Multivariable modeling with cubic regression splines: A principled approach
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Willi Sauerbrei, 1999. "The Use of Resampling Methods to Simplify Regression Models in Medical Statistics," Journal of the Royal Statistical Society Series C, Royal Statistical Society, vol. 48(3), pages 313-329.
- W. Sauerbrei & P. Royston, 1999. "Building multivariable prognostic and diagnostic models: transformation of the predictors by using fractional polynomials," Journal of the Royal Statistical Society Series A, Royal Statistical Society, vol. 162(1), pages 71-94.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Mihailo Radoman & Marcel C. Voia, 2015.
"Youth Training Programs and Their Impact on Career and Spell Duration of Professional Soccer Players,"
CEIS, vol. 29(2), pages 163-193, June.
- Marcel-Cristian Voia & Mihailo Radoman, 2013. "Youth Training Programs and their Impact on Career and Spell Duration of Professional Soccer Players," Carleton Economic Papers 13-01, Carleton University, Department of Economics.
- Bouvatier, Vincent & Delatte, Anne-Laure, 2015.
"Waves of international banking integration: A tale of regional differences,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 80(C), pages 354-373.
- Vincent Bouvatier & Anne-Laure Delatte, 2015. "Waves of international banking integration: A tale of regional differences," Post-Print hal-01386013, HAL.
- Vincent Bouvatier & Anne-Laure Delatte, 2015. "Waves of international banking integration: A tale of regional differences," Sciences Po publications info:hdl:2441/27s0rlpcib9, Sciences Po.
- William Elliott & Monique Constance-Huggins & Hyun-a Song, 2013. "Improving College Progress among Low- to Moderate-Income (LMI) Young Adults: The Role of Assets," Journal of Family and Economic Issues, Springer, vol. 34(4), pages 382-399, December.
- Francois Libois & Vincenzo Verardi, 2013. "Semiparametric fixed-effects estimator," Stata Journal, StataCorp LP, vol. 13(2), pages 329-336, June.
- Zhongwei Zhao & Yuan Zhu & Anna Reimondos, 2013. "Could changes in reported sex ratios at birth during China's 1958-1961 famine support the adaptive sex ratio adjustment hypothesis?," Demographic Research, Max Planck Institute for Demographic Research, Rostock, Germany, vol. 29(33), pages 885-906, October.
- Kuntz, Ludwig & Mennicken, Roman & Scholtes, Stefan, 2011. "Stress on the Ward – An Empirical Study of the Nonlinear Relationship between Organizational Workload and Service Quality," Ruhr Economic Papers 277, RWI - Leibniz-Institut für Wirtschaftsforschung, Ruhr-University Bochum, TU Dortmund University, University of Duisburg-Essen.
- Vera Rocha & Mirjam van Praag & Anabela Carneiro, 2015. "Deviating from the benchmarks: Human capital inputs and the survival of new startups," CEF.UP Working Papers 1502, Universidade do Porto, Faculdade de Economia do Porto.
- Friedline, Terri & Elliott, William & Chowa, Gina A.N., 2013. "Testing an asset-building approach for young people: Early access to savings predicts later savings," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 33(C), pages 31-51.
- H. Joseph Newton & Nicholas J. Cox, 2016. "The Stata Journal Editors' Prize 2016: Patrick Royston," Stata Journal, StataCorp LP, vol. 16(4), pages 815-825, December.
- Gehrke, Esther & Grimm, Michael, 2014. "Do Cows Have Negative Returns? The Evidence Revisited," IZA Discussion Papers 8525, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Bouvatier, Vincent & Delatte, Anne-Laure, 2014. "International Banking: the Isolation of the Euro Area," CEPR Discussion Papers 10264, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- repec:zbw:rwirep:0277 is not listed on IDEAS
- Nicola Orsini & Sander Greenland, 2011. "A procedure to tabulate and plot results after flexible modeling of a quantitative covariate," Stata Journal, StataCorp LP, vol. 11(1), pages 1-29, March.
- Roger B. Newson, 2012. "Sensible parameters for univariate and multivariate splines," Stata Journal, StataCorp LP, vol. 12(3), pages 479-504, September.
- Ludwig Kuntz & Roman Mennicken & Stefan Scholtes, 2011. "Stress on the Ward – An Empirical Study of the Nonlinear Relationship between Organizational Workload and Service Quality," Ruhr Economic Papers 0277, Rheinisch-Westfälisches Institut für Wirtschaftsforschung, Ruhr-Universität Bochum, Universität Dortmund, Universität Duisburg-Essen.
- Benoît Laplante, 2014. "Normative Groups: The Rise of the Formation of the First Union Through Cohabitation in Quebec, a Comparative Approach," Population Research and Policy Review, Springer;Southern Demographic Association (SDA), vol. 33(2), pages 257-285, April.
- Carsten Schmidt & Till Ittermann & Andrea Schulz & Hans Grabe & Sebastian Baumeister, 2013. "Linear, nonlinear or categorical: how to treat complex associations? Splines and nonparametric approaches," International Journal of Public Health, Springer;Swiss School of Public Health (SSPH+), vol. 58(1), pages 161-165, February.
- Friedline, Terri & Elliott, William, 2013. "Connections with banking institutions and diverse asset portfolios in young adulthood: Children as potential future investors," Children and Youth Services Review, Elsevier, vol. 35(6), pages 994-1006.
More about this item
Keywordsmvrs; uvrs; splinegen; multivariable analysis; continuous predictor; regression spline; model building; goodness of fit; choice of scale;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:tsj:stataj:v:7:y:2007:i:1:p:45-70. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Christopher F. Baum) or (Lisa Gilmore). General contact details of provider: http://www.stata-journal.com/ .