Comparing the net foreign liability dynamics of Australia and the United States
This article examines the evolution of net foreign liabilities as a share of GDP in Australia and the United States. The two countries have been running similarly large current account deficits in recent years. But while net foreign liabilities have been growing steadily as a share of GDP in Australia they have, remarkably, been falling in the US.
Volume (Year): (2007)
Issue (Month): 4 (December)
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Langton Crescent, PARKES ACT 2600|
Phone: +61 2 6263 2111
Fax: +61 2 6273 2614
Web page: http://www.treasury.gov.au
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- David Gruen & Amanda Sayegh, 2005.
"The evolution of fiscal policy in Australia,"
Treasury Working Papers
2005-04, The Treasury, Australian Government, revised Nov 2005.
- Gourinchas, Pierre-Olivier & Rey, Hélène, 2005.
"From World Banker to World Venture Capitalist: US External Adjustment and The Exorbitant Privilege,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
5220, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Pierre-Olivier Gourinchas & Hélène Rey, 2007. "From World Banker to World Venture Capitalist: U.S. External Adjustment and the Exorbitant Privilege," NBER Chapters, in: G7 Current Account Imbalances: Sustainability and Adjustment, pages 11-66 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Pierre-Olivier Gourinchas & Hélène Rey, 2005. "From World Banker to World Venture Capitalist: US External Adjustment and the Exorbitant Privilege," NBER Working Papers 11563, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Gourinchas, Pierre-Olivier & Rey, Hélène, 2005. "From World Banker to World Venture Capitalist: US External Adjustment and the Exorbitant Privilege," CEPREMAP Working Papers (Docweb) 0606, CEPREMAP.
- William R. Cline, 2005. "United States as a Debtor Nation, The," Peterson Institute Press: All Books, Peterson Institute for International Economics, number 3993, January.
- Phil Garton, 2007. "Asymmetric investment returns and the sustainability of US external imbalances," Treasury Working Papers 2007-01, The Treasury, Australian Government, revised Feb 2007.
- Willer, 2005. "United States Animal Health Association," 2005 NAAMIC Workshop II: Agrifood Regulatory and Policy Integration under Stress 163870, North American Agrifood Market Integration Consortium (NAAMIC).
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:tsy:journl:journl_tsy_er_2007_4_2. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (The Treasury (Commonwealth of Australia))
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.