Toward a Theory of Charitable Fund-Raising
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
References listed on IDEAS
- Andreoni, James & Bergstrom, Ted, 1996.
"Do Government Subsidies Increase the Private Supply of Public Goods?,"
Springer, vol. 88(3-4), pages 295-308, September.
- Andreoni, J. & Bergstrom, T., 1992. "Do Government Subsidies Increase the Private Supply of Public Goods," Papers 92-11, Michigan - Center for Research on Economic & Social Theory.
- Andreoni, J. & Bergstrom, T., 1993. "Do Government Subsidies Increase the Private Supply of Public Goods?," The Warwick Economics Research Paper Series (TWERPS) 406, University of Warwick, Department of Economics.
- Andreoni, J. & Bergstrom, T., 1992. "Do Government Subsidies Increase the Private Supply of Public Good," Working papers 9207, Wisconsin Madison - Social Systems.
- Harbaugh, William T., 1998. "What do donations buy?: A model of philanthropy based on prestige and warm glow," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 67(2), pages 269-284, February.
- Warr, Peter G., 1982. "Pareto optimal redistribution and private charity," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 19(1), pages 131-138, October.
- Anat R. Admati & Motty Perry, 1991. "Joint Projects without Commitment," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 58(2), pages 259-276.
- Bergstrom, Theodore & Blume, Lawrence & Varian, Hal, 1986. "On the private provision of public goods," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 29(1), pages 25-49, February.
- Marc Bilodeau & Al Slivinski, 1998.
"Rational Nonprofit Entrepreneurship,"
Journal of Economics & Management Strategy,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 7(4), pages 551-571, December.
- Marc Bilodeau & Al Slivinski, "undated". "Rational Nonprofit Entrepreneurship," Industrial Organization 9405001, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Bilodeau, M. & Slivinsky, A., 1994. "Rational Nonprofit Entrepreneurship," Cahiers de recherche 94-02a, Departement d'Economique de l'École de gestion à l'Université de Sherbrooke.
- Bilodeau, M. & Slivinski, A., 1997. "Retional Nonprofit Entrepreneurship," UWO Department of Economics Working Papers 9709, University of Western Ontario, Department of Economics.
- Mark Bagnoli & Barton L. Lipman, 1989. "Provision of Public Goods: Fully Implementing the Core through Private Contributions," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 56(4), pages 583-601.
- Andreoni, James, 1988. "Privately provided public goods in a large economy: The limits of altruism," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 35(1), pages 57-73, February.
- Andreoni, James & McGuire, Martin C., 1993.
"Identifying the free riders : A simple algorithm for determining who will contribute to a public good,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 51(3), pages 447-454, July.
- McGuire, M.C. & Andreoni, J., 1991. "Identifying the Free Riders: A Simple Algorithm for Determining who will Contribute to Public Good," Papers 90-92-03, California Irvine - School of Social Sciences.
- Khanna, Jyoti & Posnett, John & Sandler, Todd, 1995. "Charity donations in the UK: New evidence based on panel data," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 56(2), pages 257-272, February.
- Steinberg, Richard S, 1987. "Voluntary Donations and Public Expenditures in a Federal System," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 77(1), pages 24-36, March.
More about this item
- D60 - Microeconomics - - Welfare Economics - - - General
- D64 - Microeconomics - - Welfare Economics - - - Altruism; Philanthropy; Intergenerational Transfers
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ucp:jpolec:v:106:y:1998:i:6:p:1186-1213. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Journals Division). General contact details of provider: http://www.journals.uchicago.edu/JPE/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.