Hysteresis and the Modeling of Economic Phenomena
Three definitions of hysteresis in dynamic economic models are considered in order of their increasing ability to project history onto the present in a significant way. The third of these definitions is based on the substitution of 'historical' for 'logical' time in the model's dynamic structure.
Volume (Year): 11 (1999)
Issue (Month): 2 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.tandfonline.com/CRPE20|
|Order Information:||Web: http://www.tandfonline.com/pricing/journal/CRPE20|
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Vickers,Douglas, 1987. "Money Capital in the Theory of the Firm," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521328418, December.
- Cross, Rod, 1993. "On the Foundations of Hysteresis in Economic Systems," Economics and Philosophy, Cambridge University Press, vol. 9(01), pages 53-74, April.
- Paul Davidson, 1993. "The Elephant and the Butterfly: Or Hysteresis and Post Keynesian Economics," Journal of Post Keynesian Economics, M.E. Sharpe, Inc., vol. 15(3), pages 309-322, April.
- Cross, Rod B, 1987. " Hysteresis and Instability in the Natural Rate of Unemployment," Scandinavian Journal of Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 89(1), pages 71-89.
- Rod Cross & Michael Grinfeld & Laura Piscitelli, 1999. "Hysteresis in Economic Systems," Computing in Economics and Finance 1999 723, Society for Computational Economics.
- Donald W. Katzner, 1993. "Some Notes on the Role of History and the Definition of Hysteresis and Related Concepts in Economic Analysis," Journal of Post Keynesian Economics, M.E. Sharpe, Inc., vol. 15(3), pages 323-345, April.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:taf:revpoe:v:11:y:1999:i:2:p:171-181. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Michael McNulty)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.