Does the Home Country's National Culture Affect MNCs' Performance? Empirical Evidence of the World's Top 100 East-West Non-financial MNCs
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Dunning, John H., 1994. "Multinational enterprises and the globalization of innovatory capacity," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 23(1), pages 67-88, January.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Chandan Sharma & Ritesh Kumar Mishra, 2011. "Does export and productivity growth linkage exist? Evidence from the Indian manufacturing industry," International Review of Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 25(6), pages 633-652, November.
- Halkos, George & Tzeremes, Nickolaos, 2011. "A conditional full frontier modelling for analyzing environmental efficiency and economic growth," MPRA Paper 32839, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Boubakri, Narjess & Mirzaei, Ali & Samet, Anis, 2017. "National culture and bank performance: Evidence from the recent financial crisis," Journal of Financial Stability, Elsevier, vol. 29(C), pages 36-56.
- Xiaoteng Ma & Ziyu Tang & Dan Wang & Hao Gao, 2020. "The Influence of Risk Culture on the Performance of International Joint-Venture Securities," Sustainability, MDPI, vol. 12(7), pages 1-21, March.
- Halkos, George Emm. & Tzeremes, Nickolaos G., 2011.
"Modelling the effect of national culture on multinational banks' performance: A conditional robust nonparametric frontier analysis,"
Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 28(1), pages 515-525.
- Halkos, George Emm. & Tzeremes, Nickolaos G., 2011. "Modelling the effect of national culture on multinational banks' performance: A conditional robust nonparametric frontier analysis," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 28(1-2), pages 515-525, January.
- William David Brice, 2013. "Family Firm Culture and Performance: Specific Empirical Evidence," International Journal of Academic Research in Accounting, Finance and Management Sciences, Human Resource Management Academic Research Society, International Journal of Academic Research in Accounting, Finance and Management Sciences, vol. 3(1), pages 5-17, January.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Zhang, Feng & Jiang, Guohua & Cantwell, John A., 2015. "Subsidiary exploration and the innovative performance of large multinational corporations," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 24(2), pages 224-234.
- D P Angel & L A Savage, 1996. "Global Localization? Japanese Research and Development Laboratories in the USA," Environment and Planning A, , vol. 28(5), pages 819-833, May.
- Murphree, Michael & Petersen, Bui & Warrian, Peter & Gosine, Ray, 2022. "Scope and scale of technology challenge and MNE subsidiary knowledge sourcing in host countries," Technovation, Elsevier, vol. 116(C).
- Jacob, Jojo & Belderbos, René & Lokshin, Boris, 2023.
"Entangled modes: Boundaries to effective international knowledge sourcing through technology alliances and technology-based acquisitions,"
Technovation, Elsevier, vol. 122(C).
- Jojo Jacob & Rene Belderbos & Boris Lokshin, 2022. "Entangled Modes: Boundaries to effective international knowledge sourcing through technology alliances and technology-based acquisitions," Working Papers of Department of Management, Strategy and Innovation, Leuven 706258, KU Leuven, Faculty of Economics and Business (FEB), Department of Management, Strategy and Innovation, Leuven.
- Santiago-Rodriguez, Fernando, 2008. "Facing the Trial of Internationalizing Clinical Trials to Developing Countries: Some Evidence from Mexico," MERIT Working Papers 2008-023, United Nations University - Maastricht Economic and Social Research Institute on Innovation and Technology (MERIT).
- Heinz Hollenstein, 2009.
"Characteristics of Foreign R&D Strategies of Swiss Firms: Implications for Policy,"
Chapters, in: Dominique Foray (ed.), The New Economics of Technology Policy, chapter 19,
Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Heinz Hollenstein, 2008. "Characteristics of Foreign R&D Strategies of Swiss Firms. Implications for Policy," WIFO Working Papers 315, WIFO.
- Heinz Hollenstein & Benjamin Jung, 2008. "Characteristics of Foreign R&D Strategies of Swiss Firms: Implications for Policy," FIW Working Paper series 015, FIW.
- Papanastassiou, Marina, 1999. "Technology and production strategies of multinational enterprise (MNE) subsidiaries in Europe," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 8(2), pages 213-232, April.
- Dominique Guellec & Bruno Van Pottelsberghe, 2004. "Measuring the globalisation of technology: An approach based on patent data," Working Papers CEB 04-013.RS, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Zander, Ivo, 1997. "Technological diversification in the multinational corporation--historical evolution and future prospects," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 26(2), pages 209-227, May.
- Blomkvist, Katarina & Kappen, Philip & Zander, Ivo, 2014. "Superstar inventors—Towards a people-centric perspective on the geography of technological renewal in the multinational corporation," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 43(4), pages 669-682.
- Kumar, Nagesh, 1996.
"Intellectual property protection, market orientation and location of overseas R&D activities by multinational enterprises,"
World Development, Elsevier, vol. 24(4), pages 673-688, April.
- Kumar, Nagesh, 1995. "Intellectual Property Protection, Market Orientation and Location of Overseas R&D Activities by Multinational Enterprises," UNU-INTECH Discussion Paper Series 1995-01, United Nations University - INTECH.
- René Belderbos & Boris Lokshin & Bert Sadowski, 2015. "The returns to foreign R&D," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 46(4), pages 491-504, May.
- Maria Bengtsson & Anders Soderholm, 2002. "Bridging Distances: Organizing Boundary-spanning Technology Development Projects," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 36(3), pages 263-274.
- Odagiri, Hiroyuki & Yasuda, Hideto, 1996. "The determinants of overseas R&D by Japanese firms: an empirical study at the industry and company levels," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 25(7), pages 1059-1079, October.
- Tiwari, Rajnish & Herstatt, Cornelius, 2009. "The emergence of Indian multinationals: An empirical study of motives, status-quo and trends of Indian investments in Germany," Working Papers 56, Hamburg University of Technology (TUHH), Institute for Technology and Innovation Management.
- Hegde, Deepak & Hicks, Diana, 2008. "The maturation of global corporate R&D: Evidence from the activity of U.S. foreign subsidiaries," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(3), pages 390-406, April.
- Kappen, Philip, 2011. "Competence-creating overlaps and subsidiary technological evolution in the multinational corporation," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 40(5), pages 673-686, June.
- Rammer, Christian & Schmiele, Anja, 2008.
"Drivers and Effects of Internationalising Innovation by SMEs,"
ZEW Discussion Papers
08-035 [rev.], ZEW - Leibniz Centre for European Economic Research.
- Schmiele, Anja & Rammer, Christian, 2008. "Drivers and Effects of Internationalising Innovation by SMEs," ZEW Discussion Papers 08-035, ZEW - Leibniz Centre for European Economic Research.
- Martina Fromhold-Eisebith, 2002. "Regional Cycles of Learning: Foreign Multinationals as Agents of Technological Upgrading in Less Developed Countries," Environment and Planning A, , vol. 34(12), pages 2155-2173, December.
- Shin-Horng Chen & Meng-Chun Liu, 2005. "International R&D Deployment and Locational Advantage of Developing Countries: A Case Study of Taiwan," NBER Chapters, in: International Trade in East Asia, pages 81-108, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
More about this item
KeywordsMNC performance; national culture; cultural distance; data envelopment analysis;
All these keywords.
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:taf:glecrv:v:37:y:2008:i:4:p:405-427. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: http://www.tandfonline.com/RGER20 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Chris Longhurst (email available below). General contact details of provider: http://www.tandfonline.com/RGER20 .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.