What is unemployment in Europe? Concepts and measurement in the European community household panel
No abstract is available for this item.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Volume (Year): 40 (2011)
Issue (Month): 3 (May)
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Josefstädter Straße 39, 1080 Wien|
Phone: ++43 - (0)1 - 599 91 - 0
Fax: ++43 - (0)1 - 599 91 - 555
Web page: http://link.springer.de/link/service/journals/00181/index.htm
More information through EDIRC
|Order Information:||Web: http://link.springer.de/orders.htm|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Andrea Brandolini & Piero Cipollone & Eliana Viviano, 2006.
"Does The Ilo Definition Capture All Unemployment?,"
Journal of the European Economic Association,
MIT Press, vol. 4(1), pages 153-179, 03.
- Richard B. Freeman & David A. Wise, 1982.
"The Youth Labor Market Problem: Its Nature, Causes, and Consequences,"
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc, number free82-1, March.
- Richard B. Freeman & David A. Wise, 1982. "The Youth Labor Market Problem: Its Nature Causes and Consequences," NBER Chapters, in: The Youth Labor Market Problem: Its Nature, Causes, and Consequences, pages 1-16 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Elke Holst & C. Katharina Spieß, 2004. "The Transition into Work: Specialities for the Hidden Labour Force," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 428, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Stephen R. G. Jones & W. Craig Riddell, .
"The Measurement Of Unemployment: An Empirical Approach,"
Canadian International Labour Network Working Papers
09, McMaster University.
- Stephen R. G. Jones & W. Craig Riddell, 1999. "The Measurement of Unemployment: An Empirical Approach," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 67(1), pages 147-162, January.
- Füsun Gönül, 1992. "New Evidence on Whether Unemployment and out of the Labor Force are Distinct States," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 27(2), pages 329-361.
- Franco Peracchi, 2002. "The European Community Household Panel: A review," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 27(1), pages 63-90.
- Tano, Doki K., 1991. "Are unemployment and out of the labor force behaviorally distinct labor force states? : New evidence from the gross change data," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 36(1), pages 113-117, May.
- Geeta G. Kingdon & John B. Knight, 2000.
"Are searching and non-searching unemployment distinct states when unemployment is high? The case of South Africa,"
CSAE Working Paper Series
2000-02, Centre for the Study of African Economies, University of Oxford.
- Geeta Kingdon & John Knight, 2000. "Are Searching and Non-searching Unemployment Distinct States when Unemployment is High? The Case of South Africa," Economics Series Working Papers WPS/2000-02, University of Oxford, Department of Economics.
- Stephen R. G. Jones & W. Craig Riddell, 2006.
"Unemployment and Nonemployment: Heterogeneities in Labor Market States,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics,
MIT Press, vol. 88(2), pages 314-323, May.
- Stephen R.G. Jones & W. Craig Riddell, 2002. "Unemployment and Non-Employment: Heterogeneities in Labour Market States," Department of Economics Working Papers 2002-05, McMaster University.
- Christopher J. Flinn & James J. Heckman, 1982.
"Are Unemployment and Out of the Labor Force Behaviorally Distinct Labor Force States?,"
NBER Working Papers
0979, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Flinn, Christopher J & Heckman, James J, 1983. "Are Unemployment and Out of the Labor Force Behaviorally Distinct Labor Force States?," Journal of Labor Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 1(1), pages 28-42, January.
- Matteo Richiardi, 2002. "What Does the ECHP Tell Us About Labour Status Misperception: a Journey in Less Known Regions of Labour Discomfort," LABORatorio R. Revelli Working Papers Series 10, LABORatorio R. Revelli, Centre for Employment Studies.
- Benati, Luca, 2001. "Some empirical evidence on the 'discouraged worker' effect," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 70(3), pages 387-395, March.
- Murphy, Kevin M & Topel, Robert H, 1997. "Unemployment and Nonemployment," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 87(2), pages 295-300, May.
- Garrido, Luis & Toharia, Luis, 2004. "What does it take to be (counted as) unemployed? The case of Spain," Labour Economics, Elsevier, vol. 11(4), pages 507-523, August.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:spr:empeco:v:40:y:2011:i:3:p:705-728. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla)or (Christopher F Baum)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.