A note on the bootstrap method for testing the existence of finite moments
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Fedotenkov, Igor, 2015. "A note on the bootstrap method for testing the existence of finite moments," MPRA Paper 66033, University Library of Munich, Germany.
References listed on IDEAS
- Einmahl, J. H.J. & Dekkers, A. L.M. & de Haan, L., 1989. "A moment estimator for the index of an extreme-value distribution," Other publications TiSEM 81970cb3-5b7a-4cad-9bf6-2, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Igor Fedotenkov, 2013. "A bootstrap method to test for the existence of finite moments," Journal of Nonparametric Statistics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 25(2), pages 315-322, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Wai Leong Ng & Chun Yip Yau, 2018. "Test for the existence of finite moments via bootstrap," Journal of Nonparametric Statistics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 30(1), pages 28-48, January.
More about this item
KeywordsBootstrap; finite moments; heavy tails; tail index estimator; test;
- C00 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - General - - - General
- C12 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - Hypothesis Testing: General
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bot:rivsta:v:74:y:2014:i:4:p:447-453. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Giovanna Galatà). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/dsbolit.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.