On Aumann and Serrano’s economic index of risk
We study the risk index of an additive gamble proposed in Aumann and Serrano (J Political Econ 116(5):810–836, 2008 ). We establish a generalized duality result for this index and use it to prove Yaari (J Econ Theory 1:315–329, 1969 ) alternative characterization of DARA utilities. A new characterization result for the risk index is obtained through essentially monotonic risk aversion utilities. We also extend the domain of gambles by introducing a price for gambles. We then develop a theory on the risk index for multiplicative gambles. Relative risk aversion functions for multiplicative gambles play the same role as absolute risk aversion functions for additive gambles. Copyright Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg 2014
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Volume (Year): 55 (2014)
Issue (Month): 2 (February)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://link.springer.de/link/service/journals/00199/index.htm|
|Order Information:||Web: http://link.springer.de/orders.htm|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Robert J. Aumann & Roberto Serrano, 2006.
"An Economic Index of Riskiness,"
2006-20, Brown University, Department of Economics.
- Roberto Serrano & Robert J. Aumann, 2007. "An Economic Index Of Riskiness," Working Papers wp2007_0706, CEMFI.
- Robert J. Aumann & Roberto Serrano, 2007. "An Economic Index of Riskiness," Discussion Paper Series dp446, The Federmann Center for the Study of Rationality, the Hebrew University, Jerusalem.
- Robert J. Aumann & Roberto Serrano, 2007. "An Economic Index of Riskiness," Levine's Bibliography 321307000000000836, UCLA Department of Economics.
- Robert J. Aumann & Roberto Serrano, 2007. "An economic index of riskiness," Working Papers 2007-08, Instituto Madrileño de Estudios Avanzados (IMDEA) Ciencias Sociales.
- Robert J. Aumann & Roberto Serrano, 2006. "An Economic Index of Riskiness," Levine's Bibliography 321307000000000585, UCLA Department of Economics.
- James C. Cox & Vjollca Sadiraj & Bodo Vogt & Utteeyo Dasgupta, 2007. "Is There A Plausible Theory for Risky Decisions?," Experimental Economics Center Working Paper Series 2007-05, Experimental Economics Center, Andrew Young School of Policy Studies, Georgia State University, revised Apr 2008.
- Yi-Chun Chen & Xiao Luo, 2012. "An indistinguishability result on rationalizability under general preferences," Economic Theory, Springer, vol. 51(1), pages 1-12, September.
- Yaari, Menahem E., 1969. "Some remarks on measures of risk aversion and on their uses," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 1(3), pages 315-329, October.
- Alain Chateauneuf & Michéle Cohen & Isaac Meilijson, 2005.
"More pessimism than greediness: a characterization of monotone risk aversion in the rank-dependent expected utility model,"
Springer, vol. 25(3), pages 649-667, 04.
- Chateauneuf, A. & Cohen, M. & Meilijson, I., 1997. "More Pessimism than Greediness: A Characterization of Monotone Risk Aversion in the Rank-Dependant Expected Utility Model," Papiers d'Economie MathÃ©matique et Applications 97.53, UniversitÃ© PanthÃ©on-Sorbonne (Paris 1).
- Alain Chateauneuf & Michèle Cohen & Isaac Meilijson, 2005. "More pessimism than greediness: a characterization of monotone risk aversion in the Rank-Dependent Expected Utility model," Université Paris1 Panthéon-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) halshs-00211906, HAL.
- Philippe Artzner & Freddy Delbaen & Jean-Marc Eber & David Heath, 1999. "Coherent Measures of Risk," Mathematical Finance, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 9(3), pages 203-228.
- Lars Nielsen, 2005.
"Monotone risk aversion,"
Springer, vol. 25(1), pages 203-215, 01.
- repec:hal:journl:halshs-00211906 is not listed on IDEAS
- James Cox & Vjollca Sadiraj & Bodo Vogt & Utteeyo Dasgupta, 2013. "Is there a plausible theory for decision under risk? A dual calibration critique," Economic Theory, Springer, vol. 54(2), pages 305-333, October.
- Harry Markowitz, 1952. "Portfolio Selection," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 7(1), pages 77-91, 03.
- Jon Eguia, 2013. "On the spatial representation of preference profiles," Economic Theory, Springer, vol. 52(1), pages 103-128, January.
- Dybvig, Philip H & Lippman, Steven A, 1983. "An Alternative Characterization of Decreasing Absolute Risk Aversion," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 51(1), pages 223-24, January.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:spr:joecth:v:55:y:2014:i:2:p:415-437. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn)or (Christopher F Baum)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.