Electoral competition in 2-dimensional ideology space with unidimensional commitment
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Marcin Dziubinski & Jaideep Roy, 2008. "Electoral Competition in 2-Dimensional Ideology Space with Unidimensional Commitment," CEDI Discussion Paper Series 08-19, Centre for Economic Development and Institutions(CEDI), Brunel University.
References listed on IDEAS
- Owen, G & Shapley, L S, 1989. "Optimal Location of Candidates in Ideological Space," International Journal of Game Theory, Springer;Game Theory Society, vol. 18(3), pages 339-356.
- Krasa, Stefan & Polborn, Mattias K., 2012.
"Political competition between differentiated candidates,"
Games and Economic Behavior,
Elsevier, vol. 76(1), pages 249-271.
- Stefan Krasa & Mattias Polborn, 2009. "Political Competition between Differentiated Candidates," CESifo Working Paper Series 2560, CESifo Group Munich.
- Aragones, Enriqueta & Palfrey, Thomas R., 2002.
"Mixed Equilibrium in a Downsian Model with a Favored Candidate,"
Journal of Economic Theory,
Elsevier, vol. 103(1), pages 131-161, March.
- Aragones, Enriqueta & Palfrey, Thomas. R., 2000. "Mixed Equilibrium in a Downsian Model With a Favored Candidate," Working Papers 1102, California Institute of Technology, Division of the Humanities and Social Sciences.
- Enriqueta Aragonés & Thomas R. Palfrey, 2000. "Mixed equilibrium in a Downsian model with a favored candidate," Economics Working Papers 502, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra.
- Ansolabehere, Stephen & Snyder, James M, Jr, 2000. "Valence Politics and Equilibrium in Spatial Election Models," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 103(3-4), pages 327-336, June.
- Hummel, Patrick, 2010. "On the nature of equilibria in a Downsian model with candidate valence," Games and Economic Behavior, Elsevier, vol. 70(2), pages 425-445, November.
- Garrett Beeler Asay, 2008. "How does ideology matter in the spatial model of voting?," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 135(3), pages 109-123, June.
- Steven Callander, 2008. "Political Motivations," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 75(3), pages 671-697.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Aragonès, Enriqueta & Xefteris, Dimitrios, 2017. "Voters' private valuation of candidates' quality," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, pages 121-130.
- Xefteris, Dimitrios, 2017.
"Multidimensional electoral competition between differentiated candidates,"
Games and Economic Behavior,
Elsevier, pages 112-121.
- Dimitrios Xefteris, 2015. "Multidimensional electoral competition between differentiated candidates," University of Cyprus Working Papers in Economics 01-2015, University of Cyprus Department of Economics.
- Bernard Grofman & Orestis Troumpounis & Dimitrios Xefteris, 2016. "Electoral competition with primaries and quality asymmetries," Working Papers 135286117, Lancaster University Management School, Economics Department.
- Konstantinos Matakos & Dimitrios Xefteris, 2017. "Divide and rule: redistribution in a model with differentiated candidates," Economic Theory, Springer;Society for the Advancement of Economic Theory (SAET), vol. 63(4), pages 867-902, April.
- Andrei M. Gomberg & Francisco Marhuenda & Ignacio Ortuño-Ortín, 2016.
"Endogenous party platforms: ‘stochastic’ membership,"
Springer;Society for the Advancement of Economic Theory (SAET), vol. 62(4), pages 839-866, October.
- Andrei Gomberg & Francisco Marhuenda & Ignacio Ortuño-Ortín, 2013. "Endogenous party platforms; "Stochastic" Membership," Working Papers 1307, Centro de Investigacion Economica, ITAM.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:spr:sochwe:v:36:y:2011:i:1:p:1-24. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .