An Economic Definition of the Middle Class
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Jantti, Markus & Jenkins, Stephen P., 2013.
ISER Working Paper Series
2013-23, Institute for Social and Economic Research.
- Jäntti, Markus & Jenkins, Stephen P., 2013. "Income Mobility," IZA Discussion Papers 7730, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Markus Jäntti & Stephen P. Jenkins, 2013. "Income Mobility," SOEPpapers on Multidisciplinary Panel Data Research 607, DIW Berlin, The German Socio-Economic Panel (SOEP).
- Markus Jantti & Stephen P. Jenkins, 2014. "Income Mobility," Working Papers 319, ECINEQ, Society for the Study of Economic Inequality.
- Mary C. Daly, 1997. "The "shrinking" middle class?," FRBSF Economic Letter, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco, issue mar7.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Marcella Corsi & Carlo D'Ippoliti, 2013. "Class and gender in Europe, before and during the economic crisis," Working Papers CEB 13-027, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Beach, Charles M., 2014. "What Has Happened to Middle-Class Earnings? Distributional Shifts in Earnings in Canada, 1970-2005," CLSSRN working papers clsrn_admin-2014-13, Vancouver School of Economics, revised 26 Mar 2014.
- Eisenhauer, Joseph G., 2011. "The rich, the poor, and the middle class: Thresholds and intensity indices," Research in Economics, Elsevier, vol. 65(4), pages 294-304, December.
More about this item
KeywordsMiddle class; Wealthy; Potential non-labor income; D31; I31; J11; N32;
- D31 - Microeconomics - - Distribution - - - Personal Income and Wealth Distribution
- I31 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Welfare, Well-Being, and Poverty - - - General Welfare, Well-Being
- J11 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demographic Economics - - - Demographic Trends, Macroeconomic Effects, and Forecasts
- N32 - Economic History - - Labor and Consumers, Demography, Education, Health, Welfare, Income, Wealth, Religion, and Philanthropy - - - U.S.; Canada: 1913-
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:spr:fosoec:v:37:y:2008:i:2:p:103-113. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .