Does Economic Crisis Affect The Demand For Money: Evidence From Croatia?
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Svatopluk Kapounek, 2011. "Monetary policy implementation and money demand instability during the financial crisis," Acta Universitatis Agriculturae et Silviculturae Mendelianae Brunensis, Mendel University Press, vol. 59(7), pages 177-186.
- Carstensen, Kai, 2006.
"Stock Market Downswing and the Stability of European Monetary Union Money Demand,"
Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 24, pages 395-402, October.
- Carstensen, Kai, 2006. "Stock market downswing and the stability of European monetary union money demand," Munich Reprints in Economics 19940, University of Munich, Department of Economics.
- M. Hashem Pesaran & Ron P. Smith, 1998.
"Structural Analysis of Cointegrating VARs,"
Journal of Economic Surveys, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 12(5), pages 471-505, December.
- William J. Baumol, 1952. "The Transactions Demand for Cash: An Inventory Theoretic Approach," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 66(4), pages 545-556.
- M. Hashem Pesaran & Yongcheol Shin & Richard J. Smith, 2001. "Bounds testing approaches to the analysis of level relationships," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 16(3), pages 289-326.
- Subrata Ghatak & Jalal Siddiki, 2001. "The use of the ARDL approach in estimating virtual exchange rates in India," Journal of Applied Statistics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 28(5), pages 573-583.
- Johansen, Soren, 1988. "Statistical analysis of cointegration vectors," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 12(2-3), pages 231-254.
- Stefka Slavova, 2003. "Money demand during hyperinflation and stabilization: Bulgaria, 1991-2000," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 35(11), pages 1303-1316.
- A. C. Pigou, 1917. "The Value of Money," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 32(1), pages 38-65.
- Fiona Atkins, 2005. "Financial Crises and Money Demand in Jamaica," Birkbeck Working Papers in Economics and Finance 0512, Birkbeck, Department of Economics, Mathematics & Statistics.
- Christian Dreger & Jürgen Wolters, 2011.
"Money and Inflation in the Euro Area during the Financial Crisis,"
Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin
1131, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Dreger, Christian & Wolters, Jürgen, 2011. "Money and inflation in the euro area during the financial crisis," Discussion Papers 300, European University Viadrina Frankfurt (Oder), Department of Business Administration and Economics.
- Mohsen Bahmani-Oskooee & Raymond Chi Wing Ng, 2002. "Long-Run Demand for Money in Hong Kong: An Application of the ARDL Model," International Journal of Business and Economics, School of Management Development, Feng Chia University, Taichung, Taiwan, vol. 1(2), pages 147-155, August.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Ansgar Belke & Robert Czudaj, 2010.
"Is Euro Area Money Demand (Still) Stable? Cointegrated VAR Versus Single Equation Techniques,"
Applied Economics Quarterly (formerly: Konjunkturpolitik), Duncker & Humblot, Berlin, vol. 56(4), pages 285-315.
- Belke, Ansgar & Czudaj, Robert, 2010. "Is Euro Area Money Demand (Still) Stable? – Cointegrated VAR versus Single Equation Techniques," Ruhr Economic Papers 171, RWI - Leibniz-Institut für Wirtschaftsforschung, Ruhr-University Bochum, TU Dortmund University, University of Duisburg-Essen.
- Ansgar Belke & Robert Czudaj, 2010. "Is Euro Area Money Demand (Still) Stable?: Cointegrated VAR versus Single Equation Techniques," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 982, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Jayaraman, T.K. & Choong, Chee-Keong, 2009. "Growth and oil price: A study of causal relationships in small Pacific Island countries," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(6), pages 2182-2189, June.
- Sulaiman, Saidu & Masih, Mansur, 2017. "Is liberalizing finance the game in town for Nigeria ?," MPRA Paper 95569, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Arvanitopoulos, T. & Agnolucci, P., 2020. "The long-term effect of renewable electricity on employment in the United Kingdom," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 134(C).
- Phouphet Kyophilavong & Gazi Salah Uddin & Muhammad Shahbaz, 2016.
"The Nexus between Financial Development and Economic Growth in Lao PDR,"
Global Business Review, International Management Institute, vol. 17(2), pages 303-317, April.
- Kyophilavong, Phouphet & Salah Uddin, Gazi & Shahbaz, Muhammad, 2014. "The Nexus Between Financial Development and Economic Growth in Lao PDR," MPRA Paper 57308, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 14 Jul 2014.
- Rakesh Kumar, 2021. "South Asia: Multilateral trade agreements and untapped regional trade integration," International Journal of Finance & Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 26(2), pages 2891-2903, April.
- Adnan Haider & Asad Jan & Kalim Hyder, 2013.
"On the (Ir)Relevance of Monetary Aggregate Targeting in Pakistan: An Eclectic View,"
Lahore Journal of Economics, Department of Economics, The Lahore School of Economics, vol. 18(2), pages 65-119, July-Dec.
- Haider, Adnan & Jan, Asad & Hyder, Kalim, 2012. "On the (IR) Relevance of Monetary Aggregate Targeting in Pakistan: An Eclectic View," MPRA Paper 43422, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Asad Jan & Adnan Haider & Syed Kalim Hyder Bukhari, 2013. "On The (Ir)relevance of Monetary Aggregate Targeting in Pakistan: An Eclectic View," SBP Working Paper Series 62, State Bank of Pakistan, Research Department.
- Chen, George S. & Yao, Yao & Malizard, Julien, 2017.
"Does foreign direct investment crowd in or crowd out private domestic investment in China? The effect of entry mode,"
Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 61(C), pages 409-419.
- G.S. Chen & Y. Yao & Julien Malizard, 2017. "Does foreign direct investment crowd in or crowd out private domestic investment in China? The effect of entry mode," Post-Print hal-03124847, HAL.
- Ferda Halicioglu, 2005. "An Ardl Model Of Aggregate Tourism Demand For Turkey," International Trade 0503005, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Phouphet KYOPHILAVONG & Gazi Salah Uddin & Muhammad Shahbaz, 2014. "The Nexus Between Financial Development and Economic Growth in Laos," Working Papers 2014-447, Department of Research, Ipag Business School.
- Rıza BAYRAK & Halim TATLI, 2016. "Short and long term analysis of some factors effecting youth unemployment in Turkey," Theoretical and Applied Economics, Asociatia Generala a Economistilor din Romania - AGER, vol. 0(3(608), A), pages 229-242, Autumn.
- Shaheen, Safana & Awan, Masood Sarwar & Waqas, Muhammad & Aslam, Muhammad Amir, 2011. "Financial Development, International Trade and Economic Growth: Empirical Evidence from Pakistan," MPRA Paper 32876, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- William A. Barnett & Taniya Ghosh & Masudul Hasan Adil, 2021. "Is money demand really unstable? Evidence from divisia monetary aggregates," Indira Gandhi Institute of Development Research, Mumbai Working Papers 2021-005, Indira Gandhi Institute of Development Research, Mumbai, India.
- Akhand Akhtar Hossain, 2019. "How justified is abandoning money in the conduct of monetary policy in Australia on the grounds of instability in the money‐demand function?," Economic Notes, Banca Monte dei Paschi di Siena SpA, vol. 48(2), July.
- Dennis Nchor & Václav Adamec, 2016. "Investigating the Stability of Money Demand in Ghana," Acta Universitatis Agriculturae et Silviculturae Mendelianae Brunensis, Mendel University Press, vol. 64(6), pages 2075-2079.
- NEIFAR, MALIKA & HarzAllah, AMIRA, 2020. "Can Canadian Stock market provide complete hedge against Inflation ?," MPRA Paper 99093, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Kyophilavong, Phouphet & Shahbaz, Muhammad & Kim, Byoungki & OH, Jeong-Soo, 2017. "A note on the electricity-growth nexus in Lao PDR," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 77(C), pages 1251-1260.
- Roberto Santis, 2015. "Quantity theory is alive: the role of international portfolio shifts," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 49(4), pages 1401-1430, December.
- Masudul Hasan Adil & Salman Haider & Neeraj R. Hatekar, 2020. "Empirical Assessment of Money Demand Stability Under India’s Open Economy: Non-linear ARDL Approach," Journal of Quantitative Economics, Springer;The Indian Econometric Society (TIES), vol. 18(4), pages 891-909, December.
- Chien-Chung Nieh & Yu-Shan Wang, 2005. "ARDL Approach to the Exchange Rate Overshooting in Taiwan," Review of Quantitative Finance and Accounting, Springer, vol. 25(1), pages 55-71, August.
More about this item
Keywordsmoney demand; economic crisis; error correct model; autoregressive distributed lag; Croatia;
All these keywords.
- E41 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Money and Interest Rates - - - Demand for Money
- G01 - Financial Economics - - General - - - Financial Crises
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:vls:finstu:v:20:y:2016:i:3:p:6-27. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/cfiarro.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Daniel Mateescu (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/cfiarro.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.