Explaining welfare recidivism: what role do unemployment and initial spells have?
No abstract is available for this item.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Volume (Year): 23 (2010)
Issue (Month): 1 (January)
|Contact details of provider:|| Phone: +43-70-2468-8236|
Web page: http://link.springer.de/link/service/journals/00148/index.htm
More information through EDIRC
|Order Information:||Web: http://link.springer.de/orders.htm|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- G. Sandefur & S. Cook, . "Duration of Public Assistance Receipt: Is Welfare a Trap?," Institute for Research on Poverty Discussion Papers 1129-97, University of Wisconsin Institute for Research on Poverty.
- Donald Bruce & Karie Barbour & Angela Thacker, 2004. "Welfare Program Reentry among Postreform Leavers," Southern Economic Journal, Southern Economic Association, vol. 70(4), pages 816-836, April.
- Sheldon Danziger & Colleen M. Heflin & Mary Corcoran & Elizabeth Oltmans, 2002. "Does it Pay to Move from Welfare to Work?," JCPR Working Papers 254, Northwestern University/University of Chicago Joint Center for Poverty Research.
- P. D. Brandon, . "Vulnerability to future dependence among former AFDC mothers," Institute for Research on Poverty Discussion Papers 1055-95, University of Wisconsin Institute for Research on Poverty.
- Blank, Rebecca M & Ruggles, Patricia, 1994. "Short-Term Recidivism among Public-Assistance Recipients," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 84(2), pages 49-53, May.
- Maria Melkersson & Jan Saarela, 2004. "Welfare participation and welfare dependence among the unemployed," Journal of Population Economics, Springer, vol. 17(3), pages 409-431, 08.
- Bruce D. Meyer, 1988.
"Unemployment Insurance And Unemployment Spells,"
NBER Working Papers
2546, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Maria Cancian & Daniel R. Meyer, 2004. "Alternative measures of economic success among TANF participants: Avoiding poverty, hardship, and dependence on public assistance," Journal of Policy Analysis and Management, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 23(3), pages 531-548.
- Keng, Shao-Hsun & Garasky, Steven & Jensen, Helen H., 2002.
"Welfare Dependence and Recidivism in an Era of Welfare Reform,"
Staff General Research Papers
1871, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Shao-Hsun Keng & Steven Garasky & Helen Jensen, 2002. "Welfare dependence and recidivism in an era of welfare reform," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 34(18), pages 2311-2323.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:spr:jopoec:v:23:y:2010:i:1:p:373-392. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn)or (Christopher F Baum)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.