A bootstrap method to test for the existence of finite moments
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Danielsson, J. & de Haan, L. & Peng, L. & de Vries, C. G., 2001.
"Using a Bootstrap Method to Choose the Sample Fraction in Tail Index Estimation,"
Journal of Multivariate Analysis,
Elsevier, vol. 76(2), pages 226-248, February.
- J. Danielsson & L. de Haan & L. Peng & C.G. de Vries, 1997. "Using a Bootstrap Method to choose the Sample Fraction in Tail Index Estimation," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 97-016/4, Tinbergen Institute.
- Daníelsson, J. & de Haan, L.F.M. & Peng, L. & de Vries, C.G., 2000. "Using a bootstrap method to choose the sample fraction in tail index estimation," Econometric Institute Research Papers EI 2000-19/A, Erasmus University Rotterdam, Erasmus School of Economics (ESE), Econometric Institute.
- R. Cont, 2001. "Empirical properties of asset returns: stylized facts and statistical issues," Quantitative Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 1(2), pages 223-236.
- M. João Martins & M. Ivette Gopmes & M. Manuela Neves, 2004. "Averages of Hill estimators," TEST: An Official Journal of the Spanish Society of Statistics and Operations Research, Springer;Sociedad de Estadística e Investigación Operativa, vol. 13(1), pages 113-128, June.
- Benoit Mandelbrot, 2015. "The Variation of Certain Speculative Prices," World Scientific Book Chapters, in: Anastasios G Malliaris & William T Ziemba (ed.), THE WORLD SCIENTIFIC HANDBOOK OF FUTURES MARKETS, chapter 3, pages 39-78, World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd..
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Degiannakis, Stavros & Filis, George & Siourounis, Grigorios & Trapani, Lorenzo, 2019. "Superkurtosis," MPRA Paper 94473, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Alexis Akira Toda & Kieran Walsh, 2015.
"The Double Power Law in Consumption and Implications for Testing Euler Equations,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 123(5), pages 1177-1200.
- Toda, AA & Walsh, K, 2015. "The double power law in consumption and implications for testing Euler equations," University of California at San Diego, Economics Working Paper Series qt1jh2795s, Department of Economics, UC San Diego.
- Wai Leong Ng & Chun Yip Yau, 2018. "Test for the existence of finite moments via bootstrap," Journal of Nonparametric Statistics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 30(1), pages 28-48, January.
- Igor Fedotenkov, 2014.
"A note on the bootstrap method for testing the existence of finite moments,"
Department of Statistics, University of Bologna, vol. 74(4), pages 447-453.
- Fedotenkov, Igor, 2015. "A note on the bootstrap method for testing the existence of finite moments," MPRA Paper 66033, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Trapani, Lorenzo, 2016. "Testing for (in)finite moments," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 191(1), pages 57-68.
- Fedotenkov, Igor, 2015. "A simple nonparametric test for the existence of finite moments," MPRA Paper 66089, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Alessandro Bucciol & Laura Cavalli & Igor Fedotenkov & Paolo Pertile & Veronica Polin & Nicola Sartor & Alessandro Sommacal, 2014. "A large scale OLG model for France, Italy and Sweden: assessing the interpersonal and intrapersonal redistributive effects of public policies," Working Papers 07/2014, University of Verona, Department of Economics.
- Rafael Bernardo Carmona-BenÃtez & MarÃa Rosa Nieto, 2017. "Comparison of bootstrap estimation intervals to forecast arithmetic mean and median air passenger demand," Journal of Applied Statistics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 44(7), pages 1211-1224, May.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:taf:gnstxx:v:25:y:2013:i:2:p:315-322. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Chris Longhurst). General contact details of provider: http://www.tandfonline.com/GNST20 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.