Projection of input-output tables by means of mathematical programming based on the hypothesis of stable structural evolution
The high costs involved in the construction of input-output tables (IOTs) using survey methods, makes the development of mathematical projection techniques attractive. An adjustment and projection method of IOTs, based on mathematical programming techniques, is proposed here. The flexibility and ability to include information on elements and aggregates is one of this method's main advantages over alternative adjustment methods. Among the information included in the adjustment, the most relevant is related to the evolution hypothesis of the production structure under stable conditions. This leads to the inclusion of intervals for coefficients. A set of adjusted tables, consistent with their own internal structure, is obtained after an interactive and iterative process that reconciles all information sources. A projection of IOTs in Spain for the period 1995-1998 is undertaken to examine the accuracy of the method.
Volume (Year): 17 (2005)
Issue (Month): 1 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.tandfonline.com/CESR20|
|Order Information:||Web: http://www.tandfonline.com/pricing/journal/CESR20|
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Yasuhide Okuyama & Geoffrey J.D. Hewings & Michael Sonis & Philip R. Israilevich, 2002. "An Economic Analysis of Biproportional Properties in an Input-Output System," Journal of Regional Science, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 42(2), pages 361-387.
- Michael Lahr & Louis de Mesnard, 2004.
"Biproportional Techniques in Input-Output Analysis: Table Updating and Structural Analysis,"
Economic Systems Research,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 16(2), pages 115-134.
- Michael Lahr & Louis de Mesnard, 2004. "Biproportional Techniques in Input-Output Analysis: Table Updating and Structural Analysis," GE, Growth, Math methods 0403006, EconWPA.
- Michael L. Lahr & Louis De Mesnard, 2004. "Biproportional Techniques in Input-Output Analysis: Table Updating and Structural Analysis," Post-Print halshs-00068608, HAL.
- Kurt Kratena & Gerold Zakarias, 2004. "Input Coefficient Change Using Biproportional Econometric Adjustment Functions," Economic Systems Research, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 16(2), pages 191-203.
- G. Dosi, 1999. "Innovation, Organization and Economic Dynamics. An Autobiographical Introduction," LEM Papers Series 1999/17, Laboratory of Economics and Management (LEM), Sant'Anna School of Advanced Studies, Pisa, Italy.
- Antonelli, Cristiano, 2003.
"Localized Technological Change,"
Department of Economics and Statistics Cognetti de Martiis LEI & BRICK - Laboratory of Economics of Innovation "Franco Momigliano", Bureau of Research in Innovation, Complexity and Knowledge, Collegio
200305, University of Turin.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:taf:ecsysr:v:17:y:2005:i:1:p:1-23. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Michael McNulty)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.