The Impact of Immigration on the Human Capital of Natives
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Eaton, Curtis & White, William D, 1983. "The Economy of High Wages: An Agency Problem," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 50(198), pages 175-181, May.
- Wessels, Walter J, 1980. "The Effect of Minimum Wages in the Presence of Fringe Benefits: An Expanded Model," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 18(2), pages 293-313, April.
- Barry Nalebuff & David Scharfstein, 1987. "Testing in Models of Asymmetric Information," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 54(2), pages 265-277.
- Shapiro, Carl & Stiglitz, Joseph E, 1984. "Equilibrium Unemployment as a Worker Discipline Device," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 74(3), pages 433-444, June.
- George A. Akerlof, 1982. "Labor Contracts as Partial Gift Exchange," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 97(4), pages 543-569.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Matloob Piracha & Roger Vickerman, 2002. "Immigration, Labour Mobility and EU Enlargement," Studies in Economics 0209, School of Economics, University of Kent.
- Orrenius, Pia M. & Zavodny, Madeline, 2007.
"Does immigration affect wages? A look at occupation-level evidence,"
Elsevier, vol. 14(5), pages 757-773, October.
- Orrenius, Pia M. & Zavodny, Madeline, 2003. "Does immigration affect wages? A look at occupation-level evidence," Working Papers 0302, Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas.
- Pia M. Orrenius & Madeline Zavodny, 2003. "Does immigration affect wages? A look at occupation-level evidence," FRB Atlanta Working Paper 2003-2, Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta.
- Orrenius, Pia M. & Zavodny, Madeline, 2006. "Does Immigration Affect Wages? A Look at Occupation-Level Evidence," IZA Discussion Papers 2481, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Hunt, Jennifer, 2012.
"The Impact of Immigration on the Educational Attainment of Natives,"
IZA Discussion Papers
6904, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Jennifer Hunt, 2012. "The Impact of Immigration on the Educational Attainment of Natives," NBER Working Papers 18047, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Hunt, Jennifer, 2012. "The Impact of Immigration on the Educational Attainment of Natives," CEPR Discussion Papers 9170, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Dai, Tiantian & Liu, Xiangbo & Xie, Biancen, 2013. "The impact of immigrants on host country crime," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 119(2), pages 157-161.
- Greenwood, Michael J. & Hunt, Gary L. & Kohli, Ulrich, 1997. "The factor-market consequences of unskilled immigration to the United States," Labour Economics, Elsevier, vol. 4(1), pages 1-28, March.
- Luca Marchiori & Patrice Pieretti & Benteng Zou, 2014.
"Immigration, occupational choice and public employment,"
CREA Discussion Paper Series
14-15, Center for Research in Economic Analysis, University of Luxembourg.
- Luca Marchiori & Patrice Pieretti & Benteng Zou, 2015. "Immigration, occupational choice and public employment," BCL working papers 96, Central Bank of Luxembourg.
- Marchiori, Luca & Pieretti, Patrice & Zou, Benteng, 2016. "Immigration, occupational choice and public employment," Center for Mathematical Economics Working Papers 516, Center for Mathematical Economics, Bielefeld University.
- Baez, Javier E., 2011.
"Civil wars beyond their borders: The human capital and health consequences of hosting refugees,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 96(2), pages 391-408, November.
- Baez, Javier E., 2008. "Civil Wars beyond their Borders: The Human Capital and Health Consequences of Hosting Refugees," IZA Discussion Papers 3468, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Michael Ben-Gad, 2008.
"Capital-Skill Complementarity and the Immigration Surplus,"
Review of Economic Dynamics,
Elsevier for the Society for Economic Dynamics, vol. 11(2), pages 335-365, April.
- Michael Ben-Gad, 2006. "Capital-Skill Complementarity and the Immigration Surplus," DEGIT Conference Papers c011_047, DEGIT, Dynamics, Economic Growth, and International Trade.
- Marcus H. Böhme & Sarah Kups, 2017. "The economic effects of labour immigration in developing countries: A literature review," OECD Development Centre Working Papers 335, OECD Publishing.
- Kuan Xu, 2002. "Converging at the Bottom of the Income Distribution? Assimilation of Immigrant Cohorts over Time," Department of Economics at Dalhousie University working papers archive ginisbgp, Dalhousie, Department of Economics.
- P. Giannoccolo, 2004. "The Brain Drain. A Survey of the Literature," Working Papers 526, Dipartimento Scienze Economiche, Universita' di Bologna.
- Vickerman, Roger, 2002. "Economic issues in a community immigration policy: the regional dimension," ERSA conference papers ersa02p383, European Regional Science Association.
- Casarico, Alessandra & Devillanova, Carlo, 2003. "Social security and migration with endogenous skill upgrading," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 87(3-4), pages 773-797, March.
- Akgündüz, Yusuf Emre & van den Berg, Marcel & Hassink, Wolter, 2015. "The Impact of Refugee Crises on Host Labor Markets: The Case of the Syrian Refugee Crisis in Turkey," IZA Discussion Papers 8841, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Tamura, Yuji, 2004. "Referendum-Led Immigration Policy In The Welfare State," The Warwick Economics Research Paper Series (TWERPS) 713, University of Warwick, Department of Economics.
- Lumpe, Christian & Weigert, Benjamin, 2010. "Immigration, education and native wage inequality," Working Papers 01/2010, German Council of Economic Experts / Sachverständigenrat zur Begutachtung der gesamtwirtschaftlichen Entwicklung.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ucp:jlabec:v:7:y:1989:i:4:p:464-86. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Journals Division). General contact details of provider: http://www.journals.uchicago.edu/JOLE/ .
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .