Public versus Private Initiative in Arctic Exploration: The Effects of Incentives and Organizational Structure
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Boardman, Anthony E & Vining, Aidan R, 1989. "Ownership and Performance in Competitive Environments: A Comparison of the Performance of Private, Mixed, and State-Owned Enterprises," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 32(1), pages 1-33, April.
- Kole, Stacey R & Mulherin, J Harold, 1997. "The Government as a Shareholder: A Case from the United States," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 40(1), pages 1-22, April.
- Megginson, William L & Nash, Robert C & van Randenborgh, Matthias, 1994. " The Financial and Operating Performance of Newly Privatized Firms: An International Empirical Analysis," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 49(2), pages 403-452, June.
- Oliver Hart & Andrei Shleifer & Robert W. Vishny, 1997.
"The Proper Scope of Government: Theory and an Application to Prisons,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 112(4), pages 1127-1161.
- Oliver Hart & Andrei Shleifer & Robert W. Vishny, 1996. "The Proper Scope of Government: Theory and an Application to Prisons," NBER Working Papers 5744, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Oliver Hart & Andrei Shleifer & Robert Vishny, 1996. "The Proper Scope of Government: Theory and an Application to Prisons," Harvard Institute of Economic Research Working Papers 1778, Harvard - Institute of Economic Research.
- Fama, Eugene F & Jensen, Michael C, 1983. "Separation of Ownership and Control," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 26(2), pages 301-325, June.
- Eckel, Catherine & Eckel, Doug & Singal, Vijay, 1997. "Privatization and efficiency: Industry effects of the sale of British Airways," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 43(2), pages 275-298, February.
- repec:hrv:faseco:30727607 is not listed on IDEAS
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Bernd Frick & Anica Rose, 2017. "Over the top: Team composition and performance in Himalayan expeditions," Working Papers Dissertations 24, Paderborn University, Faculty of Business Administration and Economics.
- Christopher S Decker & William Corcoran & David T Flynn, 2011.
"Shipwrecks on the Great Lakes and the Lake Carriers Association,"
Eastern Economic Journal,
Palgrave Macmillan;Eastern Economic Association, vol. 37(4), pages 450-469.
- Decker, Christopher & Corcoran, William & Flynn, David, 2008. "Shipwrecks on the Great Lakes and the Lake Carriers Association," MPRA Paper 11378, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Stan du Plessis, 2011. "Nationalising South African mines: Back to a prosperous future, or down a rabbit hole?," Working Papers 17/2011, Stellenbosch University, Department of Economics.
- Charalampos Karagiannakis & Elena Ketteni & Theofanis P. Mamuneas & Panos Pashardes, 2014. "Public vs Private: Electricity and Telecommunications in Europe," Cyprus Economic Policy Review, University of Cyprus, Economics Research Centre, vol. 8(1), pages 53-70, June.
- John A. List, 2011. "The Market for Charitable Giving," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 25(2), pages 157-180, Spring.
- Cashman, George D. & Deli, Daniel N., 2009. "Locating decision rights: Evidence from the mutual fund industry," Journal of Financial Markets, Elsevier, vol. 12(4), pages 645-671, November.
- Machiel Mulder & Victoria Shestalova & Mark Lijesen, 2005. "Vertical separation of the energy-distribution industry; an assessment of several options for unbundling," CPB Document 84, CPB Netherlands Bureau for Economic Policy Analysis.
- Machikita, Tomohiro & Ueki, Yasushi, 2009. "Linked versus Non-linked Firms in Innovation: The Effects of Economies of Network in Agglomeration in East Asia," IDE Discussion Papers 188, Institute of Developing Economies, Japan External Trade Organization(JETRO).
- Anne van Aaken & Janis Antonovics & Peter Kareiva & Emma Fuller, 2016. "Beyond Resilience: How to Better Prepare for the Profound Disruption of the Anthropocene," Global Policy, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 7, pages 107-118, May.
- Skrastins, Janis & Vig, Vikrant, 2015. "How organizational hierarchy affects information production," IMFS Working Paper Series 92, Goethe University Frankfurt, Institute for Monetary and Financial Stability (IMFS).
- Clifford G. Holderness & Jeffrey Pontiff, 2012. "Hierarchies and the Survival of Prisoners of War During World War II," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 58(10), pages 1873-1886, October.
- repec:bla:apacel:v:31:y:2017:i:1:p:66-78 is not listed on IDEAS
- Richard Chung & Scott Fung & James Shilling & Tammie Simmons-Mosley, 2011. "What Determines Stock Price Synchronicity in REITs?," The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics, Springer, vol. 43(1), pages 73-98, July.
- Michael E. Bradbury & Jill Hooks, 2015. "Ownership and Performance in a Lightly Regulated Environment," Australian Accounting Review, CPA Australia, vol. 25(1), pages 100-112, March.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ucp:jpolec:v:109:y:2001:i:1:p:38-78. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Journals Division). General contact details of provider: http://www.journals.uchicago.edu/JPE/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.