An Empirical Study Of Financial Performance Evaluation Of A Malaysian Manufacturing Company
Accounting principles are useful tools in executing and improving a successful practice management plan. In todayâ€™s competitive environment, evaluating the financial performance is crucial for companies in manufacturing sector. The analysis of financial performance reflects the financial position of the company, the level of the competitiveness in the same sector, and a thorough knowledge about the cost and profit centres within the firm. Managers, investors, and creditors can then apply this accounting information provided by financial analysis in their strategic planning and investment decisions. This study investigates the financial performance of an investment company in Malaysia for a three-year period from 2009 to 2011, which is assessed using financial ratios. The findings pointed out that overall company performance reduced remarkably in the last year of the analysis. This study principally emphasizes on how accounting information aids budgetary decision-makers to evaluate the company financial performance, determine its future obligations, and make better investment decisions.
Volume (Year): 1 (2012)
Issue (Month): 1 (November)
|Contact details of provider:|| |
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- EMROUZNEJAD, Ali & ROSTAMY-MALKHALIFEH, Mohsen & HATAMI-MARBINI, Adel & TAVANA, Madjid, "undated". "General and multiplicative non-parametric corporate performance models with interval ratio data," CORE Discussion Papers RP 2446, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Martikainen, Teppo & Perttunen, Jukka & Yli-Olli, Paavo & Gunasekaran, A., 1995. "Financial ratio distribution irregularities: Implications for ratio classification," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 80(1), pages 34-44, January.
- repec:cor:louvrp:-2446 is not listed on IDEAS
- Pinches, George E & Mingo, Kent A & Caruthers, J Kent, 1973. "The Stability of Financial Patterns in Industrial Organizations," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 28(2), pages 389-396, May.
- Gallizo, José Luis & Jiménez, Fernando & Salvador, Manuel, 2002. "Adjusting financial ratios: a Bayesian analysis of the Spanish manufacturing sector," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 30(3), pages 185-195, June.
- Martikainen, Teppo & Ankelo, Timo, 1991. "On the instability of financial patterns of failed firms and the predictability of corporate failure," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 35(2), pages 209-214, February.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:tig:journl:v:1:y:2012:i:1:p:95-102. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Maria Oroian)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.