Tiers of Engagement by Universities in their Region's Development
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Julie Keane Shaw & Janelle Allison, 1999. "The Intersection of the Learning Region and Local and Regional Economic Development: Analysing the Role of Higher Education," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 33(9), pages 896-902.
- Bengt-ake Lundvall & Bjorn Johnson, 1994. "The Learning Economy," Industry and Innovation, Taylor & Francis Journals, pages 23-42.
- repec:mes:challe:v:38:y:1995:i:4:p:60-63 is not listed on IDEAS
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:isv:jouijm:v:6:y:2017:i:1:p:77-96 is not listed on IDEAS
- Cavicchi, Alessio & Rinaldi, Chiara & Corsi, Michele, 2013. "Higher Education Institutions as Managers of Wicked Problems: Place Branding and Rural Development in Marche Region, Italy," International Food and Agribusiness Management Review, International Food and Agribusiness Management Association (IFAMA), vol. 16(A).
- Lawson, Cornelia, 2014.
"Putting the Region first: Knowledge Transfer at Universities in Greater Manchester,"
Department of Economics and Statistics Cognetti de Martiis. Working Papers
201410, University of Turin.
- Lawson, Cornelia, 2014. "Putting the Region first: Knowledge Transfer at Universities in Greater Manchester," Department of Economics and Statistics Cognetti de Martiis LEI & BRICK - Laboratory of Economics of Innovation "Franco Momigliano", Bureau of Research in Innovation, Complexity and Knowledge, Collegio 201403, University of Turin.
- Hammer, Andrea, 2014. "Innovation of knowledge intensive service firms in urban areas," Working Paper Series in Economics 63, Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (KIT), Department of Economics and Business Engineering.
- repec:eee:tefoso:v:123:y:2017:i:c:p:122-129 is not listed on IDEAS
- Iammarino, Simona & McCann, Philip, 2006.
"The structure and evolution of industrial clusters: Transactions, technology and knowledge spillovers,"
Elsevier, pages 1018-1036.
- Simona Iammarino & Philip McCann, 2006. "The Structure and Evolution of Industrial Clusters: Transactions, Technology and Knowledge Spillovers," SPRU Working Paper Series 138, SPRU - Science and Technology Policy Research, University of Sussex.
- Braunerhjelm, Pontus, 2006. "Regional Specialization and Universities: The New Verus the Old," Working Paper Series in Economics and Institutions of Innovation 55, Royal Institute of Technology, CESIS - Centre of Excellence for Science and Innovation Studies.
- Michaela Trippl & Tanja Sinozic & Helen Lawton Smith, 2015.
"The Role of Universities in Regional Development: Conceptual Models and Policy Institutions in the UK, Sweden and Austria,"
European Planning Studies,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 23(9), pages 1722-1740, September.
- Trippl, Michaela & Sinozic, Tanja & Lawton Smith , Helen, 2014. "The role of universities in regional development: conceptual models and policy institutions in the UK, Sweden and Austria," Papers in Innovation Studies 2014/13, Lund University, CIRCLE - Center for Innovation, Research and Competences in the Learning Economy.
- Maria Abreu & Pelin Demirel & Vadim Grinevich & Mine Karataş-Özkan, 2016. "Entrepreneurial practices in research-intensive and teaching-led universities," Small Business Economics, Springer, pages 695-717.
- Tüzin Baycan & Roger Stough, 2013. "Bridging knowledge to commercialization: the good, the bad, and the challenging," The Annals of Regional Science, Springer;Western Regional Science Association, pages 367-405.
- Mihaela-Cornelia (DAN) PREJMEREAN, 2012. "The Contribution Of Higher Education Institutions In Regional Development," REVISTA ADMINISTRATIE SI MANAGEMENT PUBLIC, Faculty of Administration and Public Management, Academy of Economic Studies, Bucharest, Romania, vol. 2012(8), pages 142-149, June.
- Martina Kauffeld-Monz, 2005. "Knowledge spillovers within regional networks of innovation and the contribution made by public research," ERSA conference papers ersa05p440, European Regional Science Association.
- Andrea Bonaccorsi & Massimo G. Colombo & Massimiliano Guerini & Cristina Rossi Lamastra, 2014.
"How universities contribute to the creation of knowledge-intensive firms: detailed evidence on the Italian case,"
Chapters,in: Knowledge, Diversity and Performance in European Higher Education, chapter 7, pages iii-iii
Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Attila Varga & Márton Horváth, 2012. "Institutional and regional factors behind university patenting in Europe: An exploratory spatial analysis using EUMIDA data," Working Papers 2012/5, University of Pécs, Department of Economics and Regional Studies, revised Oct 2012.
- Fernández-Esquinas, Manuel & Pinto, Hugo & Yruela, Manuel Pérez & Pereira, Tiago Santos, 2016. "Tracing the flows of knowledge transfer: Latent dimensions and determinants of university–industry interactions in peripheral innovation systems," Technological Forecasting and Social Change, Elsevier, vol. 113(PB), pages 266-279.
- repec:spr:jahrfr:v:37:y:2017:i:2:d:10.1007_s10037-017-0119-6 is not listed on IDEAS
- Alexandru Cristian Fotea & Teodor Lucian Moga, 2011. "The Contribution Of Alexandru Ioan Cuza University Of Iaªi To The Increase Of The Economic Activity Rate In The North Eastern Region And In Romania," CES Working Papers, Centre for European Studies, Alexandru Ioan Cuza University, vol. 3(4), pages 515-523, December.
- Mike Wright, 2014. "Academic entrepreneurship, technology transfer and society: where next?," The Journal of Technology Transfer, Springer, vol. 39(3), pages 322-334, June.
- repec:jes:wpaper:y:2011:v:3:p:515-523 is not listed on IDEAS
- Qiantao Zhang & Niall G. MacKenzie & Dylan Jones-Evans & Robert Huggins, 2016. "Leveraging knowledge as a competitive asset? The intensity, performance and structure of universities’ entrepreneurial knowledge exchange activities at a regional level," Small Business Economics, Springer, pages 657-675.
- Bramwell, Allison & Wolfe, David A., 2008. "Universities and regional economic development: The entrepreneurial University of Waterloo," Research Policy, Elsevier, pages 1175-1187.
More about this item
KeywordsUniversities; Regions; Regional development; Knowledge; Engagement; Networks;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:taf:regstd:v:37:y:2003:i:9:p:887-897. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Chris Longhurst). General contact details of provider: http://www.tandfonline.com/CRES20 .