A note on the long-run behaviour of Kaleckian models
This paper discusses the mechanisms that drive Kaleckian models towards their long-run equilibria. After an exposition of a recent version of the Kaleckian model and of its medium-run solution, we show that the utilization and profit rates may converge endogenously toward their normal values. The model's stability conditions and the possibility of hysteresis effects are then discussed. It turns out that the main Kaleckian results can be extended to the long run.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Volume (Year): 18 (2006)
Issue (Month): 4 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.tandfonline.com/CRPE20|
|Order Information:||Web: http://www.tandfonline.com/pricing/journal/CRPE20|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Ernesto Screpanti, 2000. "Wages, Employment, and Militancy: A Simple Model and Some Empirical Tests," Review of Radical Political Economics, Union for Radical Political Economics, vol. 32(2), pages 171-196, June.
- Lavoie, Marc, 1995.
"The Kaleckian Model of Growth and Distribution and Its Neo-Ricardian and Neo-Marxian Critiques,"
Cambridge Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 19(6), pages 789-818, December.
- Lavoie, M., 1992. "The Kaleckian Model of Growth and Distribution and its Neo-Ricardian and Neo-Marxian Critiques," Working Papers 9201e, University of Ottawa, Department of Economics.
- Dutt, Amitava Krishna, 1992. "Conflict inflation, distribution, cyclical accumulation and crises," European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 8(4), pages 579-597, December.
- Thomas Palley, 1998. "Macroeconomics with Conflict and Income Distribution," Review of Political Economy, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 10(3), pages 329-342.
- Cornwall,John & Cornwall,Wendy, 2001. "Capitalist Development in the Twentieth Century," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521341493, January.
- Jose Antonio Cordero, 2002. "A Model of Growth and Conflict Inflation for a Small Open Economy," Metroeconomica, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 53(3), pages 261-289, 08. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)