Hedging against bunker price fluctuations using petroleum futures contracts: constant versus time-varying hedge ratios
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Engle, Robert F. & Kroner, Kenneth F., 1995. "Multivariate Simultaneous Generalized ARCH," Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 11(01), pages 122-150, February.
- Tim Bollerslev & Jeffrey M. Wooldridge, 1988. "Quasi-Maximum Likelihood Estimation of Dynamic Models with Time-Varying Covariances," Working papers 505, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Department of Economics.
- Myers, Robert J. & Thompson, Stanley R., 1988. "Generalized Optimal Hedge Ratio Estimation," Staff Paper Series 200967, Michigan State University, Department of Agricultural, Food, and Resource Economics.
- K. C. Chen & R. Stephen Sears & Dah‐Nein Tzang, 1987. "Oil prices and energy futures," Journal of Futures Markets, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 7(5), pages 501-518, October.
- Bollerslev, Tim & Engle, Robert F. & Nelson, Daniel B., 1986. "Arch models," Handbook of Econometrics,in: R. F. Engle & D. McFadden (ed.), Handbook of Econometrics, edition 1, volume 4, chapter 49, pages 2959-3038 Elsevier.
- Phillips, P C B, 1987.
"Time Series Regression with a Unit Root,"
Econometric Society, vol. 55(2), pages 277-301, March.
- Phillips, P.C.B., 1986. "Testing for a Unit Root in Time Series Regression," Cahiers de recherche 8633, Universite de Montreal, Departement de sciences economiques.
- Peter C.B. Phillips & Pierre Perron, 1986. "Testing for a Unit Root in Time Series Regression," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 795R, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University, revised Sep 1987.
- Tom Doan, "undated". "PPUNIT: RATS procedure to perform Phillips-Perron Unit Root test," Statistical Software Components RTS00160, Boston College Department of Economics.
- Anil K. Bera & Philip Garcia & Jae-Sun Roh, 1997. "Estimation of Time-Varying Hedge Ratios for Corn and Soybeans: BGARCH and Random Coefficient Approaches," Finance 9712007, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Baillie, Richard T & Myers, Robert J, 1991. "Bivariate GARCH Estimation of the Optimal Commodity Futures Hedge," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 6(2), pages 109-124, April-Jun.
- Engle, Robert & Granger, Clive, 2015.
"Co-integration and error correction: Representation, estimation, and testing,"
Publishing House "SINERGIA PRESS", vol. 39(3), pages 106-135.
- Engle, Robert F & Granger, Clive W J, 1987. "Co-integration and Error Correction: Representation, Estimation, and Testing," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 55(2), pages 251-276, March.
- Phillips, P C B, 1987. "Time Series Regression with a Unit Root," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 55(2), pages 277-301, March.
- Kavussanos, Manolis G. & Visvikis, Ilias D., 2004. "Market interactions in returns and volatilities between spot and forward shipping freight markets," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 28(8), pages 2015-2049, August.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Chang, Chia-Lin & McAleer, Michael & Tansuchat, Roengchai, 2011.
"Crude oil hedging strategies using dynamic multivariate GARCH,"
Elsevier, vol. 33(5), pages 912-923, September.
- Roengchai Tansuchat & Chia-Lin Chang & Michael McAleer, 2010. "Crude Oil Hedging Strategies Using Dynamic Multivariate GARCH," CIRJE F-Series CIRJE-F-704, CIRJE, Faculty of Economics, University of Tokyo.
- Tansuchat, R. & Chang, C-L. & McAleer, M.J., 2010. "Crude Oil Hedging Strategies Using Dynamic Multivariate GARCH," Econometric Institute Research Papers EI 2010-10, Erasmus University Rotterdam, Erasmus School of Economics (ESE), Econometric Institute.
- Roengchai Tansuchat & Chia-Lin Chang & Michael McAleer, 2010. "Crude Oil Hedging Strategies Using Dynamic Multivariate GARCH," Working Papers in Economics 10/03, University of Canterbury, Department of Economics and Finance.
- Chia-Lin Chang & Michael McAleer & Roengchai Tansuchat, 2010. "Crude Oil Hedging Strategies Using Dynamic Multivariate GARCH," KIER Working Papers 743, Kyoto University, Institute of Economic Research.
- Gu, Yewen & Wallace, Stein W. & Wang, Xin, 2016. "Integrated maritime bunker management with stochastic fuel prices and new emission regulations," Discussion Papers 2016/13, Norwegian School of Economics, Department of Business and Management Science.
- Wang, Yudong & Wu, Chongfeng, 2012. "Forecasting energy market volatility using GARCH models: Can multivariate models beat univariate models?," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 34(6), pages 2167-2181.
- repec:eee:transe:v:115:y:2018:i:c:p:164-212 is not listed on IDEAS
- Gu, Yewen & Wallace, Stein W. & Wang, Xin, 2016. "The Impact of Bunker Risk Management on CO2 Emissions in Maritime Transportation Under ECA Regulation," Discussion Papers 2016/17, Norwegian School of Economics, Department of Business and Management Science.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:taf:applec:v:36:y:2004:i:12:p:1337-1353. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Chris Longhurst). General contact details of provider: http://www.tandfonline.com/RAEC20 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.