Applying voucher markets in rural local municipalities: fiscal capacity and competition in the Korean elderly program
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- King, Elizabeth M & Orazem, Peter F & Wohlgemuth, Darin, 1999.
"Central Mandates and Local Incentives: The Colombia Education Voucher Program,"
World Bank Economic Review, World Bank Group, vol. 13(3), pages 467-491, September.
- King, Elizabeth M. & Orazem, Peter & Wohlgemuth, Darin, 1999. "Central Mandates and Local Incentives: The Colombia Education Voucher Program," Staff General Research Papers Archive 1708, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- King, Elizabeth M. & Orazem, Peter F. & Wohlgemuth, Darin R., 1999. "Central Mandates and Local Incentives: The Colombia Education Voucher Program," ISU General Staff Papers 199901010800001337, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Smaje, Chris & Le Grand, Julian, 1997. "Ethnicity, equity and the use of health services in the British NHS," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 45(3), pages 485-496, August.
- JosÃ© Luis Zafra-GÃ³mez & Manuel Antonio & PÃ©rez MuÃ±iz, 2010. "Overcoming Cost-Inefficiencies within Small Municipalities: Improve Financial Condition or Reduce the Quality of Public Services?," Environment and Planning C, , vol. 28(4), pages 609-629, August.
- Balaguer-Coll, Maria Teresa & Prior, Diego & Tortosa-Ausina, Emili, 2007.
"On the determinants of local government performance: A two-stage nonparametric approach,"
European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 51(2), pages 425-451, February.
- Emili Tortosa Ausina & Diego Prior & María Teresa Balaguer-Coll, 2004. "On The Determinants Of Local Government Performance: A Two-Stage Nonparametric Approach," Working Papers. Serie EC 2004-04, Instituto Valenciano de Investigaciones Económicas, S.A. (Ivie).
- Lars-Erik Borge & Torberg Falch & Per Tovmo, 2008.
"Public sector efficiency: the roles of political and budgetary institutions, fiscal capacity, and democratic participation,"
Public Choice, Springer, vol. 136(3), pages 475-495, September.
- Lars-Erik Borge & Torberg Falch & Per Tovmo, 2007. "Public Sector Efficiency: The Roles of Political and Budgetary Institutions, Fiscal Capacity and Democratic Participation," Working Paper Series 8407, Department of Economics, Norwegian University of Science and Technology.
- Daniel Pop & Roxana Radu, 2013. "Challenges to Local Authorities under EU Structural Funds: Evidence from Mixed Quasi-markets for Public Service Provision in Romania," Journal of Common Market Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 51(6), pages 1108-1123, November.
- Le Grand, Julian, 1991. "Quasi-markets and Social Policy," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 101(408), pages 1256-1267, September.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Benito, Bernardino & Guillamón, María-Dolores & Martínez-Córdoba, Pedro-José, 2020. "Determinants of efficiency improvement in the Spanish public lighting sector," Utilities Policy, Elsevier, vol. 64(C).
- Norman V. Loayza & Jamele Rigolini & Oscar Calvo-González, 2014.
"More Than You Can Handle: Decentralization and Spending Ability of Peruvian Municipalities,"
Economics and Politics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 26(1), pages 56-78, March.
- Loayza, Norman V. & Rigolini, Jamele & Calvo-Gonzalez, Oscar, 2011. "More than you can handle : decentralization and spending ability of Peruvian municipalities," Policy Research Working Paper Series 5763, The World Bank.
- Norman V. Loayza & Jamele Rigolini & Oscar Calvo-Gonzlez, 2014. "More than You Can Handle Decentralization and Spending Ability of Peruvian Municipalities," Working Papers 2014-4, Peruvian Economic Association.
- Geys, Benny & Heinemann, Friedrich & Kalb, Alexander, 2007. "Local Governments in the Wake of Demographic Change: Efficiency and Economies of Scale in German Municipalities," ZEW Discussion Papers 07-036, ZEW - Leibniz Centre for European Economic Research.
- Isabel Narbón-Perpiñá & Kristof De Witte, 2016.
"Local governments’ efficiency: A systematic literature review – Part I,"
2016/20, Economics Department, Universitat Jaume I, Castellón (Spain).
- Isabel Narbón-Perpiñá & Kristof De Witte, 2016. "Local governments’ efficiency: A systematic literature review – Part II," Working Papers 2016/21, Economics Department, Universitat Jaume I, Castellón (Spain).
- Raffaela Giordano & Sergi Lanau & Pietro Tommasino & Petia Topalova, 2020.
"Does public sector inefficiency constrain firm productivity? Evidence from Italian provinces,"
International Tax and Public Finance, Springer;International Institute of Public Finance, vol. 27(4), pages 1019-1049, August.
- Raffaela Giordano & Sergi Lanau & Pietro Tommasino & Petia Topalova, 2015. "Does Public Sector Inefficiency Constrain Firm Productivity; Evidence from Italian Provinces," IMF Working Papers 2015/168, International Monetary Fund.
- Geys, Benny & Moesen, Wim, 2008. "Measuring local government technical (in)efficiency: An application and comparison of FDH, DEA and econometric approaches," Discussion Papers, Research Unit: Market Processes and Governance SP II 2008-21, WZB Berlin Social Science Center.
- Gauri, Varun & Vawda, Ayesha, 2003. "Vouchers for basic education in developing countries : a principal-agent perspective," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3005, The World Bank.
- Geys, Benny & Heinemann, Friedrich & Kalb, Alexander, 2010.
"Voter involvement, fiscal autonomy and public sector efficiency: Evidence from German municipalities,"
European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 26(2), pages 265-278, June.
- Geys, Benny & Heinemann, Friedrich & Kalb, Alexander, 2008. "Voter Involvement, Fiscal Autonomy and Public Sector Efficiency: Evidence from German Municipalities," ZEW Discussion Papers 08-024, ZEW - Leibniz Centre for European Economic Research.
- Geys, Benny & Heinemann, Friedrich & Kalb, Alexander, 2009. "Voter involvement, fiscal autonomy and public sector efficiency: evidence from German municipalities [Wähler-Beteiligung, Finanzhoheit und Effizienz des öffentlichen Sektors: Aussagen von deutschen," Discussion Papers, Research Unit: Market Processes and Governance SP II 2009-02, WZB Berlin Social Science Center.
- Simona Bigerna & Paolo Polinori, 2013. "Quality of Life in Major Italian Cities: Do Local Governments Cost Efficiency Contribute to Improve Urban Life Style? An Introductory Analysis," ECONOMICS AND POLICY OF ENERGY AND THE ENVIRONMENT, FrancoAngeli Editore, vol. 2013(3), pages 121-144.
- Martin Ardanaz & Stanislao Maldonado, 2016. "Natural Resource Windfalls and Efficiency of Local Government Expenditures: Evidence from Peru," Documentos de Trabajo 014578, Universidad del Rosario.
- Pedro-José Martínez-Córdoba & Nicola Raimo & Filippo Vitolla & Bernardino Benito, 2020. "Achieving Sustainable Development Goals. Efficiency in the Spanish Clean Water and Sanitation Sector," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 12(7), pages 1-13, April.
- Lenka Šťastn᠍ & Martin Gregor, 2015. "Public sector efficiency in transition and beyond: evidence from Czech local governments," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 47(7), pages 680-699, February.
- da Cruz, Nuno Ferreira & Marques, Rui Cunha, 2014. "Revisiting the determinants of local government performance," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 44(C), pages 91-103.
- D'Inverno, Giovanna & Carosi, Laura & Ravagli, Letizia, 2018. "Global public spending efficiency in Tuscan municipalities," Socio-Economic Planning Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 61(C), pages 102-113.
- Núria Bosch Roca & Marta Espasa Queralt & Antoni Mora Corral, 2010. "Citizens' control and the efficiency of local public services," Working Papers 2010/23, Institut d'Economia de Barcelona (IEB).
- Cuadrado-Ballesteros, Beatriz & García-Sánchez, Isabel-María & Prado-Lorenzo, José-Manuel, 2013. "Effect of modes of public services delivery on the efficiency of local governments: A two-stage approach," Utilities Policy, Elsevier, vol. 26(C), pages 23-35.
- Lars-Erik Borge & Kjetil Hatlebakk Hove & Tobias Lillekvelland & Per Tovmo, 2018. "Cost disease in defense and public administration: Baumol and politics," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 175(1), pages 1-18, April.
- Kristiaan Kerstens & Ignace Van de Woestyne, 2018.
"Enumeration algorithms for FDH directional distance functions under different returns to scale assumptions,"
Annals of Operations Research, Springer, vol. 271(2), pages 1067-1078, December.
- Kristiaan Kerstens & Ignace van de Woestyne, 2018. "Enumeration algorithms for FDH directional distance functions under different returns to scale assumptions," Post-Print hal-01733347, HAL.
- Bourdon, Jean & Frölich, Markus & Michaelowa, Katharina, 2007.
"Teacher Shortages, Teacher Contracts and their Impact on Education in Africa,"
IZA Discussion Papers
2844, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Bourdon, Jean & Michaelowa, Katharina & Frölich, Markus, 2007. "Teacher shortages, teacher contracts and their impact on education in Africa," HWWI Research Papers 2-10, Hamburg Institute of International Economics (HWWI).
- Jean Bourdon & Markus Frölich & Katharina Michaelowa, 2007. "Teacher Shortages, Teacher Contracts and their Impacton Education in Africa," Post-Print halshs-00150147, HAL.
- Markus Froelich & Jean Bourdon & Katharina Michaelowa, 2007. "Teacher Shortages, Teacher Contracts and their Impact on Education in Africa," University of St. Gallen Department of Economics working paper series 2007 2007-20, Department of Economics, University of St. Gallen.
- Christl, Michael & Köppl-Turyna, Monika & Kucsera, Dénes, 2018. "Public sector efficiency in Europe: Long-run trends, recent developments and determinants," Working Papers 14, Agenda Austria.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:taf:rrpaxx:v:22:y:2017:i:1:p:32-44. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Chris Longhurst). General contact details of provider: http://www.tandfonline.com/RRPA20 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.