The Role of Universities in Regional Development: Conceptual Models and Policy Institutions in the UK, Sweden and Austria
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- Trippl, Michaela & Sinozic, Tanja & Lawton Smith , Helen, 2014. "The role of universities in regional development: conceptual models and policy institutions in the UK, Sweden and Austria," Papers in Innovation Studies 2014/13, Lund University, CIRCLE - Center for Innovation, Research and Competences in the Learning Economy.
References listed on IDEAS
- Etzkowitz, Henry & Webster, Andrew & Gebhardt, Christiane & Terra, Branca Regina Cantisano, 2000. "The future of the university and the university of the future: evolution of ivory tower to entrepreneurial paradigm," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 29(2), pages 313-330, February.
- Roland Andersson & John M. Quigley & Mats Wilhelmson, 2004.
"University decentralization as regional policy: the Swedish experiment,"
Journal of Economic Geography,
Oxford University Press, vol. 4(4), pages 371-388, August.
- Roland Andersson & John M. Quigley & Mats Wilhelmsson, 2002. "University Decentralization as Regional Policy: The Swedish Experiment," ERES eres2002_138, European Real Estate Society (ERES).
- Andersson, Roland & Quigley, John M. & Wilhelmsson, Mats, 2004. "University Decentralization as Regional Policy: The Swedish Experiment," Berkeley Program on Housing and Urban Policy, Working Paper Series qt81n6b8fb, Berkeley Program on Housing and Urban Policy.
- Rebecca Henderson & Adam B. Jaffe & Manuel Trajtenberg, 1998.
"Universities As A Source Of Commercial Technology: A Detailed Analysis Of University Patenting, 1965-1988,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics,
MIT Press, vol. 80(1), pages 119-127, February.
- Rebecca Henderson & Adam Jaffe & Manuel Trajtenberg, 1995. "Universities as a Source of Commercial Technology: A Detailed Analysis of University Patenting 1965-1988," NBER Working Papers 5068, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Henderson, R. & Jaffe, A.B.: Tratenberg, M., 1995. "Universities as a Source of Commercial Technology: A Detailed Analysis of University Patenting 1965-1988," Papers 09-95, Tel Aviv.
- Hessels, Laurens K. & van Lente, Harro, 2008. "Re-thinking new knowledge production: A literature review and a research agenda," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(4), pages 740-760, May.
- Arianna Martinelli & Martin Meyer & Nick Tunzelmann, 2008. "Becoming an entrepreneurial university? A case study of knowledge exchange relationships and faculty attitudes in a medium-sized, research-oriented university," The Journal of Technology Transfer, Springer, vol. 33(3), pages 259-283, June.
- Martin, Roman & Moodysson , Jerker, 2011. "Comparing knowledge bases: on the organisation and geography of knowledge flows in the regional innovation system of Scania, southern Sweden," Papers in Innovation Studies 2011/2, Lund University, CIRCLE - Center for Innovation, Research and Competences in the Learning Economy.
- Audretsch, David B & Feldman, Maryann P, 1996. "R&D Spillovers and the Geography of Innovation and Production," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 86(3), pages 630-640, June.
- Gerry Boucher & Cheryl Conway & Els Van Der Meer, 2003. "Tiers of Engagement by Universities in their Region's Development," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 37(9), pages 887-897.
- Shiri Breznitz & Maryann Feldman, 2012. "The engaged university," The Journal of Technology Transfer, Springer, vol. 37(2), pages 139-157, April.
- Elvira Uyarra, 2009. "Conceptualizing the Regional Roles of Universities, Implications and Contradictions," European Planning Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 18(8), pages 1227-1246, March.
- Elizabeth Shove & Arie Rip, 2000. "Users and unicorns: a discussion of mythical beasts in interactive science," Science and Public Policy, Oxford University Press, vol. 27(3), pages 175-182, June.
- Helen Lawton Smith & Sharmistha Bagchi-Sen, 2012. "The research university, entrepreneurship and regional development: Research propositions and current evidence," Entrepreneurship & Regional Development, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 24(5-6), pages 383-404, June.
- Michaela Trippl & Anne Otto, 2009.
"How to turn the fate of old industrial areas: a comparison of cluster-based renewal processes in Styria and the Saarland,"
Environment and Planning A,
Pion Ltd, London, vol. 41(5), pages 1217-1233, May.
- Michaela Trippl & Anne Otto, 2009. "How to Turn the Fate of Old Industrial Areas: A Comparison of Cluster-Based Renewal Processes in Styria and the Saarland," Environment and Planning A, , vol. 41(5), pages 1217-1233, May.
- Donald S. Siegel & Reinhilde Veugelers & Mike Wright, 2007. "Technology transfer offices and commercialization of university intellectual property: performance and policy implications," Oxford Review of Economic Policy, Oxford University Press, vol. 23(4), pages 640-660, Winter.
- Perkmann, Markus & Tartari, Valentina & McKelvey, Maureen & Autio, Erkko & Broström, Anders & D’Este, Pablo & Fini, Riccardo & Geuna, Aldo & Grimaldi, Rosa & Hughes, Alan & Krabel, Stefan & Kitson, Mi, 2013. "Academic engagement and commercialisation: A review of the literature on university–industry relations," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 42(2), pages 423-442.
- Mats Benner & Lucia Guaranys & Anne Marie Maculan & Robert Kneller, 2008. "Pathways to the entrepreneurial university: towards a global convergence," Science and Public Policy, Oxford University Press, vol. 35(9), pages 681-695, November.
- Evangelos Bourelos & Mats Magnusson & Maureen McKelvey, 2012. "Investigating the complexity facing academic entrepreneurs in science and engineering: the complementarities of research performance, networks and support structures in commercialisation," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 36(3), pages 751-780.
- Chrys Gunasekara, 2006. "Reframing the Role of Universities in the Development of Regional Innovation Systems," The Journal of Technology Transfer, Springer, vol. 31(1), pages 101-113, January.
- Grimaldi, Rosa & Kenney, Martin & Siegel, Donald S. & Wright, Mike, 2011. "30 years after Bayh-Dole: Reassessing academic entrepreneurship," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 40(8), pages 1045-1057, October.
- Harvey Goldstein, 2010. "The ‘entrepreneurial turn’ and regional economic development mission of universities," The Annals of Regional Science, Springer;Western Regional Science Association, vol. 44(1), pages 83-109, February.
- Todtling, Franz & Trippl, Michaela, 2005. "One size fits all?: Towards a differentiated regional innovation policy approach," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 34(8), pages 1203-1219, October.
- Peter Arbo & Paul Benneworth, 2007. "Understanding the Regional Contribution of Higher Education Institutions: A Literature Review," OECD Education Working Papers 9, OECD Publishing.
- Bramwell, Allison & Wolfe, David A., 2008. "Universities and regional economic development: The entrepreneurial University of Waterloo," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(8), pages 1175-1187, September.
- Agrawal, Ajay & Cockburn, Iain, 2003. "The anchor tenant hypothesis: exploring the role of large, local, R&D-intensive firms in regional innovation systems," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 21(9), pages 1227-1253, November.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:spr:intemj:v:14:y:2018:i:2:d:10.1007_s11365-018-0500-0 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:tefoso:v:123:y:2017:i:c:p:271-282 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:gam:jsusta:v:10:y:2018:i:11:p:3941-:d:179161 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
- I28 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Education - - - Government Policy
- R10 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - General Regional Economics - - - General
- R58 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Regional Government Analysis - - - Regional Development Planning and Policy
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:taf:eurpls:v:23:y:2015:i:9:p:1722-1740. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Chris Longhurst). General contact details of provider: http://www.tandfonline.com/CEPS20 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.