Application of the Rural Development Index to Analysis of Rural Regions in Poland and Slovakia
No abstract is available for this item.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Volume (Year): 105 (2012)
Issue (Month): 1 (January)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.springer.com|
|Order Information:||Web: http://www.springer.com/economics/journal/11135|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Charles M. Tiebout, 1956. "A Pure Theory of Local Expenditures," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 64, pages 416-416.
- Easterlin, Richard A, 2001. "Income and Happiness: Towards an Unified Theory," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 111(473), pages 465-484, July.
- Adama Konseiga, 2007.
"Household Migration Decisions as Survival Strategy: The Case of Burkina Faso,"
Journal of African Economies,
Centre for the Study of African Economies (CSAE), vol. 16(2), pages 198-233, March.
- Konseiga, Adama, 2005. "Household Migration Decisions as Survival Strategy: The Case of Burkina Faso," IZA Discussion Papers 1819, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Rahman, Tauhidur & Mittelhammer, Ron C. & Wandschneider, Philip, 2005. "Measuring the Quality of Life across Countries: A Sensitivity Analysis of Well-being Indices," WIDER Working Paper Series 006, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Michela Nardo & Michaela Saisana & Andrea Saltelli & Stefano Tarantola & Anders Hoffman & Enrico Giovannini, 2005. "Handbook on Constructing Composite Indicators: Methodology and User Guide," OECD Statistics Working Papers 2005/3, OECD Publishing.
- Grasso, Marco & Canova, Luciano, 2007.
"An assessment of the quality of life in the European Union based on the social indicators approach,"
1785, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Marco Grasso & Luciano Canova, 2008. "An Assessment of the Quality of Life in the European Union Based on the Social Indicators Approach," Social Indicators Research: An International and Interdisciplinary Journal for Quality-of-Life Measurement, Springer, vol. 87(1), pages 1-25, May.
- Greenwood, Michael J, et al, 1991. "Migration, Regional Equilibrium, and the Estimation of Compensating Differentials," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 81(5), pages 1382-1390, December.
- Roback, Jennifer, 1982. "Wages, Rents, and the Quality of Life," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 90(6), pages 1257-1278, December.
- Stark, Oded & Bloom, David E, 1985. "The New Economics of Labor Migration," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 75(2), pages 173-178, May.
- Daniel Kahneman & Alan B. Krueger, 2006. "Developments in the Measurement of Subjective Well-Being," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 20(1), pages 3-24, Winter.
- Lars Osberg & Andrew Sharpe, 2002. "International Comparisons of Trends in Economic Well-being," Social Indicators Research: An International and Interdisciplinary Journal for Quality-of-Life Measurement, Springer, vol. 58(1), pages 349-382, June.
- Yuri Andrienko & Sergei Guriev, 2003.
"Determinants of Interregional Mobility in Russia: Evidence from Panel Data,"
William Davidson Institute Working Papers Series
551, William Davidson Institute at the University of Michigan.
- Yuri Andrienko & Sergei Guriev, 2003. "Determinants of interregional mobility in Russia: evidence from panel data," Working Papers w0027, Center for Economic and Financial Research (CEFIR).
- Andrienko, Yuri & Guriev, Sergei, 2003. "Determinants of Interregional Mobility in Russia: Evidence from Panel Data," CEPR Discussion Papers 3835, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Stark, Oded & Taylor, J Edward, 1991.
"Migration Incentives, Migration Types: The Role of Relative Deprivation,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 101(408), pages 1163-1178, September.
- Stark, Oded & Taylor, J. Edward, 1990. "Migration Incentives, Migration Types: The Role Of Relative Deprivation," Working Papers 225854, University of California, Davis, Department of Agricultural and Resource Economics.
- Michael Hagerty & Robert Cummins & Abbott Ferriss & Kenneth Land & Alex Michalos & Mark Peterson & Andrew Sharpe & Joseph Sirgy & Joachim Vogel, 2001. "Quality of Life Indexes for National Policy: Review and Agenda for Research," Social Indicators Research: An International and Interdisciplinary Journal for Quality-of-Life Measurement, Springer, vol. 55(1), pages 1-96, July.
- Taylor, J. Edward & Martin, Philip L., 2001. "Human capital: Migration and rural population change," Handbook of Agricultural Economics, in: B. L. Gardner & G. C. Rausser (ed.), Handbook of Agricultural Economics, edition 1, volume 1, chapter 9, pages 457-511 Elsevier.
- Howard J. Wall & Stratford Douglas, 1999. "Measuring relative quality of life from a cross-migration regression, with an application to Canadian provinces," Working Papers 1999-007, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis.
- Gyourko, Joseph & Tracy, Joseph, 1989.
"The Importance of Local Fiscal Conditions in Analyzing Local Labor Markets,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 97(5), pages 1208-1231, October.
- Joseph Gyourko & Joseph S. Tracy, 1986. "The Importance of Local Fiscal Conditions in Analyzing Local Labor Markets," NBER Working Papers 2040, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Thiess Büttner & Alexander Ebertz, 2007.
"Quality of Life in the Regions - Results for German Counties,"
Ifo Working Paper Series
Ifo Working Paper No. 49, Ifo Institute - Leibniz Institute for Economic Research at the University of Munich.
- Thiess Buettner & Alexander Ebertz, 2009. "Quality of life in the regions: results for German Counties," The Annals of Regional Science, Springer;Western Regional Science Association, vol. 43(1), pages 89-112, March.
- Mincer, Jacob, 1978.
"Family Migration Decisions,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 86(5), pages 749-773, October.
- Steven C. Deller & Tsung-Hsiu (Sue) Tsai & David W. Marcouiller & Donald B.K. English, 2001. "The Role of Amenities and Quality of Life In Rural Economic Growth," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 83(2), pages 352-365.
- Howard J. Wall, 1996. "Voting With Your Feet in the United Kingdom," Archive Discussion Papers 9617, Birkbeck, Department of Economics, Mathematics & Statistics.
- Berger, Mark C. & Blomquist, Glenn C. & Sabirianova Peter, Klara, 2008.
"Compensating differentials in emerging labor and housing markets: Estimates of quality of life in Russian cities,"
Journal of Urban Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 63(1), pages 25-55, January.
- Berger, Mark C. & Blomquist, Glenn C. & Peter, Klara Sabirianova, 2003. "Compensating Differentials in Emerging Labor and Housing Markets: Estimates of Quality of Life in Russian Cities," IZA Discussion Papers 900, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Gabriel, Stuart A. & Mattey, Joe P. & Wascher, William L., 2003.
"Compensating differentials and evolution in the quality-of-life among U.S. states,"
Regional Science and Urban Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 33(5), pages 619-649, September.
- Stuart A. Gabriel & Joe P. Mattey & William L. Wascher, 1996. "Compensating differentials and evolution of the quality-of-life among U.S. states," Working Papers in Applied Economic Theory 96-07, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco.
- Jacob J. de Vries & Peter Nijkamp & Piet Rietveld, 2000. "Alonso's General Theory of Movement: Advances in Spatial Interaction Modeling," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 00-062/3, Tinbergen Institute.
- Sten Johansson, 2002. "Conceptualizing and Measuring Quality of Life for National Policy," Social Indicators Research: An International and Interdisciplinary Journal for Quality-of-Life Measurement, Springer, vol. 58(1), pages 13-32, June.
- Schultz, T Paul, 1982. "Lifetime Migration within Educational Strata in Venezuela: Estimates of a Logistic Model," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 30(3), pages 559-593, April.
- Osberg, Lars & Sharpe, Andrew, 2002. "An Index of Economic Well-Being for Selected OECD Countries," Review of Income and Wealth, International Association for Research in Income and Wealth, vol. 48(3), pages 291-316, September.
- Nathan J. Ashby, 2007. "Economic Freedom and Migration Flows between U.S. States," Southern Economic Journal, Southern Economic Association, vol. 73(3), pages 677-697, January.
- Duncan Black & Vernon Henderson, 1999. "A Theory of Urban Growth," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 107(2), pages 252-284, April.
- Lundberg, Johan, 2002. "Regional growth patterns in Sweden - a search for hot spots," ERSA conference papers ersa02p416, European Regional Science Association.
- Anderson, James E, 1979. "A Theoretical Foundation for the Gravity Equation," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 69(1), pages 106-116, March.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:spr:soinre:v:105:y:2012:i:1:p:1-37. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla)or (Rebekah McClure)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.