The Effect Of Financial Ratios On The Firm Value: Evidence From Turkey
This study examines the effect of financial ratios on firm value. For this purpose, the firms in the sectors of Food-Drink-Tobacco and Basic Metal Industry involved in ISE 100 index are examined. In the study, the relation between firm value and financial ratios are analyzed by panel data analysis. In the analysis 36 firms operating in these sectors between 2002 and 2009 have been analyzed. The dependent variable of the study is firm value; the independent variables are financial ratios. As a result, it has been found out by panel data analysis that financial ratios influence the firm value. There is a significant and positive relation between receivables turnover and firm value; there is a significant and negative relation between inventory turnover and return on equity. No significant relation has been detected between the other ratios.
Volume (Year): 7 (2012)
Issue (Month): 1(19)/ Spring 2012 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www2.spiruharet.ro/facultati/facultate.php?id=14|
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Masulis, Ronald W, 1983. " The Impact of Capital Structure Change on Firm Value: Some Estimates," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 38(1), pages 107-126, March.
- Anup Chowdhury & Suman Paul Chowdhury, 2010. "Impact of capital structure on firm’s value: Evidence from Bangladesh," Business and Economic Horizons (BEH), Prague Development Center, vol. 3(3), pages 111-122, October.
- Ferri, Michael G & Jones, Wesley H, 1979. "Determinants of Financial Structure: A New Methodological Approach," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 34(3), pages 631-644, June.
- Im, Kyung So & Pesaran, M. Hashem & Shin, Yongcheol, 2003.
"Testing for unit roots in heterogeneous panels,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 115(1), pages 53-74, July.
- Pasaran, M.H. & Im, K.S. & Shin, Y., 1995. "Testing for Unit Roots in Heterogeneous Panels," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 9526, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Tom Doan, "undated". "IPSHIN: RATS procedure to implement Im, Pesaran and Shin panel unit root test," Statistical Software Components RTS00098, Boston College Department of Economics.
- Levin, Andrew & Lin, Chien-Fu & James Chu, Chia-Shang, 2002. "Unit root tests in panel data: asymptotic and finite-sample properties," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 108(1), pages 1-24, May.
- Tom Doan, "undated". "LEVINLIN: RATS procedure to perform Levin-Lin-Chu test for unit roots in panel data," Statistical Software Components RTS00242, Boston College Department of Economics.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ush:jaessh:v:7:y:2012:i:1(18)_spring2012:p:56. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Laura Stefanescu)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.