Explaining welfare recidivism: what role do unemployment and initial spells have?
No abstract is available for this item.
Volume (Year): 23 (2010)
Issue (Month): 1 (January)
|Contact details of provider:|| Phone: +43-70-2468-8236|
Web page: http://link.springer.de/link/service/journals/00148/index.htmEmail:
More information through EDIRC
|Order Information:||Web: http://link.springer.de/orders.htm|
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Donald Bruce & Karie Barbour & Angela Thacker, 2004. "Welfare Program Reentry among Postreform Leavers," Southern Economic Journal, Southern Economic Association, vol. 70(4), pages 816-836, April.
- Maria Melkersson & Jan Saarela, 2004. "Welfare participation and welfare dependence among the unemployed," Journal of Population Economics, Springer, vol. 17(3), pages 409-431, 08.
- P. D. Brandon, . "Vulnerability to future dependence among former AFDC mothers," Institute for Research on Poverty Discussion Papers 1055-95, University of Wisconsin Institute for Research on Poverty.
- G. Sandefur & S. Cook, . "Duration of Public Assistance Receipt: Is Welfare a Trap?," Institute for Research on Poverty Discussion Papers 1129-97, University of Wisconsin Institute for Research on Poverty.
- Bruce D. Meyer, 1988.
"Unemployment Insurance And Unemployment Spells,"
NBER Working Papers
2546, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Sheldon Danziger & Colleen M. Heflin & Mary Corcoran & Elizabeth Oltmans, 2002. "Does it Pay to Move from Welfare to Work?," JCPR Working Papers 254, Northwestern University/University of Chicago Joint Center for Poverty Research.
- Blank, Rebecca M & Ruggles, Patricia, 1994. "Short-Term Recidivism among Public-Assistance Recipients," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 84(2), pages 49-53, May.
- Shao-Hsun Keng & Steven Garasky & Helen Jensen, 2002.
"Welfare dependence and recidivism in an era of welfare reform,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 34(18), pages 2311-2323.
- Keng, Shao-Hsun & Garasky, Steven & Jensen, Helen H., 2002. "Welfare Dependence and Recidivism in an Era of Welfare Reform," Staff General Research Papers 1871, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Maria Cancian & Daniel R. Meyer, 2004. "Alternative measures of economic success among TANF participants: Avoiding poverty, hardship, and dependence on public assistance," Journal of Policy Analysis and Management, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 23(3), pages 531-548.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:spr:jopoec:v:23:y:2010:i:1:p:373-392. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn)or (Christopher F Baum)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.