Generalized marginal rate of substitution in multiconstraint consumer’s problems and their reciprocal expenditure problems
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Besada, M. & Vazquez, C., 1999. "The generalized marginal rate of substitution," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 31(4), pages 553-560, May.
- Neary, J. P. & Roberts, K. W. S., 1980.
"The theory of household behaviour under rationing,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 13(1), pages 25-42, January.
- Neary, J.P & Roberts, K.W.S, 1978. "The Theory of Household Behaviour under Rationing," The Warwick Economics Research Paper Series (TWERPS) 132, University of Warwick, Department of Economics.
- William J. Baumol, 1973. "Income and Substitution Effects in the Linder Theorem," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 87(4), pages 629-633.
- Cornes,Richard, 1992. "Duality and Modern Economics," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521336017.
- Deaton,Angus & Muellbauer,John, 1980. "Economics and Consumer Behavior," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521296762.
- Caputo, Michael R., 2001. "Further results on Lagrange multipliers with several binding constraints," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 70(3), pages 335-340, March.
- Shefrin, H. M. & Heineke, J. M., 1979. "On duality theory in intertemporal choice with uncertainty," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 3(1), pages 19-23.
- Weber, Christian E., 1998. "A note on Lagrange multipliers with several binding constraints," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 59(1), pages 71-75, April.
- Johnston, Richard S & Larson, Douglas M, 1994. "Focusing the Search for Giffen Behavior," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 32(1), pages 168-174, January.
- Diamond, Peter A & Yaari, Menahem, 1972. "Implications of the Theory of Rationing for Consumer Choice Under Uncertainty," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 62(3), pages 333-343, June.
- M. Hossein Partovi & Michael R. Caputo, 2006. "A Complete Theory Of Comparative Statics For Differentiable Optimization Problems," Metroeconomica, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 57(1), pages 31-67, February.
- Atkinson, A. B. & Stern, N. H., 1979. "A note on the allocation of time," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 3(2), pages 119-123.
- Christian E. Weber, 2005. "Diminishing marginal value of income without apology," Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 57(4), pages 586-609, October.
- Besada, Manuel & Miras, Miguel, 2002. "A note on Lagrange multipliers in the multiple constraint case," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 75(1), pages 141-145, March.
- Richard G. Lipsey & Gideon Rosenbluth, 1971. "A Contribution to the New Theory of Demand: A Rehabilitation of the Giffen Good," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 4(2), pages 131-163, May.
More about this item
KeywordsQuasi-concave programming; Indirect utility function; Marginal rates of substitution; Multiple constraint optimization problems; C61; D11;
- C61 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Mathematical Methods; Programming Models; Mathematical and Simulation Modeling - - - Optimization Techniques; Programming Models; Dynamic Analysis
- D11 - Microeconomics - - Household Behavior - - - Consumer Economics: Theory
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:spr:series:v:2:y:2011:i:3:p:401-421. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.