Risk Management for Linear and Non-Linear Assets: A Bootstrap Method with Importance Resampling to Evaluate Value-at-Risk
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Cheng-Der Fuh, 2004. "Efficient importance sampling for events of moderate deviations with applications," Biometrika, Biometrika Trust, vol. 91(2), pages 471-490, June.
- Blattberg, Robert C & Gonedes, Nicholas J, 1974. "A Comparison of the Stable and Student Distributions as Statistical Models for Stock Prices," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 47(2), pages 244-280, April.
- Paul Glasserman & Philip Heidelberger & Perwez Shahabuddin, 2002. "Portfolio Value-at-Risk with Heavy-Tailed Risk Factors," Mathematical Finance, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 12(3), pages 239-269.
- Paul Glasserman & Philip Heidelberger & Perwez Shahabuddin, 1999. "Asymptotically Optimal Importance Sampling and Stratification for Pricing Path-Dependent Options," Mathematical Finance, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 9(2), pages 117-152.
- R. Cont, 2001. "Empirical properties of asset returns: stylized facts and statistical issues," Quantitative Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 1(2), pages 223-236.
- Benoit Mandelbrot, 2015. "The Variation of Certain Speculative Prices," World Scientific Book Chapters,in: THE WORLD SCIENTIFIC HANDBOOK OF FUTURES MARKETS, chapter 3, pages 39-78 World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd..
- Paul Glasserman & Philip Heidelberger & Perwez Shahabuddin, 2000. "Variance Reduction Techniques for Estimating Value-at-Risk," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 46(10), pages 1349-1364, October.
More about this item
KeywordsBootstrap; Heavy-tailed; Importance resampling; Monte Carlo simulation; Multivariate normal distribution; Multivariate t distribution; Quadratic approximation; Value-at-Risk; Variance reduction;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:apfinm:v:13:y:2006:i:3:p:261-295. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .