Cointegration in Central and East European markets in light of EU accession
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Kim, Suk Joong & Moshirian, Fariborz & Wu, Eliza, 2005. "Dynamic stock market integration driven by the European Monetary Union: An empirical analysis," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 29(10), pages 2475-2502, October.
- Gilmore, Claire G. & McManus, Ginette M., 2002. "International portfolio diversification: US and Central European equity markets," Emerging Markets Review, Elsevier, vol. 3(1), pages 69-83, March.
- Ping Wang & Tomoe Moore, 2008. "Stock Market Integration For The Transition Economies: Time-Varying Conditional Correlation Approach," Manchester School, University of Manchester, vol. 76(s1), pages 116-133, September.
- Venus Khim-Sen Liew, 2004. "Which Lag Length Selection Criteria Should We Employ?," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 3(33), pages 1-9.
- Tomoe Moore, 2007. "Has entry to the European Union altered the dynamic links of stock returns for the emerging markets?," Applied Financial Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 17(17), pages 1431-1446.
- Frank Westermann, 2004. "Does the Euro affect the dynamic interactions of stock markets in Europe? Evidence from France, Germany and Italy," The European Journal of Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 10(2), pages 139-148.
- Levy, Haim & Sarnat, Marshall, 1970. "International Diversification of Investment Portfolios," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 60(4), pages 668-675, September.
- Scheicher, Martin, 2001. "The Comovements of Stock Markets in Hungary, Poland and the Czech Republic," International Journal of Finance & Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 6(1), pages 27-39, January.
- Bekaert, Geert & Harvey, Campbell R., 1997. "Emerging equity market volatility," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 43(1), pages 29-77, January.
- Granger, C W J, 1969. "Investigating Causal Relations by Econometric Models and Cross-Spectral Methods," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 37(3), pages 424-438, July.
- Ripley, Duncan M, 1973. "Systematic Elements in the Linkage of National Stock Market Indices," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 55(3), pages 356-361, August.
- Chelley-Steeley, Patricia L., 2005. "Modeling equity market integration using smooth transition analysis: A study of Eastern European stock markets," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 24(5), pages 818-831, September.
- Fratzscher, Marcel, 2002.
"Financial Market Integration in Europe: On the Effects of EMU on Stock Markets,"
International Journal of Finance & Economics,
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 7(3), pages 165-193, July.
- Fratzscher, M., 2001. "Financial Market Integration in Europe: On the Effects of EMU on Stock Markets," Papers 48, Quebec a Montreal - Recherche en gestion.
- Fratzscher, Marcel, 2001. "Financial market integration in Europe: on the effects of EMU on stock markets," Working Paper Series 0048, European Central Bank.
- Johansen, Soren, 1988. "Statistical analysis of cointegration vectors," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 12(2-3), pages 231-254.
- Per-Ola ManeschiÃ¶ld, 2006. "Integration Between the Baltic and International Stock Markets," Emerging Markets Finance and Trade, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 42(6), pages 25-45, December.
- Egert, Balazs & Kocenda, Evzen, 2007.
"Interdependence between Eastern and Western European stock markets: Evidence from intraday data,"
Elsevier, vol. 31(2), pages 184-203, June.
- Balazs Egert & Evzen Kocenda, 2005. "Contagion Across and Integration of Central and Eastern European Stock Markets: Evidence from Intraday Data," William Davidson Institute Working Papers Series wp798, William Davidson Institute at the University of Michigan.
- William Cheung & Scott Fung & Shih-Chuan Tsai, 2010. "Global capital market interdependence and spillover effect of credit risk: evidence from the 2007-2009 global financial crisis," Applied Financial Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 20(1-2), pages 85-103.
- Agmon, Tamir, 1973. "Country Risk: The Significance of the Country Factor for Share-Price Movements in the United Kingdom, Germany, and Japan," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 46(1), pages 24-32, January.
- Wheatley, Simon, 1988. "Some tests of international equity integration," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 21(2), pages 177-212, September.
- repec:ebl:ecbull:v:3:y:2004:i:33:p:1-9 is not listed on IDEAS
- Gerald P. Dwyer & R. W. Hafer, 1988. "Are national stock markets linked?," Review, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis, issue Nov, pages 3-14.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Gagnon, Marie-Hélène & Power, Gabriel J. & Toupin, Dominique, 2016. "International stock market cointegration under the risk-neutral measure," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 47(C), pages 243-255.
- MOSCALU, Maricica, 2015. "Financial Integration In The Euro Area And Smes’ Access To Finance: Evidence Based On Aggregate Survey Data," Studii Financiare (Financial Studies), Centre of Financial and Monetary Research "Victor Slavescu", vol. 19(2), pages 51-66.
- Chen, Mei-Ping & Chen, Pei-Fen & Lee, Chien-Chiang, 2014. "Frontier stock market integration and the global financial crisis," The North American Journal of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 29(C), pages 84-103.
- Fuinhas, José Alberto & Marques, António Cardoso & Nogueira, David Coito, 2014.
"Análise VAR dos índices bolsistas SP500, FTSE100, PSI20, HSI e IBOVESPA
[Integration of the indexes SP500, FTSE100, PSI20, HSI and IBOVESPA: A VAR approach]," MPRA Paper 62092, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 10 Feb 2015.
- Shahzad, Syed Jawad Hussain & Ahmed, Tanveer & Rehman, Mobeen Ur & Zakaria, Muhammad, 2014. "Relationship between Developed, Emerging and South Asian Equity Markets: Empirical Evidence with a Multivariate Framework Analysis," MPRA Paper 60398, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Reboredo, Juan C. & Tiwari, Aviral Kumar & Albulescu, Claudiu Tiberiu, 2015. "An analysis of dependence between Central and Eastern European stock markets," Economic Systems, Elsevier, vol. 39(3), pages 474-490.
- Guidi, Francesco & Ugur, Mehmet, 2012. "Are South East Europe stock markets integrated with regional and global stock markets?," MPRA Paper 44133, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised Dec 2012.
- Boubaker, Sabri & Jouini, Jamel, 2014.
"Linkages between emerging and developed equity markets: Empirical evidence in the PMG framework,"
The North American Journal of Economics and Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 29(C), pages 322-335.
- Sabri Boubaker & Jamel Jouini, 2014. "Linkages between emerging and developed equity markets: Empirical evidence in the PMG framework," Post-Print hal-01158111, HAL.
- Aloui, Riadh & Hammoudeh, Shawkat & Nguyen, Duc Khuong, 2013. "A time-varying copula approach to oil and stock market dependence: The case of transition economies," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 39(C), pages 208-221.
- Yunus, Nafeesa & Swanson, Peggy E., 2012. "Changing integration of EMU public property markets," Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, Elsevier, vol. 22(1), pages 194-208.
- Maricica Moscalu, 2015. "Integration between the Romanian and the Euro Area Financial Markets and its Impact on the Growth Rate of Romanian Listed Companies," Acta Universitatis Danubius. OEconomica, Danubius University of Galati, issue 11(4), pages 138-149, August.
- Guidi, Francesco & Ugur, Mehmet, 2014.
"An analysis of South-Eastern European stock markets: Evidence on cointegration and portfolio diversification benefits,"
Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money,
Elsevier, vol. 30(C), pages 119-136.
- Guidi, Francesco & Ugur, Mehmet, 2014. "An analysis of South-Eastern European stock markets: evidence on cointegration and portfolio diversification benefits," Greenwich Papers in Political Economy 11323, University of Greenwich, Greenwich Political Economy Research Centre.
- Zagorchev, Andrey & Vasconcellos, Geraldo & Bae, Youngsoo, 2011. "Financial development, technology, growth and performance: Evidence from the accession to the EU," Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, Elsevier, vol. 21(5), pages 743-759.
More about this item
KeywordsCEE Equity markets Integration European Union Accession: Cointegration;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:intfin:v:21:y:2011:i:1:p:144-155. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/intfin .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.