Work-related Migration and Unemployment
[Beschäftigungsmotivierte Umzüge und Arbeitslosigkeit]
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Bender, Stefan & Koch, Susanne & Meßmann, Susanne & Walwei, Ulrich, 2007. "Was muten sich Arbeitslose zu? : Lohnkonzessionen von ALG-II-Empfängern," IAB Discussion Paper 200723, Institut für Arbeitsmarkt- und Berufsforschung (IAB), Nürnberg [Institute for Employment Research, Nuremberg, Germany].
- Arntz, Melanie, 2005. "The Geographical Mobility of Unemployed Workers: Evidence from West Germany," ZEW Discussion Papers 05-34, ZEW - Leibniz Centre for European Economic Research.
- Larry A. Sjaastad, 1962. "The Costs and Returns of Human Migration," NBER Chapters, in: Investment in Human Beings, pages 80-93, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Linneman, Peter & Graves, Philip E., 1983.
"Migration and job change: A multinomial logit approach,"
Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 14(3), pages 263-279, November.
- Linneman, Peter D. & Graves, Philip E., 1983. "Migration and job change: a multinomial logit approach," MPRA Paper 19922, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Chiswick, Barry R, 1978. "The Effect of Americanization on the Earnings of Foreign-born Men," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 86(5), pages 897-921, October.
- DaVanzo, Julie, 1978. "Does Unemployment Affect Migration?-Evidence from Micro Data," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 60(4), pages 504-514, November.
- Glocker, Daniela & Steiner, Viktor, 2011. "Returns to education across Europe: A comparative analysis for selected EU countries," Discussion Papers 2011/15, Free University Berlin, School of Business & Economics.
- Larry Long, 1973. "Migration differentials by education and occupation: Trends and variations," Demography, Springer;Population Association of America (PAA), vol. 10(2), pages 243-258, May.
- Dujardin, Claire & Goffette-Nagot, Florence, 2010.
"Neighborhood effects on unemployment?: A test à la Altonji,"
Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 40(6), pages 380-396, November.
- DUJARDIN, Claire & GOFFETTE-NAGOT, Florence, 2009. "Neighborhood effects on unemployment ? A test à la Altonji," CORE Discussion Papers 2009084, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Claire Dujardin & Florence Goffette-Nagot, 2009. "Neighborhood effects on unemployment ? A test à la Altonji," Working Papers 0924, Groupe d'Analyse et de Théorie Economique Lyon St-Étienne (GATE Lyon St-Étienne), Université de Lyon.
- Claire Dujardin & Florence Goffette-Nagot, 2010. "Neighborhood effects on unemployment ? A test à la Altonji," Post-Print halshs-00435119, HAL.
- DUJARDIN, Claire & GOFFETTE-NAGOT, Florence, 2010. "Neighborhood effects on unemployment? A test à la Altonji," CORE Discussion Papers RP 2262, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Mincer, Jacob, 1978. "Family Migration Decisions," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 86(5), pages 749-773, October.
- Viktor Steiner, 2001. "Unemployment Persistence in the West German Labour Market: Negative Duration Dependence or Sorting?," Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 63(1), pages 91-113, February.
- Ahn, N. & de la Rica, S. & Ugidos, A., 1998.
"Willingness to Move for Work and Unemployment Duration in Spain,"
9801, Centro de Estudios Monetarios Y Financieros-.
- Namkee Ahn & Sara de la Rica & Arantza Ugidos, 1998. "Willingness to Move for Work and Unemployment Duration in Spain," Working Papers wp1998_9801, CEMFI.
- Greenwood, Michael J, 1975. "Research on Internal Migration in the United States: A Survey," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 13(2), pages 397-433, June.
- James J. Heckman & Hidehiko Ichimura & Petra Todd, 1998. "Matching As An Econometric Evaluation Estimator," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 65(2), pages 261-294.
More about this item
KeywordsInterregional mobility; Unemployment; Migration; Germany;
- J62 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Mobility, Unemployment, Vacancies, and Immigrant Workers - - - Job, Occupational and Intergenerational Mobility; Promotion
- J64 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Mobility, Unemployment, Vacancies, and Immigrant Workers - - - Unemployment: Models, Duration, Incidence, and Job Search
- C35 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Multiple or Simultaneous Equation Models; Multiple Variables - - - Discrete Regression and Qualitative Choice Models; Discrete Regressors; Proportions
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:spr:jlabrs:v:47:y:2014:i:3:d:10.1007_s12651-014-0160-7. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Springer Nature Abstracting and Indexing). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.