Was euclid an unnecessarily sophisticated psychologist?
No abstract is available for this item.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Volume (Year): 56 (1991)
Issue (Month): 4 (December)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.springerlink.com/link.asp?id=112911 |
|Order Information:||Web: http://link.springer.de/orders.htm|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- G Rushton & J-C Thill, 1989. "The effect of distance metric on the degree of spatial competition between firms," Environment and Planning A, Pion Ltd, London, vol. 21(4), pages 499-507, April.
- Rao, Vithala R & Sabavala, Darius Jal, 1981. " Inference in Hierarchical Choice Processes from Panel Data," Journal of Consumer Research, University of Chicago Press, vol. 8(1), pages 85-96, June.
- P. Hansen & D. Peeters & J.-F. Thisse, 1982. "An Algorithm for a Constrained Weber Problem," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 28(11), pages 1285-1295, November.
- Charles Sherman, 1972. "Nonmetric multidimensional scaling: A monte carlo study of the basic parameters," Psychometrika, Springer, vol. 37(3), pages 323-355, September.
- Lawrence Hubert & Phipps Arabie, 1985. "Comparing partitions," Journal of Classification, Springer, vol. 2(1), pages 193-218, December.
- Richardson, Harry W. & Anjomani, Ardeshir, 1981. "The diamond city: The case for rectangular grid models," Socio-Economic Planning Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 15(6), pages 295-303.
- Eaton, B. Curtis & Lipsey, Richard G., 1980. "The block metric and the law of markets," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 7(3), pages 337-347, May.
- J. Kruskal, 1964. "Multidimensional scaling by optimizing goodness of fit to a nonmetric hypothesis," Psychometrika, Springer, vol. 29(1), pages 1-27, March.
- Geert Soete & J. Carroll & Wayne DeSarbo, 1987. "Least squares algorithms for constructing constrained ultrametric and additive tree representations of symmetric proximity data," Journal of Classification, Springer, vol. 4(2), pages 155-173, September.
- Roger Shepard, 1974. "Representation of structure in similarity data: Problems and prospects," Psychometrika, Springer, vol. 39(4), pages 373-421, December.
- Schmalensee, R. & Thisse, J.-F., 1986.
"Perceptual maps and the optimal location of new products,"
CORE Discussion Papers
1986020, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Schmalensee, Richard. & Thisse, Jacques François., 1985. "Perceptual maps and the optimal location of new products," Working papers 1722-85., Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Sloan School of Management.
- J. Carroll & Jih-Jie Chang, 1970. "Analysis of individual differences in multidimensional scaling via an n-way generalization of “Eckart-Young” decomposition," Psychometrika, Springer, vol. 35(3), pages 283-319, September.
- J. Gower & P. Legendre, 1986. "Metric and Euclidean properties of dissimilarity coefficients," Journal of Classification, Springer, vol. 3(1), pages 5-48, March.
- Gilles Celeux & Gérard Govaert, 1991. "Clustering criteria for discrete data and latent class models," Journal of Classification, Springer, vol. 8(2), pages 157-176, December.
- Lawrence Hubert, 1984. "Statistical applications of linear assignment," Psychometrika, Springer, vol. 49(4), pages 449-473, December.
- Von Hohenbalken, Balder & West, Douglas S., 1984. "Manhattan versus Euclid : Market areas computed and compared," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 14(1), pages 19-35, February.
- Terrence Dunn & Richard Harshman, 1982. "A multidimensional scaling model for the size-weight illusion," Psychometrika, Springer, vol. 47(1), pages 25-45, March.
- Roger Shepard, 1962. "The analysis of proximities: Multidimensional scaling with an unknown distance function. II," Psychometrika, Springer, vol. 27(3), pages 219-246, September.
- Rashi Glazer & Kent Nakamoto, 1991. "Cognitive Geometry: An Analysis of Structure Underlying Representations of Similarity," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 10(3), pages 205-228.
- J. Ramsay, 1977. "Maximum likelihood estimation in multidimensional scaling," Psychometrika, Springer, vol. 42(2), pages 241-266, June.
- J. Kruskal, 1964. "Nonmetric multidimensional scaling: A numerical method," Psychometrika, Springer, vol. 29(2), pages 115-129, June.
- Roger Shepard, 1962. "The analysis of proximities: Multidimensional scaling with an unknown distance function. I," Psychometrika, Springer, vol. 27(2), pages 125-140, June.
- G D Richardson, 1981. "The appropriateness of using various Minkowskian metrics for representing cognitive configurations," Environment and Planning A, Pion Ltd, London, vol. 13(4), pages 475-485, April.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:spr:psycho:v:56:y:1991:i:4:p:567-587. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn)or (Christopher F Baum)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.