Firm Positioning and Performance in ICT Industry Sectors
The industry dynamics has been addressed to provide insights to the industry development and convergence between different industry groups based on the alliance formation. Further, companies have been clustered according to their asset structure and R&D performance. We investigate how the cluster positioning characterizes the selected network and performance indicators. The findings of the study suggest that firm performance and network indicators vary significantly between the cluster positioning. Furthermore, the company value seems to remain the same regardless of the positioning strategy. This shows that companies are able to create value with various strategies inside the investigated ICT sector. Copyright Springer Science+Business Media, LLC 2012
Volume (Year): 3 (2012)
Issue (Month): 4 (December)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.springer.com|
Web page: http://www.picmet.org/main/
|Order Information:||Web: http://www.springer.com/economics/journal/13132|
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- David J. TEECE, 2008.
"Profiting from technological innovation: Implications for integration, collaboration, licensing and public policy,"
World Scientific Book Chapters,in: The Transfer And Licensing Of Know-How And Intellectual Property Understanding the Multinational Enterprise in the Modern World, chapter 5, pages 67-87
World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd..
- Teece, David J., 1986. "Profiting from technological innovation: Implications for integration, collaboration, licensing and public policy," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 15(6), pages 285-305, December.
- Teece, David J., 1993. "Profiting from technological innovation: Implications for integration, collaboration, licensing and public policy," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 22(2), pages 112-113, April.
- David J. Teece, 2003. "Profiting from Technological Innovation: Implications for Integration, Collaboration, Licensing and Public Policy," World Scientific Book Chapters,in: Essays In Technology Management And Policy Selected Papers of David J Teece, chapter 2, pages 11-46 World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd..
- Mark Jenkins & Stephen Tallman, 2010. "The shifting geography of competitive advantage: clusters, networks and firms," Journal of Economic Geography, Oxford University Press, vol. 10(4), pages 599-618, July.
- Nooteboom, Bart & Van Haverbeke, Wim & Duysters, Geert & Gilsing, Victor & van den Oord, Ad, 2007. "Optimal cognitive distance and absorptive capacity," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(7), pages 1016-1034, September.
- Nooteboom, B. & Vanheverbeke, W.P.M. & Duysters, G.M. & Gilsing, V.A. & Oord van den, A,J,, 2005. "Optimal cognitive distance and absorptive capacity," Working Papers 05.05, Eindhoven Center for Innovation Studies.
- Nooteboom, B. & Vanhaverbeke, W.P.M. & Duijsters, G.M. & Gilsing, V.A. & Oord, A., 2006. "Optimal Cognitive Distance and Absorptive Capacity," Discussion Paper 2006-33, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Andrea Morrison & Roberta Rabellotti, 2008. "Knowledge and Information Networks in an Italian Wine Cluster," European Planning Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 17(7), pages 983-1006, August.
- Nickell, Stephen J, 1996. "Competition and Corporate Performance," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 104(4), pages 724-746, August.
- Nickell, S.J., 1993. "Competition and Crporate Performance," Economics Series Working Papers 99155, University of Oxford, Department of Economics.
- Stephen Nickell, 1993. "Competition and Corporate Performance," CEP Discussion Papers dp0182, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Rodríguez Monroy, Carlos & Vilana Arto, José Ramón, 2010. "Analysis of global manufacturing virtual networks in the aeronautical industry," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 126(2), pages 314-323, August.
- Mary Schoonmaker & Elias Carayannis, 2010. "Assessing the Value of Regional Innovation Networks," Journal of the Knowledge Economy, Springer;Portland International Center for Management of Engineering and Technology (PICMET), vol. 1(1), pages 48-66, March. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:spr:jknowl:v:3:y:2012:i:4:p:406-420. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla)or (Rebekah McClure)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.