Financial Integration In The Euro Area And Smes’ Access To Finance: Evidence Based On Aggregate Survey Data
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Suk-Joong Kim & Fari Moshirian & Eliza Wu, 2018.
"Dynamic Stock Market Integration Driven by the European Monetary Union: An Empirical Analysis,"
World Scientific Book Chapters, in: Information Spillovers and Market Integration in International Finance Empirical Analyses, chapter 10, pages 305-368,
World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd..
- Kim, Suk Joong & Moshirian, Fariborz & Wu, Eliza, 2005. "Dynamic stock market integration driven by the European Monetary Union: An empirical analysis," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 29(10), pages 2475-2502, October.
- Gjika, Dritan & Horváth, Roman, 2013.
"Stock market comovements in Central Europe: Evidence from the asymmetric DCC model,"
Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 33(C), pages 55-64.
- Dritan Gjika & Roman Horváth, 2012. "Stock Market Comovements in Central Europe: Evidence from Asymmetric DCC Model," Working Papers 322, Leibniz Institut für Ost- und Südosteuropaforschung (Institute for East and Southeast European Studies).
- Dritan Gjika & Roman Horvath, 2012. "Stock Market Comovements in Central Europe: Evidence from Asymmetric DCC Model," William Davidson Institute Working Papers Series wp1035, William Davidson Institute at the University of Michigan.
- Kayo, Eduardo K. & Kimura, Herbert, 2011. "Hierarchical determinants of capital structure," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 35(2), pages 358-371, February.
- Pungulescu, Crina, 2013. "Measuring financial market integration in the European Union: EU15 vs. New Member States," Emerging Markets Review, Elsevier, vol. 17(C), pages 106-124.
- de Jong, Abe & Kabir, Rezaul & Nguyen, Thuy Thu, 2008.
"Capital structure around the world: The roles of firm- and country-specific determinants,"
Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 32(9), pages 1954-1969, September.
- de Jong, A. & Kabir, R. & Nguyen, T.T., 2007. "Capital Structure around the World: The Roles of Firm- and Country-Specific Determinants," ERIM Report Series Research in Management ERS-2007-058-F&A, Erasmus Research Institute of Management (ERIM), ERIM is the joint research institute of the Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University and the Erasmus School of Economics (ESE) at Erasmus University Rotterdam.
- Nikolaos Daskalakis & Maria Psillaki, 2007. "Do country or firm factors explain capital structure? Evidence from SMEs in France and Greece," Applied Financial Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 18(2), pages 87-97.
- Sreedhar T. Bharath & Paolo Pasquariello & Guojun Wu, 2009. "Does Asymmetric Information Drive Capital Structure Decisions?," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 22(8), pages 3211-3243, August.
- Demian, Calin-Vlad, 2011. "Cointegration in Central and East European markets in light of EU accession," Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, Elsevier, vol. 21(1), pages 144-155, February.
- Gungoraydinoglu, Ali & Öztekin, Özde, 2011. "Firm- and country-level determinants of corporate leverage: Some new international evidence," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 17(5), pages 1457-1474.
- Popov, Alexander & Ongena, Steven, 2011.
"Interbank market integration, loan rates, and firm leverage,"
Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 35(3), pages 544-559, March.
- Ongena, Steven & Popov, Alexander, 2010. "Interbank market integration, loan rates, and firm leverage," Working Paper Series 1252, European Central Bank.
- Berger, Tino & Pozzi, Lorenzo, 2013. "Measuring time-varying financial market integration: An unobserved components approach," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 37(2), pages 463-473.
- Bekaert, Geert & Harvey, Campbell R, 1995. "Time-Varying World Market Integration," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 50(2), pages 403-444, June.
- Rajan, Raghuram G & Zingales, Luigi, 1995.
"What Do We Know about Capital Structure? Some Evidence from International Data,"
Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 50(5), pages 1421-1460, December.
- Raghuram G. Rajan & Luigi Zingales, 1994. "What Do We Know About Capital Structure? Some Evidence from International Data," NBER Working Papers 4875, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Frank, Murray Z. & Goyal, Vidhan K., 2003. "Testing the pecking order theory of capital structure," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 67(2), pages 217-248, February.
- Levy Yeyati, Eduardo & Schmukler, Sergio L. & Van Horen, Neeltje, 2009. "International financial integration through the law of one price: The role of liquidity and capital controls," Journal of Financial Intermediation, Elsevier, vol. 18(3), pages 432-463, July.
- Friedrich, Christian & Schnabel, Isabel & Zettelmeyer, Jeromin, 2013.
"Financial integration and growth — Why is Emerging Europe different?,"
Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 89(2), pages 522-538.
- Christian Friedrich & Isabel Schnabel & Jeromin Zettelmeyer, 2010. "Financial Integration and Growth -Is Emerging Europe Different?," Working Papers 1013, Gutenberg School of Management and Economics, Johannes Gutenberg-Universität Mainz, revised 17 Nov 2010.
- Friedrich, Christian & Schnabel, Isabel & Zettelmeyer, Jeromin, 2010. "Financial Integration and Growth - Is Emerging Europe Different?," CEPR Discussion Papers 8137, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Mariarosaria Agostino & Francesco Trivieri, 2008. "Banking Competition and SMEs Bank Financing. Evidence from the Italian Provinces," Journal of Industry, Competition and Trade, Springer, vol. 8(1), pages 33-53, March.
- Titman, Sheridan & Wessels, Roberto, 1988. " The Determinants of Capital Structure Choice," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 43(1), pages 1-19, March.
- José López-Gracia & Francisco Sogorb-Mira, 2008. "Testing trade-off and pecking order theories financing SMEs," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 31(2), pages 117-136, August.
- Mateev, Miroslav & Poutziouris, Panikkos & Ivanov, Konstantin, 2013. "On the determinants of SME capital structure in Central and Eastern Europe: A dynamic panel analysis," Research in International Business and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 27(1), pages 28-51.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Giorgio Barba Navaretti & Giacomo Calzolari & Gianmarco Ottaviano & Alberto Franco Pozzolo, 2019. "Capital Market Union and Growth Prospects for Small and Medium Enterprises," Development Working Papers 449, Centro Studi Luca d'Agliano, University of Milano.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Martinez Cillero, Maria & Lawless, Martina & O'Toole, Conor, 2019. "The determinants of SME capital structure across the lifecycle," Papers WP614, Economic and Social Research Institute (ESRI).
- Alves, Paulo & Couto, Eduardo Barbosa & Francisco, Paulo Morais, 2015. "Board of directors’ composition and capital structure," Research in International Business and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 35(C), pages 1-32.
- Valcacer, Santiago & José de Moura, Heber & Lopes , David & Amorim , Vinicius, 2017. "Capital structure management differences in Latin American and US firms after 2008 crisis," Journal of Economics, Finance and Administrative Science, Universidad ESAN, vol. 22(42), pages 51-74.
- Barry Harrison & Theodorus Wisnu Widjaja, 2014. "The Determinants of Capital Structure: Comparison between Before and After Financial Crisis," Economic Issues Journal Articles, Economic Issues, vol. 19(2), pages 55-83, September.
- Sohrabi, Narges & Movaghari, Hadi, 2020. "Reliable factors of Capital structure: Stability selection approach," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 77(C), pages 296-310.
- Quratulain Zafar & Winai Wongsurawat & David Camino, 2019. "The determinants of leverage decisions: Evidence from Asian emerging markets," Cogent Economics & Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 7(1), pages 1598836-159, January.
- Razali Haron & Khairunisah Ibrahim & Fauzias Mat Nor & Izani Ibrahim, 2013. "Factors Affecting Speed of Adjustment to Target Leverage: Malaysia Evidence," Global Business Review, International Management Institute, vol. 14(2), pages 243-262, June.
- Ajid ur Rehman & Man Wang & Sultan Sikandar Mirza, 2017. "How do Chinese firms adjust their financial leverage: an empirical investigation using multiple GMM models," China Finance and Economic Review, Springer, vol. 5(1), pages 1-30, December.
- Antonio D’Amato, 2020. "Capital structure, debt maturity, and financial crisis: empirical evidence from SMEs," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 55(4), pages 919-941, December.
- Mário Santos & António Moreira & Elisabete Vieira, 2014. "Ownership concentration, contestability, family firms, and capital structure," Journal of Management & Governance, Springer;Accademia Italiana di Economia Aziendale (AIDEA), vol. 18(4), pages 1063-1107, November.
- Apostolos Dasilas & Nicolas Papasyriopoulos, 2015. "Corporate governance, credit ratings and the capital structure of Greek SME and large listed firms," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 45(1), pages 215-244, June.
- Snehal S Herwadkar, 2017. "Corporate leverage in EMEs: did the global financial crisis change the determinants?," BIS Working Papers 681, Bank for International Settlements.
- Niloufar Rezaie Nejad & Shaista Wasiuzzaman, 2015. "Multilevel Determinants of Capital Structure: Evidence from Malaysia," Global Business Review, International Management Institute, vol. 16(2), pages 199-212, April.
- Bessler, Wolfgang & Drobetz, Wolfgang & Haller, Rebekka & Meier, Iwan, 2013. "The international zero-leverage phenomenon," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 23(C), pages 196-221.
- Meskat Ibne Sharif, 2019. "Fundamental Drivers of Capital Structure: Evidence from Publicly Traded Non-financial U.S. Firms," International Journal of Economics and Financial Issues, Econjournals, vol. 9(6), pages 113-122.
- Abrapuspa Ghani Talattov & Nur Azura Sanusi & Suhal Kusairi & Abu Hassan Shaari, 2016. "The Role Of Corporate Zakat On Optimal Capital Structure Policy: Evidence From Malaysian Firms," Journal of Islamic Monetary Economics and Finance, Bank Indonesia, vol. 1(2), pages 1-34, February.
- Vo, Xuan Vinh, 2017. "Determinants of capital structure in emerging markets: Evidence from Vietnam," Research in International Business and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 40(C), pages 105-113.
- Yildirim, Ramazan & Masih, Mansur & Bacha, Obiyathulla Ismath, 2018.
"Determinants of capital structure: evidence from Shari'ah compliant and non-compliant firms,"
Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 51(C), pages 198-219.
- Yildirim, Ramazan & Masih, Mansur & Bacha, Obiyathulla, 2017. "Determinants of capital structure - Evidence from Shari'ah compliant and non-compliant firms," MPRA Paper 90280, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 26 May 2018.
- Yarong Chen & Luca Sensini & Maria Vazquez, 2021. "Determinants of Leverage in Emerging Markets: Empirical Evidence," International Journal of Economics and Financial Issues, Econjournals, vol. 11(2), pages 40-46.
- Wolfgang Breuer & Ji Cao & Marc Oliver Rieger & K. Can Soypak, 2019. "Capital Structure Decisions, Loss Aversion, and Equity Premium," Working Paper Series 2019-04, University of Trier, Research Group Quantitative Finance and Risk Analysis.
More about this item
Keywordscross-border loans; interest rate spread; GIPSI; debt ratio;
All these keywords.
- F36 - International Economics - - International Finance - - - Financial Aspects of Economic Integration
- G15 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - International Financial Markets
- G32 - Financial Economics - - Corporate Finance and Governance - - - Financing Policy; Financial Risk and Risk Management; Capital and Ownership Structure; Value of Firms; Goodwill
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:vls:finstu:v:19:y:2015:i:2:p:51-66. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/cfiarro.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Daniel Mateescu (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/cfiarro.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.