Goethe's Second-Price Auction
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- William Vickrey, 1961. "Counterspeculation, Auctions, And Competitive Sealed Tenders," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 16(1), pages 8-37, March.
- Rosen, Sherwin, 1981. "The Economics of Superstars," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 71(5), pages 845-858, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Beck, Jonathan, 2008. "Diderot´s rule," Discussion Papers, Research Unit: Competition and Innovation SP II 2008-13, Social Science Research Center Berlin (WZB).
- Lengwiler, Yvan & Wolfstetter, Elmar G., 2005. "Bid Rigging. An Analysis of Corruption in Auctions," Discussion Paper Series of SFB/TR 15 Governance and the Efficiency of Economic Systems 39, Free University of Berlin, Humboldt University of Berlin, University of Bonn, University of Mannheim, University of Munich.
- Fischer, Gregory & Berry, James & Guiteras, Raymond, 2012.
"Eliciting and utilizing willingness to pay: evidence from field trials in Northern Ghana,"
LSE Research Online Documents on Economics
47913, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Berry, James & Fischer, Greg & Guiteras, Raymond, 2015. "Eliciting and Utilizing Willingness to Pay: Evidence from Field Trials in Northern Ghana," CEPR Discussion Papers 10703, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Charles Z. Zheng, 2016. "Goethe's secret reserve price," International Journal of Economic Theory, The International Society for Economic Theory, vol. 12(1), pages 41-48, March.
- David Lucking-Reiley, 2000. "Vickrey Auctions in Practice: From Nineteenth-Century Philately to Twenty-First-Century E-Commerce," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 14(3), pages 183-192, Summer.
- Lengwiler, Yvan & Wolfstetter, Elmar, 2010. "Auctions and corruption: An analysis of bid rigging by a corrupt auctioneer," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 34(10), pages 1872-1892, October.
- Axel Ockenfels, 2002. "New Institutional Structures on the Internet: The Economic Design of Online Auctions," Papers on Strategic Interaction 2002-08, Max Planck Institute of Economics, Strategic Interaction Group.
- Mardi Dungey & Ali Ghahremanlou & Ngo Van Long, 2017. "Strategic Bidding of Electric Power Generating Companies: Evidence from the Australian National Energy Market," CESifo Working Paper Series 6819, CESifo Group Munich.
- Yvan Lengwiler & Elmar G. Wolfstetter, 2005. "Bid Rigging â€“ An Analysis of Corruption in Auctions," CESifo Working Paper Series 1488, CESifo Group Munich.
- Urs Birchler, 2002. "Poets as consultants? Economic contract theory in German literature," University of St. Gallen Department of Economics working paper series 2002 2002-10, Department of Economics, University of St. Gallen.
- Knorr Andreas & Schulz Christina, 2004. "Die Neuregelung der Buchpreisbindung in Deutschland – Eine wettbewerbspolitische Analyse," ORDO. Jahrbuch für die Ordnung von Wirtschaft und Gesellschaft, De Gruyter, vol. 55(1), pages 235-268, January.
- Lehmann-Waffenschmidt, Marco, 2004. "Die ökonomische Botschaft in Goethes "Faust"," Dresden Discussion Paper Series in Economics 06/04, Technische Universität Dresden, Faculty of Business and Economics, Department of Economics.
- Juan I. Beccuti, 2014. "Optimal Selling Mechanisms under Imperfect Commitment," Diskussionsschriften dp1401, Universitaet Bern, Departement Volkswirtschaft.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ucp:jpolec:v:106:y:1998:i:4:p:854-859. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Journals Division). General contact details of provider: http://www.journals.uchicago.edu/JPE/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.