The incremental time costs of children: An analysis of children's impact on adult time use in Australia
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- David Colander, 2005. "The Making of an Economist Redux," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 19(1), pages 175-198, Winter.
- Colander, David, 2003.
"The Aging of an Economist,"
Journal of the History of Economic Thought,
Cambridge University Press, vol. 25(02), pages 157-176, June.
- Kahn, Shulamit, 1993. "Gender Differences in Academic Career Paths of Economists," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 83(2), pages 52-56, May.
- Donna K. Ginther & Shulamit Kahn, 2004. "Women in Economics: Moving Up or Falling Off the Academic Career Ladder?," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 18(3), pages 193-214, Summer.
- Uri Gneezy & Muriel Niederle & Aldo Rustichini, 2003. "Performance in Competitive Environments: Gender Differences," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 118(3), pages 1049-1074.
- Uri Gneezy & Aldo Rustichini, 2004. "Gender and Competition at a Young Age," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 94(2), pages 377-381, May.
- David Neumark & Rosella Gardecki, 1998.
"Women Helping Women? Role Model and Mentoring Effects on Female Ph.D. Students in Economics,"
Journal of Human Resources,
University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 33(1), pages 220-246.
- David Neumark & Rosella Gardecki, 1996. "Women Helping Women? Role-Model and Mentoring Effects on Female Ph.D. Student in Economics," NBER Working Papers 5733, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- McDowell, John M & Smith, Janet Kiholm, 1992. "The Effect of Gender-Sorting on Propensity to Coauthor: Implications for Academic Promotion," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 30(1), pages 68-82, January.
- John M. McDowell & Larry D. Singell & Mark Stater, 2006. "Two to Tango? Gender Differences in the Decisions to Publish and Coauthor," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 44(1), pages 153-168, January.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- David Canning & Declan French & Michael Moore, 2016.
"The Economics of Fertility Timing: An Euler Equation Approach,"
CHaRMS Working Papers
16-03, Centre for HeAlth Research at the Management School (CHaRMS).
- David Canning & Declan French & Michael Moore, 2016. "The Economics of Fertility Timing: An Euler Equation Approach," PGDA Working Papers 11714, Program on the Global Demography of Aging.
- repec:kap:jculte:v:41:y:2017:i:4:d:10.1007_s10824-016-9275-8 is not listed on IDEAS
- Elisabeth Gugl & Linda Welling, 2010. "The Early Bird Gets The Worm? Birth Order Effects In A Dynamic Family Model," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 48(3), pages 690-703, July.
- Olivier Thévenon & Angela Luci, 2012.
"Reconciling Work, Family and Child Outcomes: What Implications for Family Support Policies?,"
Population Research and Policy Review,
Springer;Southern Demographic Association (SDA), vol. 31(6), pages 855-882, December.
- Angela Luci & Olivier Thévenon, 2012. "Reconciling work, family and child outcomes: What implications for family support policies?," Université Paris1 Panthéon-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) hal-00666250, HAL.
- Olivier Thévenon & Angela Luci, 2012. "Reconciling Work, Family and Child Outcomes: What Implications for Family Support Policies?," Université Paris1 Panthéon-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) hal-00820971, HAL.
- Scott Schieman & Marisa Young, 2015. "Who Engages in Work–Family Multitasking? A Study of Canadian and American Workers," Social Indicators Research: An International and Interdisciplinary Journal for Quality-of-Life Measurement, Springer, vol. 120(3), pages 741-767, February.
- Vivien Procher & Nolan Ritter & Colin Vance, 2014.
"Making dough or baking dough? Spousal housework responsibilities in Germany, 1992-2011,"
Schumpeter Discussion Papers
SDP14004, Universitätsbibliothek Wuppertal, University Library.
- Procher, Vivien & Ritter, Nolan & Vance, Colin, 2014. "Making Dough or Baking Dough? Spousal Housework Responsibilities in Germany, 1992-2011," Ruhr Economic Papers 472, RWI - Leibniz-Institut für Wirtschaftsforschung, Ruhr-University Bochum, TU Dortmund University, University of Duisburg-Essen.
- repec:zbw:rwirep:0472 is not listed on IDEAS
- Vivien Procher & Nolan Ritter & Colin Vance, 2014. "Making Dough or Baking Dough? Spousal Housework Responsibilities in Germany, 1992-2011," Ruhr Economic Papers 0472, Rheinisch-Westfälisches Institut für Wirtschaftsforschung, Ruhr-Universität Bochum, Universität Dortmund, Universität Duisburg-Essen.
- repec:spr:soinre:v:132:y:2017:i:3:d:10.1007_s11205-016-1344-z is not listed on IDEAS
- Shoshana Grossbard & Sankar Mukhopadhyay, 2013.
"Children, spousal love, and happiness: an economic analysis,"
Review of Economics of the Household,
Springer, vol. 11(3), pages 447-467, September.
- Grossbard, Shoshana & Mukhopadhyay, Sankar, 2012. "Children, Spousal Love, and Happiness: An Economic Analysis," IZA Discussion Papers 7119, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Anne Roeters & Jornt J. Mandemakers & Marieke Voorpostel, 2016. "Parenthood and Well-Being: The Moderating Role of Leisure and Paid Work," European Journal of Population, Springer;European Association for Population Studies, vol. 32(3), pages 381-401, August.
- Granger, Karen & Lu, Vinh Nhat & Conduit, Jodie & Veale, Roberta & Habel, Cullen, 2014. "Keeping the faith! Drivers of participation in spiritually-based communities," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 67(2), pages 68-75.
- Brown, Judith E. & Broom, Dorothy H. & Nicholson, Jan M. & Bittman, Michael, 2010. "Do working mothers raise couch potato kids? Maternal employment and children's lifestyle behaviours and weight in early childhood," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 70(11), pages 1816-1824, June.
More about this item
KeywordsChildren; time use; motherhood; gender equity; secondary activity; JEL Codes: J16; J22; J13;
- J16 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demographic Economics - - - Economics of Gender; Non-labor Discrimination
- J22 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - Time Allocation and Labor Supply
- J13 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demographic Economics - - - Fertility; Family Planning; Child Care; Children; Youth
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:taf:femeco:v:14:y:2008:i:2:p:59-88. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Chris Longhurst). General contact details of provider: http://www.tandfonline.com/RFEC20 .
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .