The Impacts of Social Networks and Household Forest Conservation Efforts in Rural Nepal
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Robert T. Deacon, 1999. "Deforestation and Ownership: Evidence from Historical Accounts and Contemporary Data," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 75(3), pages 341-359.
- Edmonds, Eric V., 2002. "Government-initiated community resource management and local resource extraction from Nepal's forests," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 68(1), pages 89-115, June.
- Linwood H. Pendleton & E. Lance Howe, 2002. "Market Integration, Development, and Smallholder Forest Clearance," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 78(1), pages 1-19.
- Kijima, Yoko & Sakurai, Takeshi & Otsuka, Keijiro, 2000. "Iriaichi: Collective versus Individualized Management of Community Forests in Postwar Japan," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 48(4), pages 866-886, July.
- Alok K. Bohara & Neil J. Mitchell & Mani Nepal, 2006. "Opportunity, Democracy, and the Exchange of Political Violence," Journal of Conflict Resolution, Peace Science Society (International), vol. 50(1), pages 108-128, February.
- Bluffstone Randall A., 1995. "The Effect of Labor Market Performance on Deforestation in Developing Countries under Open Access: An Example from Rural Nepal," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 29(1), pages 42-63, July.
- Douglas Southgate, 1990. "The Causes of Land Degradation along "Spontaneously" Expanding Agricultural Frontiers in the Third World," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 66(1), pages 93-101.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Prabath Nishantha Edirisinghe, "undated". "Are All Shifting Cultivators poor? Evidence from Sri Lanka's Dry zones," Working papers 113, The South Asian Network for Development and Environmental Economics.
- Mekonnen, Alemu & Bluffstone, Ramdall, 2008. "Is There a Link between Common Property Forest Management and Private Tree Growing? Evidence of Behavioral Effects from Highland Ethiopia," Discussion Papers dp-08-29-efd, Resources For the Future.
- Towa Tachibana & Sunit Adhikari, 2009. "Does Community-Based Management Improve Natural Resource Condition? Evidence from the Forests in Nepal," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 85(1), pages 107-131.
- Bluffstone, Randy & Dannenberg, Astrid & Martinsson, Peter & Jha, Prakash & Bista, Rajesh, 2020.
"Cooperative behavior and common pool resources: Experimental evidence from community forest user groups in Nepal,"
World Development, Elsevier, vol. 129(C).
- Bluffstone,Randy & Dannenberg,Astrid & Martinsson,Peter & Jha,Prakash & Bista,Rjesh, 2015. "Cooperative behavior and common pool resources : experimental evidence from community forest user groups in Nepal," Policy Research Working Paper Series 7323, The World Bank.
- Bluffstone, Randy, 2014. "Child Labor, the Wealth Paradox, and Common Forest Management in Bolivia," Discussion Papers edf-dp-14-16, Resources For the Future.
- Rai, Rajesh Kumar & Dhakal, Arun & Khadayat, Madan S. & Ranabhat, Sunita, 2017. "Is collaborative forest management in Nepal able to provide benefits to distantly located users?," Forest Policy and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 83(C), pages 156-161.
- Mekonnen, Alemu & Damte, Abebe, 2011. "Private Trees as Household Assets and Determinants of Tree-Growing Behavior in Rural Ethiopia," Discussion Papers dp-11-14-efd, Resources For the Future.
- Alemu Mekonnen & Randall Bluffstone, 2017. "Does Community Forest Collective Action Promote Private Tree Planting? Evidence from Ethiopia," International Business Research, Canadian Center of Science and Education, vol. 10(5), pages 86-106, May.
- Chand, Narendra & Kerr, Geoffrey N. & Bigsby, Hugh, 2015. "Production efficiency of community forest management in Nepal," Forest Policy and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 50(C), pages 172-179.
- Bluffstone, Randy & Robinson, Elizabeth & Guthiga, Paul, 2013. "REDD+and community-controlled forests in low-income countries: Any hope for a linkage?," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 87(C), pages 43-52.
- Antoci, Angelo & Sacco, Pier Luigi & Vanin, Paolo, 2008. "Participation, growth and social poverty: social capital in a homogeneous society," MPRA Paper 13661, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Mani Nepal & Rajesh Kumar Rai & Saudamini Das & Laxmi Dutt Bhatta & Rajan Kotru & Madan Singh Khadayat & Ranbeer Singh Rawal & G. C. S. Negi, 2018. "Valuing Cultural Services of the Kailash Sacred Landscape for Sustainable Management," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 10(10), pages 1-19, October.
- Sarkhel, Prasenjit, 2015. "Flood risk, land use and private participation in embankment maintenance in Indian Sundarbans," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 118(C), pages 272-284.
- Bluffstone, Randy & Robinson, Elizabeth & Guthiga, Paul, 2012. "Deforestation and forest degradation are estimated to account for between 12 percent and 20 percent of annual greenhouse gas emissions. These activities, largely in the developing world, released abou," Discussion Papers dp-12-11-efd, Resources For the Future.
- Joshi, Janak & Ali, Mohammad & Berrens, Robert P., 2017. "Valuing farm access to irrigation in Nepal: A hedonic pricing model," Agricultural Water Management, Elsevier, vol. 181(C), pages 35-46.
More about this item
- Q23 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Renewable Resources and Conservation - - - Forestry
- O17 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Formal and Informal Sectors; Shadow Economy; Institutional Arrangements
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:uwp:landec:v:83:y:2007:i:2:p:174-191. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://le.uwpress.org/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.