Research on the causal relationship between urban density, travel behaviours, and transportation energy consumption by economic level
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Parshall, Lily & Gurney, Kevin & Hammer, Stephen A. & Mendoza, Daniel & Zhou, Yuyu & Geethakumar, Sarath, 2010. "Modeling energy consumption and CO2 emissions at the urban scale: Methodological challenges and insights from the United States," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(9), pages 4765-4782, September.
- Genevieve Giuliano & Dhiraj Narayan, 2003. "Another Look at Travel Patterns and Urban Form: The US and Great Britain," Urban Studies, Urban Studies Journal Limited, vol. 40(11), pages 2295-2312, October.
- Schafer, Andreas & Victor, David G., 1999. "Global passenger travel: implications for carbon dioxide emissions," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 24(8), pages 657-679.
- Eom, Jiyong & Schipper, Lee, 2010. "Trends in passenger transport energy use in South Korea," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(7), pages 3598-3607, July.
- Salvatore, Dominick, 2004. "Growth and poverty in a globalizing world," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 26(4), pages 543-551, June.
- van de Coevering, Paul & Schwanen, Tim, 2006. "Re-evaluating the impact of urban form on travel patternsin Europe and North-America," Transport Policy, Elsevier, vol. 13(3), pages 229-239, May.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Joonho Ko & Tae-Hyoung Tommy Gim & Randall Guensler, 2017. "Locating refuelling stations for alternative fuel vehicles: a review on models and applications," Transport Reviews, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 37(5), pages 551-570, September.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Qodri Febrilian Erahman & Nadhilah Reyseliani & Widodo Wahyu Purwanto & Mahmud Sudibandriyo, 2019. "Modeling Future Energy Demand and CO 2 Emissions of Passenger Cars in Indonesia at the Provincial Level," Energies, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 12(16), pages 1-25, August.
- Mishra, Gouri S. & Kyle, Page & Teter, Jacob & Morrison, Geoffrey M. & Kim, Son H. & Yeh, Sonia, 2013. "Transportation Module of Global Change Assessment Model (GCAM): Model Documentation- Version 1.0," Institute of Transportation Studies, Working Paper Series qt8nk2c96d, Institute of Transportation Studies, UC Davis.
- Estiri, Hossein, 2014. "Building and household X-factors and energy consumption at the residential sector," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 43(C), pages 178-184.
- Poumanyvong, Phetkeo & Kaneko, Shinji & Dhakal, Shobhakar, 2012.
"Impacts of urbanization on national transport and road energy use: Evidence from low, middle and high income countries,"
Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 46(C), pages 268-277.
- Phetkeo Poumanyvong & Shinji Kaneko & Shobhakar Dhakal, 2012. "Impacts of urbanization on national transport and road energy use: Evidence from low, middle and high income countries," IDEC DP2 Series 2-2, Hiroshima University, Graduate School for International Development and Cooperation (IDEC).
- Souche, Stéphanie, 2009.
"Un exemple d’estimation de la demande de transport urbain,"
Revue d'économie régionale et urbaine, Editions NecPlus, vol. 2009(04), pages 759-779, December.
- Stéphanie Souche, 2009. "Un exemple d'estimation de la demande de transport urbain," Revue d'économie régionale et urbaine, Armand Colin, vol. 0(4), pages 759-779.
- Stéphanie Souche, 2009. "Un exemple d'estimation de la demande de transport urbain," Post-Print halshs-00579638, HAL.
- Roy, P. & Martínez, A.J. & Miscione, G. & Zuidgeest, M.H.P. & van Maarseveen, M.F.A.M., 2012. "Using Social Network Analysis to profile people based on their e-communication and travel balance," Journal of Transport Geography, Elsevier, vol. 24(C), pages 111-122.
- Lalountas, Dionisios A. & Manolas, George A. & Vavouras, Ioannis S., 2011. "Corruption, globalization and development: How are these three phenomena related?," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 33(4), pages 636-648, July.
- Chen, Shaoqing & Chen, Bin, 2017. "Coupling of carbon and energy flows in cities: A meta-analysis and nexus modelling," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 194(C), pages 774-783.
- Stefan Arens & Sunke Schlüters & Benedikt Hanke & Karsten von Maydell & Carsten Agert, 2020. "Sustainable Residential Energy Supply: A Literature Review-Based Morphological Analysis," Energies, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 13(2), pages 1-28, January.
- Li, Jia Shuo & Zhou, H.W. & Meng, Jing & Yang, Q. & Chen, B. & Zhang, Y.Y., 2018. "Carbon emissions and their drivers for a typical urban economy from multiple perspectives: A case analysis for Beijing city," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 226(C), pages 1076-1086.
- Yu Song & Guofan Shao & Xiaodong Song & Yong Liu & Lei Pan & Hong Ye, 2017. "The Relationships between Urban Form and Urban Commuting: An Empirical Study in China," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 9(7), pages 1-17, July.
- Kai Yin & Dengsheng Lu & Yichen Tian & Qianjun Zhao & Chao Yuan, 2014. "Evaluation of Carbon and Oxygen Balances in Urban Ecosystems Using Land Use/Land Cover and Statistical Data," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 7(1), pages 1-27, December.
- Lee, Sungwon & Lee, Bumsoo, 2014. "The influence of urban form on GHG emissions in the U.S. household sector," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 68(C), pages 534-549.
- Poudenx, Pascal, 2008. "The effect of transportation policies on energy consumption and greenhouse gas emission from urban passenger transportation," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 42(6), pages 901-909, July.
- Orlando Reyes. & Roberto Escalante. & Anna Matas., 2010. "La demanda de gasolinas en México: Efectos y alternativas ante el cambio climático," Economía: teoría y práctica, Universidad Autónoma Metropolitana, México, vol. 32(1), pages 83-111, Enero-Jun.
- Hanxiong Zhu & Kexi Pan & Yong Liu & Zheng Chang & Ping Jiang & Yongfu Li, 2019. "Analyzing Temporal and Spatial Characteristics and Determinant Factors of Energy-Related CO 2 Emissions of Shanghai in China Using High-Resolution Gridded Data," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 11(17), pages 1-21, August.
- Peeters, Paul & Dubois, Ghislain, 2010. "Tourism travel under climate change mitigation constraints," Journal of Transport Geography, Elsevier, vol. 18(3), pages 447-457.
- Kotval-K, Zeenat & Vojnovic, Igor, 2016. "A socio-ecological exploration into urban form: The environmental costs of travel," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 128(C), pages 87-98.
- Xie, Yanhua & Weng, Qihao, 2016. "Detecting urban-scale dynamics of electricity consumption at Chinese cities using time-series DMSP-OLS (Defense Meteorological Satellite Program-Operational Linescan System) nighttime light imageries," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 100(C), pages 177-189.
- Hermannsson, Kristinn & McIntyre, Stuart G., 2014.
"Local consumption and territorial based accounting for CO2 emissions,"
Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 104(C), pages 1-11.
- Kristinn Hermannsson & Stuart G McIntyre, 2013. "Local consumption and territorial based accounting for CO2 emissions," Working Papers 1315, University of Strathclyde Business School, Department of Economics.
- Kristinn, Hermannsson & Stuart G., McIntyre, 2013. "Local consumption and territorial based accounting for CO2 Emissions," SIRE Discussion Papers 2013-63, Scottish Institute for Research in Economics (SIRE).
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:taf:rjusxx:v:17:y:2013:i:3:p:362-384. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: http://www.tandfonline.com/rjus20 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Chris Longhurst (email available below). General contact details of provider: http://www.tandfonline.com/rjus20 .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.