Wanting more than you have and it’s Consequences for Well-being
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Richins, Marsha L & Dawson, Scott, 1992. " A Consumer Values Orientation for Materialism and Its Measurement: Scale Development and Validation," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 19(3), pages 303-316, December.
- Burroughs, James E & Rindfleisch, Aric, 2002. " Materialism and Well-Being: A Conflicting Values Perspective," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 29(3), pages 348-370, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Donnelly, Grant & Iyer, Ravi & Howell, Ryan T., 2012. "The Big Five personality traits, material values, and financial well-being of self-described money managers," Journal of Economic Psychology, Elsevier, vol. 33(6), pages 1129-1142.
- Michael Mutz, 2016. "Christmas and Subjective Well-Being: a Research Note," Applied Research in Quality of Life, Springer;International Society for Quality-of-Life Studies, vol. 11(4), pages 1341-1356, December.
- Esther Lau & Sing-Hang Cheung & Jasmine Lam & C. Hui & Shu-Fai Cheung & Doris Mok, 2015. "Purpose-Driven Life: Life Goals as a Predictor of Quality of Life and Psychological Health," Journal of Happiness Studies, Springer, vol. 16(5), pages 1163-1184, October.
- Talya Miron-Shatz & Ed Diener & Glen M. Doniger & Tyler Moore & Shimon Saphire-Bernstein, 2013. "Charting the internal landscape: Affect associated with thoughts about major life domains explains life satisfaction," Judgment and Decision Making, Society for Judgment and Decision Making, vol. 8(5), pages 603-616, September.
More about this item
KeywordsWanting more; Happiness; well-being; Materialism; Have-want discrepancies; Wanting what one has; Desire fulfillment;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:spr:jhappi:v:12:y:2011:i:5:p:877-885. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.