Risk Management for Linear and Non-Linear Assets: A Bootstrap Method with Importance Resampling to Evaluate Value-at-Risk
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Cheng-Der Fuh, 2004. "Efficient importance sampling for events of moderate deviations with applications," Biometrika, Biometrika Trust, vol. 91(2), pages 471-490, June.
- Blattberg, Robert C & Gonedes, Nicholas J, 1974. "A Comparison of the Stable and Student Distributions as Statistical Models for Stock Prices," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 47(2), pages 244-280, April.
- Paul Glasserman & Philip Heidelberger & Perwez Shahabuddin, 2002. "Portfolio Value-at-Risk with Heavy-Tailed Risk Factors," Mathematical Finance, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 12(3), pages 239-269.
- Paul Glasserman & Philip Heidelberger & Perwez Shahabuddin, 1999. "Asymptotically Optimal Importance Sampling and Stratification for Pricing Path-Dependent Options," Mathematical Finance, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 9(2), pages 117-152.
- R. Cont, 2001. "Empirical properties of asset returns: stylized facts and statistical issues," Quantitative Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 1(2), pages 223-236.
- Benoit Mandelbrot, 2015. "The Variation of Certain Speculative Prices," World Scientific Book Chapters,in: THE WORLD SCIENTIFIC HANDBOOK OF FUTURES MARKETS, chapter 3, pages 39-78 World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd..
- Paul Glasserman & Philip Heidelberger & Perwez Shahabuddin, 2000. "Variance Reduction Techniques for Estimating Value-at-Risk," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 46(10), pages 1349-1364, October.
More about this item
KeywordsBootstrap; Heavy-tailed; Importance resampling; Monte Carlo simulation; Multivariate normal distribution; Multivariate t distribution; Quadratic approximation; Value-at-Risk; Variance reduction;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:apfinm:v:13:y:2006:i:3:p:261-295. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.