Exit and Upgrading in Response to Entry: The Case of Gasoline Retailing
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Andrew Eckert & Douglas West, 2004. "Rationalization of Retail Gasoline Station Networks in Canada," Review of Industrial Organization, Springer;The Industrial Organization Society, vol. 26(1), pages 1-25, October.
- Fudenberg, Drew & Tirole, Jean, 1984. "The Fat-Cat Effect, the Puppy-Dog Ploy, and the Lean and Hungry Look," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 74(2), pages 361-366, May.
- Janet S. Netz & Beck A. Taylor, 2002. "Maximum Or Minimum Differentiation? Location Patterns Of Retail Outlets," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 84(1), pages 162-175, February.
- H. Kelejian, Harry & Prucha, Ingmar R., 2001.
"On the asymptotic distribution of the Moran I test statistic with applications,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 104(2), pages 219-257, September.
- Harry H. Kelejian & Ingmar R. Prucha, 1999. "On the Asymptotic Distribution of the Moran I Test Statistic with Applications," Electronic Working Papers 99-002, University of Maryland, Department of Economics.
- Von Hohenbalken, Balder & West, Douglas S., 1984. "Predation among supermarkets: An algorithmic locational analysis," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 15(2), pages 244-257, March.
- Lindsey, Robin & West, Douglas S., 2003. "Predatory pricing in differentiated products retail markets," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 21(4), pages 551-592, April.
- White, Halbert, 1980. "A Heteroskedasticity-Consistent Covariance Matrix Estimator and a Direct Test for Heteroskedasticity," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 48(4), pages 817-838, May.
- Slade, Margaret E, 1998. "Strategic Motives for Vertical Separation: Evidence from Retail Gasoline Markets," Journal of Law, Economics, and Organization, Oxford University Press, vol. 14(1), pages 84-113, April.
- Eckert, Andrew & West, Douglas S, 2004. "Retail Gasoline Price Cycles across Spatially Dispersed Gasoline Stations," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 47(1), pages 245-273, April.
- Barron, John M. & Taylor, Beck A. & Umbeck, John R., 2004. "Number of sellers, average prices, and price dispersion," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 22(8-9), pages 1041-1066, November.
- Pagan, Adrian & Vella, Frank, 1989. "Diagnostic Tests for Models Based on Individual Data: A Survey," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 4(S), pages 29-59, Supplemen.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Johannes Sauer & Matthew Gorton & John White, 2012.
"Marketing, cooperatives and price heterogeneity: evidence from the CIS dairy sector,"
International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 43(2), pages 165-177, March.
- Sauer, Johannes & Gorton, Matthew & White, John, 2011. "Marketing, Co-operatives and Price Heterogeneity: Evidence from the CIS Dairy Sector," 85th Annual Conference, April 18-20, 2011, Warwick University, Coventry, UK 108938, Agricultural Economics Society.
- Sauer, Johannes & Gorton, Matthew & White, John, 2011. "Marketing, Cooperatives and Price Heterogeneity: Evidence from the CIS Dairy Sector," 51st Annual Conference, Halle, Germany, September 28-30, 2011 114489, German Association of Agricultural Economists (GEWISOLA).
- Sauer, Johannes & Gorton, Matthew & White, John, 2011. "Marketing, cooperatives and price heterogeneity: evidence from the CIS dairy sector," 2011 Annual Meeting, July 24-26, 2011, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 103722, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Nikolic, Adriana & Weiss, Christoph, 2014.
"Spatial interactions in location decisions: Empirical evidence from a Bayesian spatial probit model,"
Department of Economics Working Paper Series
4245, WU Vienna University of Economics and Business.
- Adriana Nikolic & Christoph Weiss, 2014. "Spatial interactions in location decisions: Empirical evidence from a Bayesian spatial probit model," Department of Economics Working Papers wuwp177, Vienna University of Economics and Business, Department of Economics.
- Andrew Eckert & Heather Eckert, 2014. "Regional Patterns in Gasoline Station Rationalization in Canada," Journal of Industry, Competition and Trade, Springer, vol. 14(1), pages 99-122, March.
More about this item
KeywordsGasoline Retailing; Spatial Competition; Predation; Accommodation;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:taf:ijecbs:v:13:y:2006:i:3:p:351-372. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Chris Longhurst). General contact details of provider: http://www.tandfonline.com/CIJB20 .