Obstacles to bank financing of micro and small enterprises: empirical evidence from the Pacific with some policy implications
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Mark Gertler, 1988.
"Financial structure and aggregate economic activity: an overview,"
Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland, pages 559-596.
- Gertler, Mark, 1988. "Financial Structure and Aggregate Economic Activity: An Overview," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 20(3), pages 559-588, August.
- Mark L. Gertler, 1988. "Financial Structure and Aggregate Economic Activity: An Overview," NBER Working Papers 2559, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Parmendra Sharma & Mark Brimble, "undated". "2012-11 Sustainable development in the small states of the South Pacific: Toward a corporate social responsibility for international banks in small economies," Discussion Papers in Finance finance:201211, Griffith University, Department of Accounting, Finance and Economics.
- Beck, Thorsten & Klapper, Leora F. & Mendoza, Juan Carlos, 2010.
"The typology of partial credit guarantee funds around the world,"
Journal of Financial Stability,
Elsevier, vol. 6(1), pages 10-25, April.
- Beck, Thorsten & Klapper, Leora F. & Mendoza, Juan Carlos, 2008. "The typology of partial credit guarantee funds around the world," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4771, The World Bank.
- N. Berger, Allen & F. Udell, Gregory, 1998.
"The economics of small business finance: The roles of private equity and debt markets in the financial growth cycle,"
Journal of Banking & Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 22(6-8), pages 613-673, August.
- Allen N. Berger & Gregory F. Udell, 1998. "The economics of small business finance: the roles of private equity and debt markets in the financial growth cycle," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 1998-15, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Havas, Attila, 2002.
"Does innovation policy policy matter? The case of Hungary,"
61180, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Attila Havas, 2002. "Does Innovation Policy Matter in a Transition Country? – The case of Hungary," IEHAS Discussion Papers 0205, Institute of Economics, Centre for Economic and Regional Studies, Hungarian Academy of Sciences.
- Evans, David S & Jovanovic, Boyan, 1989. "An Estimated Model of Entrepreneurial Choice under Liquidity Constraints," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 97(4), pages 808-827, August.
- Steven M. Fazzari & R. Glenn Hubbard & Bruce C. Petersen, 1988. "Financing Constraints and Corporate Investment," Brookings Papers on Economic Activity, Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 19(1), pages 141-206.
- Myers, Stewart C., 1984. "Capital structure puzzle," Working papers 1548-84., Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Sloan School of Management.
- Parmendra Sharma & Neelesh Gounder, 2011. "Supply Side Obstacles to Financing the Private Sector: Empirical Evidence from a Small Island Developing State," Discussion Papers in Finance finance:201101, Griffith University, Department of Accounting, Finance and Economics.
- Myers, Stewart C, 1984. " The Capital Structure Puzzle," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 39(3), pages 575-592, July.
- Stewart C. Myers, 1984. "Capital Structure Puzzle," NBER Working Papers 1393, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Klapper, Leora & Laeven, Luc & Rajan, Raghuram, 2006. "Entry regulation as a barrier to entrepreneurship," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 82(3), pages 591-629, December.
- Parmendra Sharma & Duc-Tho Nguyen, 2009. "Law and banking development in a South Pacific island economy: The case of Fiji, 1970â 2006," Discussion Papers in Economics economics:200902, Griffith University, Department of Accounting, Finance and Economics.
- Steven N. Kaplan & Luigi Zingales, 1997. "Do Investment-Cash Flow Sensitivities Provide Useful Measures of Financing Constraints?," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 112(1), pages 169-215.
- Meghana Ayyagari & Thorsten Beck & Asli Demirguc-Kunt, 2007. "Small and Medium Enterprises Across the Globe," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 29(4), pages 415-434, December.
More about this item
KeywordsFiji; Pacific; financing obstacles; micro and small enterprises (MSEs); bank loans;
- G21 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Banks; Other Depository Institutions; Micro Finance Institutions; Mortgages
- G28 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Government Policy and Regulation
- O10 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - General
- O16 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Financial Markets; Saving and Capital Investment; Corporate Finance and Governance
- O50 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economywide Country Studies - - - General
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:unt:jnapdj:v:19:y:2012:i:2:p:49-75. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Macroeconomic Policy and Development Division, ESCAP). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/escapth.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.