Chinese control over African and global mining—past, present and future
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Demsetz, Harold & Lehn, Kenneth, 1985. "The Structure of Corporate Ownership: Causes and Consequences," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 93(6), pages 1155-1177, December.
- Raphael Kaplinsky & Mike Morris, 2009. "Chinese FDI in Sub-Saharan Africa: Engaging with Large Dragons," The European Journal of Development Research, Palgrave Macmillan;European Association of Development Research and Training Institutes (EADI), vol. 21(4), pages 551-569, September.
- Wilson, Jeffrey D., 2012. "Chinese resource security policies and the restructuring of the Asia-Pacific iron ore market," Resources Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(3), pages 331-339.
- Magnus Ericsson & Olof Löf, 2019. "Mining’s contribution to national economies between 1996 and 2016," Mineral Economics, Springer;Raw Materials Group (RMG);Luleå University of Technology, vol. 32(2), pages 223-250, July.
- Magnus Ericsson & Andreas Tegen, 2016. "Global PGM mining during 40 years—a stable corporate landscape of oligopolistic control," Mineral Economics, Springer;Raw Materials Group (RMG);Luleå University of Technology, vol. 29(1), pages 29-36, April.
- Tang, Pengcheng & Yang, Shuxiang & Yang, Shuwang, 2020. "How to design corporate governance structures to enhance corporate social responsibility in China's mining state-owned enterprises?," Resources Policy, Elsevier, vol. 66(C).
- Zhenbin Rao, 2016. "Consolidating policies on Chinese rare earth resources," Mineral Economics, Springer;Raw Materials Group (RMG);Luleå University of Technology, vol. 29(1), pages 23-28, April.
- Deng, Ping, 2013. "Chinese Outward Direct Investment Research: Theoretical Integration and Recommendations," Management and Organization Review, Cambridge University Press, vol. 9(3), pages 513-539, November.
- David Humphreys, 2015. "The Remaking of the Mining Industry," Palgrave Macmillan Books, Palgrave Macmillan, number 978-1-137-44201-7, Enero.
- Ping Deng, 2013. "Chinese Outward Direct Investment Research: Theoretical Integration and Recommendations. 通过研究中国对外投资发展理论: 现实与建议," Management and Organization Review, The International Association for Chinese Management Research, vol. 9(3), pages 513-539, November.
- Wegenast, Tim & Strüver, Georg & Giesen, Juliane & Krauser, Mario, 2017. "At Africa's Expense? Disaggregating the Social Impact of Chinese Mining Operations," GIGA Working Papers 308, GIGA German Institute of Global and Area Studies.
- Hany Besada & Ben O’Bright, 2017. "Maturing Sino–Africa relations," Third World Quarterly, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 38(3), pages 655-677, March.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Rodrick Molonga Elekeleme & Minjun Hong, 2023. "Testing the environmental Kuznets curve hypothesis in Africa: A focus on the moderating effect of Sino-African economic cooperation1," International Area Studies Review, Center for International Area Studies, Hankuk University of Foreign Studies, vol. 26(2), pages 144-160, June.
- Lisa Depraiter & Stéphane Goutte, 2023. "The role and challenges of Rare Earths in the Energy Transition," Working Papers halshs-04126172, HAL.
- Rachidi, Ntebatše R. & Nwaila, Glen T. & Zhang, Steven E. & Bourdeau, Julie E. & Ghorbani, Yousef, 2021. "Assessing cobalt supply sustainability through production forecasting and implications for green energy policies," Resources Policy, Elsevier, vol. 74(C).
- Xiaoliang Wang & Danlin Yu & Chunhua Yuan, 2021. "Complementary Development between China and Sub-Sahara Africa: Examining China’s Mining Investment Strategies in Africa," Sustainability, MDPI, vol. 13(21), pages 1-19, October.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Xing Zhou & Quan Guo & Ming Zhang, 2021. "Impacts of OFDI on Host Country Energy Consumption and Home Country Energy Efficiency Based on a Belt and Road Perspective," Energies, MDPI, vol. 14(21), pages 1-25, November.
- Xie, En & Reddy, K.S. & Liang, Jie, 2017. "Country-specific determinants of cross-border mergers and acquisitions: A comprehensive review and future research directions," Journal of World Business, Elsevier, vol. 52(2), pages 127-183.
- Yulia Muratova & Jakob Arnoldi & Xin Chen & Joachim Scholderer, 2018. "Political rotations and cross-province firm acquisitions in China," Asian Business & Management, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 17(1), pages 37-58, February.
- Li, Xinjian & Huang, Songshan (Sam) & Song, Changyao, 2017. "China's outward foreign direct investment in tourism," Tourism Management, Elsevier, vol. 59(C), pages 1-6.
- Kevin Michael Fleary & Ye Chunming, 2017. "Huawei Leapfrogging System Integration With TSTT," SAGE Open, , vol. 7(2), pages 21582440176, April.
- Samia Tariq, 2019. "Choice of Market Entry Mode is Contingent on Environment: Integrating the Resource Dependence and Contingency Theory Perspectives," International Journal of Science and Business, IJSAB International, vol. 3(5), pages 173-182.
- Daniel M. Shapiro & Carlos Vecino & Jing Li, 2018. "Exploring China’s state-led FDI model: Evidence from the extractive sectors in Latin America," Asia Pacific Journal of Management, Springer, vol. 35(1), pages 11-37, March.
- Jiang Wei & Yang Yang & Sali Li, 2021. "Mirror or no mirror? Architectural design of cross-border integration of Chinese multinational enterprises," Asia Pacific Journal of Management, Springer, vol. 38(4), pages 1399-1430, December.
- Peter Zámborský & Zheng Joseph Yan & Erwann Sbaï & Matthew Larsen, 2021. "Cross-Border M&A Motives and Home Country Institutions: Role of Regulatory Quality and Dynamics in the Asia-Pacific Region," JRFM, MDPI, vol. 14(10), pages 1-24, October.
- Weilei (Stone) Shi & Sunny Li Sun & Daying Yan & Zhu Zhu, 2017. "Institutional fragility and outward foreign direct investment from China," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 48(4), pages 452-476, May.
- Yan, Zheng Joseph & Zhu, Jiuhua Cherrie & Fan, Di & Kalfadellis, Paul, 2018. "An institutional work view toward the internationalization of emerging market firms," Journal of World Business, Elsevier, vol. 53(5), pages 682-694.
- Le Chang & Jing Li & Kee-Cheok Cheong & Lim-Thye Goh, 2021. "Can Existing Theories Explain China’s Outward Foreign Direct Investment in Belt and Road Countries," Sustainability, MDPI, vol. 13(3), pages 1-17, January.
- Panicker, Vidya Sukumara & Upadhyayula, Rajesh Srinivas & Sivakumar, Sandeep, 2022. "Internationalization of hybrid state-owned enterprises from emerging markets: Institutional investors as enablers," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 151(C), pages 409-422.
- Yin, Tong & De Propris, Lisa & Jabbour, Liza, 2021. "Assessing the effects of policies on China’s outward foreign direct investment," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 30(5).
- Penghua Qiao & Mengli Lv & Yuping Zeng, 2020. "R&D Intensity, Domestic Institutional Environment, and SMEs’ OFDI in Emerging Markets," Management International Review, Springer, vol. 60(6), pages 939-973, December.
- Peng, Fei & Kang, Lili & Yang, Xiaocong, 2014. "Institutional Monitoring, Coordination and Acquisition Decision in Chinese Public Listed Companies," MPRA Paper 63746, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Anderson, John & Sutherland, Dylan & Severe, Sean, 2015. "An event study of home and host country patent generation in Chinese MNEs undertaking strategic asset acquisitions in developed markets," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 24(5), pages 758-771.
- Chong Wu & Fang Huang & Caihong Huang & Huiming Zhang, 2018. "Entry Mode, Market Selection, and Innovation Performance," Sustainability, MDPI, vol. 10(11), pages 1-24, November.
- Paul, Justin & Feliciano-Cestero, María M., 2021. "Five decades of research on foreign direct investment by MNEs: An overview and research agenda," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 124(C), pages 800-812.
- Miaojie Yu, 2020. "China-US Trade War and Trade Talk," Springer Books, Springer, number 978-981-15-3785-1, September.
More about this item
KeywordsMining; Control; Ownership; China; Africa; FDI; State-owned enterprises;
All these keywords.
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:spr:minecn:v:33:y:2020:i:1:d:10.1007_s13563-020-00233-4. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Sonal Shukla or Springer Nature Abstracting and Indexing (email available below). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.