Steindlian Models Of Growth And Stagnation
Following an analysis of the relation between a standard Steindlian model of stagnation and Steindl's own analysis, we modify the standard model by introducing endogenous changes in the mark-up and a reformulation of the investment function. These extensions, which address significant weaknesses of the standard model, find support in Steindl's writing and leave intact some of Steindl's key results. In a further extension, we add a labour market and analyse the stabilizing influence of a Marxian reserve-army mechanism. The implications of the extended model for the effects of increased oligopolization are largely in line with Steindl's predictions. Copyright � 2006 The Authors; Journal compilation � 2006 Blackwell Publishing Ltd.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Volume (Year): 57 (2006)
Issue (Month): 3 (07)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.blackwellpublishing.com/journal.asp?ref=0026-1386|
|Order Information:||Web: http://www.blackwellpublishing.com/subs.asp?ref=0026-1386|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Peter Flaschel & Hans-Martin Krolzig, 2003.
"Wage and Price Phillips Curves An empirical analysis of destabilizing wage-price spirals,"
2003-W16, Economics Group, Nuffield College, University of Oxford.
- Hans-Martin Krolzig & Peter Flaschel, 2003. "Wage and Price Phillips Curves An empirical analysis of destabilizing wage-price spirals," Economics Series Working Papers 2003-W16, University of Oxford, Department of Economics.
- Taylor, Lance, 1985. "A Stagnationist Model of Economic Growth," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 9(4), pages 383-403, December.
- Dutt, Amitava Krishna, 1992. "Conflict inflation, distribution, cyclical accumulation and crises," European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 8(4), pages 579-597, December.
- Blecker, Robert A, 1989. "International Competition, Income Distribution and Economic Growth," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 13(3), pages 395-412, September.
- Skott, Peter, 1989. "Effective Demand, Class Struggle and Cyclical Growth," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 30(1), pages 231-47, February.
- Steindl, Josef, 1979. "Stagnation Theory and Stagnation Policy," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 3(1), pages 1-14, March.
- repec:cup:cbooks:9780521365963 is not listed on IDEAS
- Pitelis, Christos, 1997. "On Kaldor and Pensions," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 21(4), pages 469-82, July.
- Lavoie, Marc, 1995.
"The Kaleckian Model of Growth and Distribution and Its Neo-Ricardian and Neo-Marxian Critiques,"
Cambridge Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 19(6), pages 789-818, December.
- Lavoie, M., 1992. "The Kaleckian Model of Growth and Distribution and its Neo-Ricardian and Neo-Marxian Critiques," Working Papers 9201e, University of Ottawa, Department of Economics.
- Dumenil, Gérard & Lévy, Dominique, 1996. "Acceleration and slowdown of technical progress in the us since the civil war (the)," CEPREMAP Working Papers (Couverture Orange) 9601, CEPREMAP.
- Daniel Levy & Mark Bergen & Shantanu Dutta & Robert Venable, 2005.
"The Magnitude of Menu Costs: Direct Evidence from Large U.S. Supermarket Chains,"
- Levy, Daniel, et al, 1997. "The Magnitude of Menu Costs: Direct Evidence from Large U.S. Supermarket Chains," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, MIT Press, vol. 112(3), pages 791-825, August.
- Dutt, Amitava Krishna, 1984. "Stagnation, Income Distribution and Monopoly Power," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 8(1), pages 25-40, March.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bla:metroe:v:57:y:2006:i:3:p:303-338. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing)or (Christopher F. Baum)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.