Comparing the net foreign liability dynamics of Australia and the United States
This article examines the evolution of net foreign liabilities as a share of GDP in Australia and the United States. The two countries have been running similarly large current account deficits in recent years. But while net foreign liabilities have been growing steadily as a share of GDP in Australia they have, remarkably, been falling in the US.
Volume (Year): (2007)
Issue (Month): 4 (December)
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Langton Crescent, PARKES ACT 2600|
Phone: +61 2 6263 2111
Fax: +61 2 6273 2614
Web page: http://www.treasury.gov.au
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- David Gruen & Amanda Sayegh, 2005. "The Evolution of Fiscal Policy in Australia," Oxford Review of Economic Policy, Oxford University Press, vol. 21(4), pages 618-635, Winter.
- Willer, 2005. "United States Animal Health Association," 2005 NAAMIC Workshop II: Agrifood Regulatory and Policy Integration under Stress 163870, North American Agrifood Market Integration Consortium (NAAMIC).
- Pierre-Olivier Gourinchas & Hélène Rey, 2007.
"From World Banker to World Venture Capitalist: U.S. External Adjustment and the Exorbitant Privilege,"
NBER Chapters,in: G7 Current Account Imbalances: Sustainability and Adjustment, pages 11-66
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Gourinchas, Pierre-Olivier & Rey, Hélène, 2005. "From World Banker to World Venture Capitalist: US External Adjustment and the Exorbitant Privilege," CEPREMAP Working Papers (Docweb) 0606, CEPREMAP.
- Pierre-Olivier Gourinchas & Hélène Rey, 2005. "From World Banker to World Venture Capitalist: US External Adjustment and the Exorbitant Privilege," NBER Working Papers 11563, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Gourinchas, Pierre-Olivier & Rey, Hélène, 2005. "From World Banker to World Venture Capitalist: US External Adjustment and The Exorbitant Privilege," CEPR Discussion Papers 5220, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Phil Garton, 2007. "Asymmetric investment returns and the sustainability of US external imbalances," Treasury Working Papers 2007-01, The Treasury, Australian Government, revised Feb 2007.
- William R. Cline, 2005. "United States as a Debtor Nation, The," Peterson Institute Press: All Books, Peterson Institute for International Economics, number 3993.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:tsy:journl:journl_tsy_er_2007_4_2. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (The Treasury (Commonwealth of Australia))
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.