Testing the export-led growth hypothesis: evidence from Jordan
The purpose of this study is to empirically investigate the export-led growth hypothesis in Jordan over the period 1976-1997. The empirical results from three bivariate models of VAR-L, VAR-D and ECM indicate a unidirectional causation from exports to output. These findings lend support to the export-oriented growth strategy pursued by Jordan. In promoting faster economic growth, such government institutions as Free Zones Corporations, Jordan Investment Board and Jordan Export Development Corporation should continue pursuing their mission in attracting foreign investments and boosting exports.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Volume (Year): 11 (2004)
Issue (Month): 6 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.tandfonline.com/RAEL20|
|Order Information:||Web: http://www.tandfonline.com/pricing/journal/RAEL20|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Hakkio, Craig S. & Rush, Mark, 1991.
"Cointegration: how short is the long run?,"
Journal of International Money and Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 10(4), pages 571-581, December.
- Craig S. Hakkio & Mark Rush, 1990. "Cointegration: how short is the long run?," Research Working Paper 90-08, Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City.
- Epaminondas Panas & George Vamvoukas, 2002. "Further evidence on the Export-Led Growth Hypothesis," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 9(11), pages 731-735.
- A. F. Darrat & M. K. Hsu & M. Zhong, 2000. "Testing export exogeneity in Taiwan: further evidence," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 7(9), pages 563-567.
- Engle, Robert & Granger, Clive, 2015. "Co-integration and error correction: Representation, estimation, and testing," Applied Econometrics, Publishing House "SINERGIA PRESS", vol. 39(3), pages 106-135.
- Engle, Robert F & Granger, Clive W J, 1987. "Co-integration and Error Correction: Representation, Estimation, and Testing," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 55(2), pages 251-276, March.