Risk Management for Linear and Non-Linear Assets: A Bootstrap Method with Importance Resampling to Evaluate Value-at-Risk
No abstract is available for this item.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Volume (Year): 13 (2006)
Issue (Month): 3 (September)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://springerlink.metapress.com/link.asp?id=102851|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Paul Glasserman & Philip Heidelberger & Perwez Shahabuddin, 2002. "Portfolio Value-at-Risk with Heavy-Tailed Risk Factors," Mathematical Finance, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 12(3), pages 239-269.
- Benoit Mandelbrot, 1963. "The Variation of Certain Speculative Prices," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 36, pages 394.
- Paul Glasserman & Philip Heidelberger & Perwez Shahabuddin, 2000. "Variance Reduction Techniques for Estimating Value-at-Risk," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 46(10), pages 1349-1364, October.
- Cheng-Der Fuh, 2004. "Efficient importance sampling for events of moderate deviations with applications," Biometrika, Biometrika Trust, vol. 91(2), pages 471-490, June.
- Blattberg, Robert C & Gonedes, Nicholas J, 1974. "A Comparison of the Stable and Student Distributions as Statistical Models for Stock Prices," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 47(2), pages 244-80, April.
- R. Cont, 2001. "Empirical properties of asset returns: stylized facts and statistical issues," Quantitative Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 1(2), pages 223-236.
- Paul Glasserman & Philip Heidelberger & Perwez Shahabuddin, 1999. "Asymptotically Optimal Importance Sampling and Stratification for Pricing Path-Dependent Options," Mathematical Finance, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 9(2), pages 117-152.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:apfinm:v:13:y:2006:i:3:p:261-295. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn)or (Christopher F. Baum)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.