The incremental time costs of children: An analysis of children's impact on adult time use in Australia
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Bruce Bradbury, 2001. "The Welfare Interpretation of Consumer Equivalence Scales," CEPR Discussion Papers 426, Centre for Economic Policy Research, Research School of Economics, Australian National University.
- Apps, Patricia & Rees, Ray, 2001.
"Household production, full consumption and the costs of children,"
Elsevier, vol. 8(6), pages 621-648, December.
- Apps, Patricia & Rees, Ray, 2000. "Household Production, Full Consumption and the Costs of Children," IZA Discussion Papers 157, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Peter Saunders, 1998. "Household Budgets and Income Distribution over the Longer Term: Evidence for Australia," Discussion Papers 0089, University of New South Wales, Social Policy Research Centre.
- Gershuny, Jonathan, 2000. "Changing Times: Work and Leisure in Postindustrial Society," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780198287872.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:zbw:rwirep:0472 is not listed on IDEAS
- David Canning & Declan French & Michael Moore, 2016.
"The Economics of Fertility Timing: An Euler Equation Approach,"
PGDA Working Papers
11714, Program on the Global Demography of Aging.
- David Canning & Declan French & Michael Moore, 2016. "The Economics of Fertility Timing: An Euler Equation Approach," CHaRMS Working Papers 16-03, Centre for HeAlth Research at the Management School (CHaRMS).
- Olivier Thévenon & Angela Luci, 2012.
"Reconciling Work, Family and Child Outcomes: What Implications for Family Support Policies?,"
Population Research and Policy Review,
Springer;Southern Demographic Association (SDA), vol. 31(6), pages 855-882, December.
- Angela Luci & Olivier Thévenon, 2012. "Reconciling work, family and child outcomes: What implications for family support policies?," Université Paris1 Panthéon-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) hal-00666250, HAL.
- Olivier Thévenon & Angela Luci, 2012. "Reconciling Work, Family and Child Outcomes: What Implications for Family Support Policies?," Université Paris1 Panthéon-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) hal-00820971, HAL.
- Procher, Vivien & Ritter, Nolan & Vance, Colin, 2014.
"Making Dough or Baking Dough? Spousal Housework Responsibilities in Germany, 1992-2011,"
Ruhr Economic Papers
472, RWI - Leibniz-Institut für Wirtschaftsforschung, Ruhr-University Bochum, TU Dortmund University, University of Duisburg-Essen.
- Vivien Procher & Nolan Ritter & Colin Vance, 2014. "Making dough or baking dough? Spousal housework responsibilities in Germany, 1992-2011," Schumpeter Discussion Papers SDP14004, Universitätsbibliothek Wuppertal, University Library.
- Shoshana Grossbard & Sankar Mukhopadhyay, 2013.
"Children, spousal love, and happiness: an economic analysis,"
Review of Economics of the Household,
Springer, vol. 11(3), pages 447-467, September.
- Grossbard, Shoshana & Mukhopadhyay, Sankar, 2012. "Children, Spousal Love, and Happiness: An Economic Analysis," IZA Discussion Papers 7119, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Vivien Procher & Nolan Ritter & Colin Vance, 2014. "Making Dough or Baking Dough? Spousal Housework Responsibilities in Germany, 1992-2011," Ruhr Economic Papers 0472, Rheinisch-Westfälisches Institut für Wirtschaftsforschung, Ruhr-Universität Bochum, Universität Dortmund, Universität Duisburg-Essen.
- Anne Roeters & Jornt J. Mandemakers & Marieke Voorpostel, 2016. "Parenthood and Well-Being: The Moderating Role of Leisure and Paid Work," European Journal of Population, Springer;European Association for Population Studies, vol. 32(3), pages 381-401, August.
- Scott Schieman & Marisa Young, 2015. "Who Engages in Work–Family Multitasking? A Study of Canadian and American Workers," Social Indicators Research: An International and Interdisciplinary Journal for Quality-of-Life Measurement, Springer, vol. 120(3), pages 741-767, February.
- Granger, Karen & Lu, Vinh Nhat & Conduit, Jodie & Veale, Roberta & Habel, Cullen, 2014. "Keeping the faith! Drivers of participation in spiritually-based communities," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 67(2), pages 68-75.
- Brown, Judith E. & Broom, Dorothy H. & Nicholson, Jan M. & Bittman, Michael, 2010. "Do working mothers raise couch potato kids? Maternal employment and children's lifestyle behaviours and weight in early childhood," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 70(11), pages 1816-1824, June.
- repec:bla:revinw:v:62:y:2016:i:4:p:668-684 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:kap:jculte:v:41:y:2017:i:4:d:10.1007_s10824-016-9275-8 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:kap:reveho:v:16:y:2018:i:2:d:10.1007_s11150-016-9336-y is not listed on IDEAS
- Elisabeth Gugl & Linda Welling, 2010. "The Early Bird Gets The Worm? Birth Order Effects In A Dynamic Family Model," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 48(3), pages 690-703, July.
- repec:spr:soinre:v:132:y:2017:i:3:d:10.1007_s11205-016-1344-z is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:kap:reveho:v:16:y:2018:i:2:d:10.1007_s11150-017-9387-8 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
KeywordsChildren; time use; motherhood; gender equity; secondary activity; JEL Codes: J16; J22; J13;
- J16 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demographic Economics - - - Economics of Gender; Non-labor Discrimination
- J22 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - Time Allocation and Labor Supply
- J13 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demographic Economics - - - Fertility; Family Planning; Child Care; Children; Youth
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:taf:femeco:v:14:y:2008:i:2:p:59-88. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Chris Longhurst). General contact details of provider: http://www.tandfonline.com/RFEC20 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.