New Evidence on Whether Unemployment and out of the Labor Force are Distinct States
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Aysit Tansel & H. Mehmet Taşçı, 2010.
"Hazard Analysis of Unemployment Duration by Gender in a Developing Country: The Case of Turkey,"
CEIS, vol. 24(4), pages 501-530, December.
- Aysit Tansel & H. Mehmet Tasci, 2009. "Hazard Analysis of Unemployment Duration by Gender in a Developing Country: The Case of Turkey," ERC Working Papers 0903, ERC - Economic Research Center, Middle East Technical University, revised Oct 2009.
- Aysit Tansel & H.Mehmet Tasçi, 2010. "Hazard Analysis Of Unemployment Duration By Gender In A Developing Country: The Case Of Turkey," Working Papers 2010/6, Turkish Economic Association.
- Tansel, Aysit & Tasci, H. Mehmet, 2010. "Hazard Analysis of Unemployment Duration by Gender in a Developing Country: The Case of Turkey," IZA Discussion Papers 4844, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Aysit Tansel & H.Mehmet Tasçi, 2010. "Hazard Analysis of Unemployment Duration by Gender in A Developing Country: The Case of Turkey," Working Papers 521, Economic Research Forum, revised 05 Jan 2010.
- Byrne, David & Strobl, Eric, 2004.
"Defining unemployment in developing countries: evidence from Trinidad and Tobago,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 73(1), pages 465-476, February.
- Strobl, Eric & Byrne, David, 2002. "Defining Unemployment in Developing Countries: Evidence from Trinidad and Tobago," IZA Discussion Papers 659, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Andrea Brandolini & Piero Cipollone & Eliana Viviano, 2006. "Does The Ilo Definition Capture All Unemployment?," Journal of the European Economic Association, MIT Press, vol. 4(1), pages 153-179, March.
- Patrick A. Puhani, 2002.
"The Rise and Fall of Swiss Unemployment - Relative Demand Shocks, Wage Rigidities, and Temporary Immigrants,"
University of St. Gallen Department of Economics working paper series 2002
2002-29, Department of Economics, University of St. Gallen.
- Puhani, Patrick A., 2003. "The Rise and Fall of Swiss Unemployment: Relative Demand Shocks, Wage Rigidities, and Temporary Immigrants," IZA Discussion Papers 684, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Goldsmith, Arthur H. & Veum, Jonathan R. & Darity, William Jr., 1995. "Are being unemployed and being out of the labor force distinct states?: A psychological approach," Journal of Economic Psychology, Elsevier, vol. 16(2), pages 275-295, July.
- Aico Van Vuuren & Gerard J. Van Den Berg & Geert Ridder, 2000.
"Measuring the equilibrium effects of unemployment benefits dispersion,"
Journal of Applied Econometrics,
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 15(6), pages 547-574.
- Aico van Vuuren & Gerard J. van den Berg & Geert Ridder, 1999. "Measuring the Equilibrium Effects of Unemployment Benefits Dispersion," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 99-086/3, Tinbergen Institute.
- Ridder, G & van den Berg, Gerard J & van Vuuren, Aico, 2000. "Measuring the Equilibrium Effects of Unemployment Benefits Dispersion," CEPR Discussion Papers 2541, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Aico van Vuuren & Gerard J van den Berg & Geert Ridder, 2000. "Measuring the Equilibrium Effects of Unemployment Benefits Dispersion," Economics Working Paper Archive 431, The Johns Hopkins University,Department of Economics.
- Kuchibhotla, Murali, 2013. "Three essays in development economics," ISU General Staff Papers 201301010800004461, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Bicakova, Alena & Kaliskova, Klara, 2016.
"Career Breaks after Childbirth: The Impact of Family Leave Reforms in the Czech Republic,"
IZA Discussion Papers
10149, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Alena Bicakova & Klara Kaliskova, 2016. "Career Breaks after Childbirth: The Impact of Family Leave Reforms in the Czech Republic," CERGE-EI Working Papers wp568, The Center for Economic Research and Graduate Education - Economics Institute, Prague.
- Geeta G. Kingdon & John B. Knight, 2000. "Are searching and non-searching unemployment distinct states when unemployment is high? The case of South Africa," CSAE Working Paper Series 2000-02, Centre for the Study of African Economies, University of Oxford.
- Puhani, Patrick A, 2003. "The Rise and Fall of Swiss Unemployment," CEPR Discussion Papers 3828, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Matteo Richiardi, 2002. "What Does the ECHP Tell Us About Labour Status Misperception: a Journey in Less Known Regions of Labour Discomfort," LABORatorio R. Revelli Working Papers Series 10, LABORatorio R. Revelli, Centre for Employment Studies.
- Stephen R. G. Jones & W. Craig Riddell, 2006.
"Unemployment and Nonemployment: Heterogeneities in Labor Market States,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics,
MIT Press, vol. 88(2), pages 314-323, May.
- Stephen R.G. Jones & W. Craig Riddell, 2002. "Unemployment and Non-Employment: Heterogeneities in Labour Market States," Department of Economics Working Papers 2002-05, McMaster University.
- Alena BicÃ¡kovÃ¡, 2005. "Unemployment Versus Inactivity: An Analysis of the Earnings and Labor Force Status of Prime Age Men in France, the UK, and the US at the End of the 20th Century," LIS Working papers 412, LIS Cross-National Data Center in Luxembourg.
- Kingdon, Geeta & Knight, John, 2006.
"The measurement of unemployment when unemployment is high,"
Elsevier, vol. 13(3), pages 291-315, June.
- Maria Ward Otoo, 1997. "The sources of worker anxiety: evidence from the Michigan survey," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 1997-48, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Ayça Akarçay Gürbüz & Sezgin Polat & Mustafa Ulus, 2014. "In Limbo: Exploring Transition to Discouragement," The European Journal of Development Research, Palgrave Macmillan;European Association of Development Research and Training Institutes (EADI), vol. 26(4), pages 527-551, September.
- Millimet, Daniel L. & Nieswiadomy, Michael & Ryu, Hang & Slottje, Daniel, 2003. "Estimating worklife expectancy: an econometric approach," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 113(1), pages 83-113, March.
- Stephen R. G. Jones & Craig Riddell, 2000. "The Dynamics of US Labor Force Attachment," Econometric Society World Congress 2000 Contributed Papers 0011, Econometric Society.
- CÃ¶rvers,Frank & Golsteyn,Bart, 2003. "Changes in women's willingness to work in a tightening labour market: the impact of preferences, wages and individual characteristics," ROA Research Memorandum 005, Maastricht University, Research Centre for Education and the Labour Market (ROA).
- Peder Pedersen & Torben Schmidt, 2011. "What is unemployment in Europe? Concepts and measurement in the European community household panel," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 40(3), pages 705-728, May.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:uwp:jhriss:v:27:y:1992:i:2:p:329-361. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://jhr.uwpress.org/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.