Multi Mean Garch Approach to Evaluating Hedging Performance in the Crude Palm Oil Futures Market
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Engle, Robert F. & Kroner, Kenneth F., 1995. "Multivariate Simultaneous Generalized ARCH," Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 11(01), pages 122-150, February.
- Wenling Yang & David E. Allen, 2005. "Multivariate GARCH hedge ratios and hedging effectiveness in Australian futures markets," Accounting and Finance, Accounting and Finance Association of Australia and New Zealand, vol. 45(2), pages 301-321.
- Cecchetti, Stephen G & Cumby, Robert E & Figlewski, Stephen, 1988. "Estimation of the Optimal Futures Hedge," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 70(4), pages 623-630, November.
- Christos Floros & Dimitrios Vougas, 2004. "Hedge ratios in Greek stock index futures market," Applied Financial Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 14(15), pages 1125-1136.
- Donald Lien & Y. K. Tse & Albert Tsui, 2002. "Evaluating the hedging performance of the constant-correlation GARCH model," Applied Financial Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 12(11), pages 791-798.
- Lien, Donald, 2004. "Cointegration and the optimal hedge ratio: the general case," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 44(5), pages 654-658, December.
- Kroner, Kenneth F. & Sultan, Jahangir, 1993. "Time-Varying Distributions and Dynamic Hedging with Foreign Currency Futures," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 28(04), pages 535-551, December.
- Anil K. Bera & Philip Garcia & Jae-Sun Roh, 1997. "Estimation of Time-Varying Hedge Ratios for Corn and Soybeans: BGARCH and Random Coefficient Approaches," Finance 9712007, EconWPA.
- Baillie, Richard T & Myers, Robert J, 1991. "Bivariate GARCH Estimation of the Optimal Commodity Futures Hedge," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 6(2), pages 109-124, April-Jun.
- Ederington, Louis H, 1979. "The Hedging Performance of the New Futures Markets," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 34(1), pages 157-170, March.
- Bollerslev, Tim, 1986.
"Generalized autoregressive conditional heteroskedasticity,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 31(3), pages 307-327, April.
- Tim Bollerslev, 1986. "Generalized autoregressive conditional heteroskedasticity," EERI Research Paper Series EERI RP 1986/01, Economics and Econometrics Research Institute (EERI), Brussels.
- Ederington, Louis H. & Salas, Jesus M., 2008. "Minimum variance hedging when spot price changes are partially predictable," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 32(5), pages 654-663, May.
- Wilkinson, Katherine J & Rose, Lawrence C & Young, Martin R, 1999. "Comparing the Effectiveness of Traditional and Time Varying Hedge Ratios Using New Zealand and Australian Debt Futures Contracts," The Financial Review, Eastern Finance Association, vol. 34(3), pages 79-94, August.
- Lorne N. Switzer & Mario El‐Khoury, 2007. "Extreme volatility, speculative efficiency, and the hedging effectiveness of the oil futures markets," Journal of Futures Markets, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 27(1), pages 61-84, January.
- F. Douglas Foster & Charles H. Whiteman, 2002. "Bayesian Cross Hedging: An Example From the Soybean Market," Australian Journal of Management, Australian School of Business, vol. 27(2), pages 95-122, December.
- Gagnon, Louis & Lypny, Gregory J. & McCurdy, Thomas H., 1998. "Hedging foreign currency portfolios," Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 5(3), pages 197-220, September.
- Hsiang-Tai Lee & Jonathan Yoder, 2007.
"A bivariate Markov regime switching GARCH approach to estimate time varying minimum variance hedge ratios,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 39(10), pages 1253-1265.
- Hsiang-Tai Lee & Jonathan Yoder, 2005. "A Bivariate Markov Regime Switching GARCH Approach to Estimate Time Varying Minimum Variance Hedge Ratios," Econometrics 0506009, EconWPA.
- Bollerslev, Tim, 1990. "Modelling the Coherence in Short-run Nominal Exchange Rates: A Multivariate Generalized ARCH Model," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 72(3), pages 498-505, August.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:arp:ijefrr:2017:p:303-314 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
KeywordsHedging performance; hedging ratio; BEKK model; minimum variance; mean variance;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:usm:journl:aamjaf00701_111-130. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Journal Division, Penerbit Universiti Sains Malaysia). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/aammmea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.