Semiparametric fixed-effects estimator
In this article, we describe the Stata implementation of Baltagi and Li's (2002, Annals of Economics and Finance 3: 103–116) series estimator of partially linear panel-data models with fixed effects. After a brief description of the estimator itself, we describe the new command xtsemipar. We then simulate data to show that this estimator performs better than a fixed-effects estimator if the relationship between two variables is unknown or quite complex. Copyright 2013 by StataCorp LP.
Volume (Year): 13 (2013)
Issue (Month): 2 (June)
|Note:||to access software from within Stata, net describe http://www.stata-journal.com/software/sj13-2/st0296/|
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.stata-journal.com/|
|Order Information:||Web: http://www.stata-journal.com/subscription.html|
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Badi H. Baltagi & Dong Li, 2002.
"Series Estimation of Partially Linear Panel Data Models with Fixed Effects,"
Annals of Economics and Finance,
Society for AEF, vol. 3(1), pages 103-116, May.
- Badi H. Baltagi & Dong Li, . "Series Estimation of Partially Linear Panel Data Models with Fixed Effects," Working Papers 0109, East Carolina University, Department of Economics.
- Patrick Royston & Willi Sauerbrei, 2007. "Multivariable modeling with cubic regression splines: A principled approach," Stata Journal, StataCorp LP, vol. 7(1), pages 45-70, February.
- Roger Newson, 2001. "B-splines and splines parameterized by their values at reference points on the x-axis," Stata Technical Bulletin, StataCorp LP, vol. 10(57).
- Gani Aldashev & Catherine Guirkinger, 2011. "Deadly Anchor: Gender Bias under Russian Colonization of Kazakhstan, 1898-1908," Working Papers 1111, University of Namur, Department of Economics.
- Roger Newson, 2000. "BSPLINE: Stata modules to compute B-splines parameterized by their values at reference points," Statistical Software Components S411701, Boston College Department of Economics, revised 08 Jan 2014.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:tsj:stataj:y:13:y:2013:i:2:p:329-336. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Christopher F. Baum)or (Lisa Gilmore)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.