Estimation and Inference of Discontinuity in Density
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- Otsu, Taisuke & Xu, Ke-Li & Matsushita, Yukitoshi, 2013. "Estimation and inference of discontinuity in density," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 85878, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
References listed on IDEAS
- Ke-Li Xu & Peter C. B. Phillips, 2011.
"Tilted Nonparametric Estimation of Volatility Functions With Empirical Applications,"
Journal of Business & Economic Statistics,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 29(4), pages 518-528, October.
- Xu, Ke-Li & Phillips, Peter C. B., 2011. "Tilted Nonparametric Estimation of Volatility Functions With Empirical Applications," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 29(4), pages 518-528.
- Whitney K. Newey & Richard J. Smith, 2004.
"Higher Order Properties of Gmm and Generalized Empirical Likelihood Estimators,"
Econometric Society, vol. 72(1), pages 219-255, January.
- Whitney K. Newey & Richard Smith, 2003. "Higher order properties of GMM and generalised empirical likelihood estimators," CeMMAP working papers CWP04/03, Centre for Microdata Methods and Practice, Institute for Fiscal Studies.
- Imbens, Guido W. & Lemieux, Thomas, 2008.
"Regression discontinuity designs: A guide to practice,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 142(2), pages 615-635, February.
- Guido Imbens & Thomas Lemieux, 2007. "Regression Discontinuity Designs: A Guide to Practice," NBER Technical Working Papers 0337, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Guido Imbens & Thomas Lemieux, 2007. "Regression Discontinuity Designs: A Guide to Practice," NBER Working Papers 13039, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Davidson, Russell & MacKinnon, James G, 1998.
"Graphical Methods for Investigating the Size and Power of Hypothesis Tests,"
The Manchester School of Economic & Social Studies,
University of Manchester, vol. 66(1), pages 1-26, January.
- Russell Davidson & James G. MacKinnon, 1994. "Graphical Methods for Investigating the Size and Power of Hypothesis Tests," Working Papers 903, Queen's University, Department of Economics.
- McCrary, Justin, 2008. "Manipulation of the running variable in the regression discontinuity design: A density test," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 142(2), pages 698-714, February.
- Emmanuel Saez, 2010. "Do Taxpayers Bunch at Kink Points?," American Economic Journal: Economic Policy, American Economic Association, vol. 2(3), pages 180-212, August.
- Smith, Richard J, 1997. "Alternative Semi-parametric Likelihood Approaches to Generalised Method of Moments Estimation," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 107(441), pages 503-519, March.
- Song Xi Chen & Hengjian Cui, 2006. "On Bartlett correction of empirical likelihood in the presence of nuisance parameters," Biometrika, Biometrika Trust, vol. 93(1), pages 215-220, March.
- Lee, David S., 2008. "Randomized experiments from non-random selection in U.S. House elections," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 142(2), pages 675-697, February.
- Gregory, Allan W & Veall, Michael R, 1985. "Formulating Wald Tests of Nonlinear Restrictions," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 53(6), pages 1465-1468, November.
- Joshua D. Angrist & Victor Lavy, 1999. "Using Maimonides' Rule to Estimate the Effect of Class Size on Scholastic Achievement," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 114(2), pages 533-575.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:eee:econom:v:201:y:2017:i:1:p:1-18 is not listed on IDEAS
- Ulrich Matter & Michaela Slotwinski, 2016. "Precise Control over Legislative Vote Outcomes: A Forensic Approach to Political Economics," CESifo Working Paper Series 6007, CESifo Group Munich.
- repec:spr:stpapr:v:58:y:2017:i:4:d:10.1007_s00362-016-0745-z is not listed on IDEAS
- Jales, Hugo & Ma, Jun & Yu, Zhengfei, 2017. "Optimal bandwidth selection for local linear estimation of discontinuity in density," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 153(C), pages 23-27.
- Slotwinski, Michaela & Schmidheiny, Kurt, 2014.
"Behavioral Responses to Local Tax Rates: Quasi-Experimental Evidence from a Foreigners Tax Scheme in Switzerland,"
Annual Conference 2014 (Hamburg): Evidence-based Economic Policy
100292, Verein für Socialpolitik / German Economic Association.
- Schmidheiny, Kurt & Slotwinski, Michaela, 2015. "Behavioral Responses to Local Tax Rates: Quasi-Experimental Evidence from a Foreigners' Tax Scheme in Switzerland," CEPR Discussion Papers 10833, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Kurt Schmidheiny & Michaela Slotwinski, 2015. "Behavioral Responses to Local Tax Rates: Quasi-Experimental Evidence from a Foreigners' Tax Scheme in Switzerland," CESifo Working Paper Series 5518, CESifo Group Munich.
- repec:aea:jecper:v:31:y:2017:i:2:p:3-32 is not listed on IDEAS
- Andrew C. Eggers & Ronny Freier & Veronica Grembi & Tommaso Nannicini, 2015.
"Regression Discontinuity Designs Based on Population Thresholds: Pitfalls and Solutions,"
Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin
1503, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Eggers, Andrew C. & Freier, Ronny & Grembi, Veronica & Nannicini, Tommaso, 2015. "Regression Discontinuity Designs Based on Population Thresholds: Pitfalls and Solutions," IZA Discussion Papers 9553, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Joshua D. Angrist & Victor Lavy & Jetson Leder-Luis & Adi Shany, 2017. "Maimonides Rule Redux," NBER Working Papers 23486, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Federico A. Bugni & Ivan A. Canay, 2018. "Testing Continuity of a Density via g-order statistics in the Regression Discontinuity Design," Papers 1803.07951, arXiv.org.
More about this item
- J1 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demographic Economics
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:taf:jnlbes:v:31:y:2013:i:4:p:507-524. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Chris Longhurst). General contact details of provider: http://www.tandfonline.com/UBES20 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.