Food access and children’s BMI in Toronto, Ontario: assessing how the food environment relates to overweight and obesity
Addressing several limitations in the literature, the findings confirm an association between the food retail environment and body weight. Density of healthy food outlets and distance to the nearest supermarket are important factors to be considered in addressing the childhood obesity pandemic. Copyright Swiss School of Public Health 2015
Volume (Year): 60 (2015)
Issue (Month): 1 (January)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.springer.com|
|Order Information:||Web: http://www.springer.com/economics/journal/00038|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- repec:aph:ajpbhl:10.2105/ajph.2009.187567_3 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:mpr:mprres:3740 is not listed on IDEAS
- Powell, Lisa M. & Bao, Yanjun, 2009. "Food prices, access to food outlets and child weight," Economics & Human Biology, Elsevier, vol. 7(1), pages 64-72, March.
- Chou, Shin-Yi & Grossman, Michael & Saffer, Henry, 2004.
"An economic analysis of adult obesity: results from the Behavioral Risk Factor Surveillance System,"
Journal of Health Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 23(3), pages 565-587, May.
- Shin-Yi Chou & Michael Grossman & Henry Saffer, 2002. "An Economic Analysis of Adult Obesity: Results from the Behavioral Risk Factor Surveillance System," NBER Working Papers 9247, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Scott Leatherdale & Theodora Pouliou & Dana Church & Erin Hobin, 2011. "The association between overweight and opportunity structures in the built environment: a multi-level analysis among elementary school youth in the PLAY-ON study," International Journal of Public Health, Springer;Swiss School of Public Health (SSPH+), vol. 56(3), pages 237-246, June.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:spr:ijphth:v:60:y:2015:i:1:p:69-77. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla)or (Rebekah McClure)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.