Profit sharing as entry deterrence mechanism
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Hoel, Michael & Moene, Karl O, 1988. " Profit Sharing, Unions and Investments," Scandinavian Journal of Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 90(4), pages 493-505.
- Petrakis, Emmanuel & Vlassis, Minas, 2000. "Endogenous scope of bargaining in a union-oligopoly model: when will firms and unions bargain over employment?," Labour Economics, Elsevier, vol. 7(3), pages 261-281, May.
- Simon P. Anderson & Michael Devereux, 1989. "Profit-Sharing and Optimal Labour Contracts," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 22(2), pages 425-433, May.
- Fung, K. C., 1989. "Profit-sharing and European unemployment," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 33(9), pages 1787-1798, December.
- Fershtman, Chaim & Judd, Kenneth L, 1987. "Equilibrium Incentives in Oligopoly," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 77(5), pages 927-940, December.
- McDonald, Ian M & Solow, Robert M, 1981. "Wage Bargaining and Employment," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 71(5), pages 896-908, December.
- Bill Yang, 1995. "Unionized oligopoly, labor-management cooperation, and international competitiveness," Journal of Economics, Springer, vol. 62(1), pages 33-53, February.
- Anne Gielen & Marcel Kerkhofs & Jan Ours, 2010.
"How performance related pay affects productivity and employment,"
Journal of Population Economics,
Springer;European Society for Population Economics, vol. 23(1), pages 291-301, January.
- Gielen, A. C. & Kerkhofs, M.J.M. & van Ours, J.C., 2010. "How performance related pay affects productivity and employment," Other publications TiSEM 214b2f4b-76bc-4e3a-b936-d, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Vannini, Stefano & Bughin, Jacques, 2000. "To be (unionized) or not to be? A case for cost-raising strategies under Cournot oligopoly," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 44(9), pages 1763-1781, October.
- Jackman, Richard, 1988. "Profit-sharing in a unionised economy with imperfect competition," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 6(1), pages 47-57, March.
- Mukherjee, Arijit & Wang, Leonard F.S., 2013. "Labour union, entry and consumer welfare," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 120(3), pages 603-605.
- Pemberton, James, 1991. " Profit Sharing, Unions and Investment: An Extension," Scandinavian Journal of Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 93(4), pages 577-584.
- Bughin, Jacques, 1999. "The strategic choice of union-oligopoly bargaining agenda," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 17(7), pages 1029-1040, October.
More about this item
KeywordsUnion-oligopoly bargaining; Fixed wage; Profit-sharing; Entry deterrence effect;
- J51 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Labor-Management Relations, Trade Unions, and Collective Bargaining - - - Trade Unions: Objectives, Structure, and Effects
- L13 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - Oligopoly and Other Imperfect Markets
- L20 - Industrial Organization - - Firm Objectives, Organization, and Behavior - - - General
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:spr:portec:v:15:y:2016:i:1:d:10.1007_s10258-016-0113-x. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.