Educational reversals and first-birth timing in sub-saharan africa: A dynamic multilevel approach
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Jejeebhoy, Shireen J., 1995. "Women's Education, Autonomy, and Reproductive Behaviour: Experience from Developing Countries," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780198290339.
- Diane J. Macunovich, 1998. "Fertility and the Easterlin hypothesis: An assessment of the literature," Journal of Population Economics, Springer;European Society for Population Economics, vol. 11(1), pages 53-111.
- David Lam & Suzanne Duryea, 1999. "Effects of Schooling on Fertility, Labor Supply, and Investments in Children, with Evidence from Brazil," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 34(1), pages 160-192.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Øystein Kravdal, 2012. "Further evidence of community education effects on fertility in sub-Saharan Africa," Demographic Research, Max Planck Institute for Demographic Research, Rostock, Germany, vol. 27(22), pages 645-680.
- Henrik Urdal & Chi Primus Che, 2013. "War and Gender Inequalities in Health: The Impact of Armed Conflict on Fertility and Maternal Mortality," International Interactions, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 39(4), pages 489-510, September.
- Adjaye-Gbewonyo, Kafui & Kawachi, Ichiro, 2012. "Use of the Yitzhaki Index as a test of relative deprivation for health outcomes: A review of recent literature," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 75(1), pages 129-137.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Muhammed QASIM & Muhammed Abrar ul HAQ & Tarik HUSSEIN & Charagh ROSHAN, 2018. "Does Women Well-being Matter for Demand and Development of Children?," EKOIST Journal of Econometrics and Statistics, Istanbul University, Faculty of Economics, vol. 14(29), pages 169-197, December.
- Fatma Romeh M. Ali & Shiferaw Gurmu, 2018. "The impact of female education on fertility: a natural experiment from Egypt," Review of Economics of the Household, Springer, vol. 16(3), pages 681-712, September.
- Larry E. Jones & Michele Tertilt, 2006. "An Economic History of Fertility in the U.S.: 1826-1960," NBER Working Papers 12796, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Michael Grimm, 2002.
"The medium and long term effects of an expansion of education on poverty in Côte d'Ivoire. A dynamic microsimulation study,"
DT/2002/12, DIAL (Développement, Institutions et Mondialisation).
- Michael Grimm, 2004. "The Medium- and Long-term Effects of an Expansion of Education on Poverty in Côte d'Ivoire: A Dynamic Microsimulation Study," WIDER Working Paper Series RP2004-32, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Michael Grimm, 2004. "The medium and long term effects of an expansion of education on poverty in Côte d Ivoire A dynamic microsimulation study," HEW 0405002, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Duryea, Suzanne & Lam, David & Levison, Deborah, 2007. "Effects of economic shocks on children's employment and schooling in Brazil," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 84(1), pages 188-214, September.
- Arias, Omar & Yamada, Gustavo & Tejerina, Luis, 2018. "Education, Family Background and Racial Earnings Inequality in Brazil," IDB Publications (Working Papers) 4369, Inter-American Development Bank.
- David Lam, 2011. "How the World Survived the Population Bomb: Lessons From 50 Years of Extraordinary Demographic History," Demography, Springer;Population Association of America (PAA), vol. 48(4), pages 1231-1262, November.
- Claude Diebolt & Cédric Doliger, 2005. "Becker vs. Easterlin. Education, Fertility and Growth in France after World War II," Working Papers 05-03, Association Française de Cliométrie (AFC).
- Lopez-Acevedo, Gladys & Freije-Rodriguez, Samuel & Vergara Bahena, Mexico Alberto & Cardozo Medeiros, Diego, 2020.
"Changes in Female Employment in Mexico: Demographics, Economics, and Policies,"
IZA Discussion Papers
13404, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Lopez-Acevedo,Gladys C. & Freije-Rodriguez,Samuel & Vergara Bahena,Mexico Alberto & Cardozo Medeiros,Diego, 2020. "Changes in Female Employment in Mexico : Demographics, Economics, and Policies," Policy Research Working Paper Series 9292, The World Bank.
- Ina GANGULI & Ricardo HAUSMANN & Martina VIARENGO, 2014. "Closing the gender gap in education: What is the state of gaps in labour force participation for women, wives and mothers?," International Labour Review, International Labour Organization, vol. 153(2), pages 173-207, June.
- Luciana Luz & Victor Agadjanian, 2015. "Women’s decision-making autonomy and children’s schooling in rural Mozambique," Demographic Research, Max Planck Institute for Demographic Research, Rostock, Germany, vol. 32(25), pages 775-796.
- Patrick M. Emerson & André Portela Souza, 2011.
"Is Child Labor Harmful? The Impact of Working Earlier in Life on Adult Earnings,"
Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 59(2), pages 345-385.
- Emerson, Patrick M. & Portela Souza, André, 2007. "Is Child Labor Harmful? The Impact of Working Earlier in Life on Adult Earnings," IZA Discussion Papers 3027, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Jungho Kim, 2010. "Women's Education and Fertility: An Analysis of the Relationship between Education and Birth Spacing in Indonesia," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 58(4), pages 739-774, July.
- Prajapati, Hari Ram, 2014. "An Application of Game Theory in Strategic Decision of Family Planning," MPRA Paper 105491, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 2015.
- Raymond B. Frempong & David Stadelmann, 2017. "Does Female Education have a Bargaining Effect on Household Welfare? Evidence from Ghana and Uganda," CREMA Working Paper Series 2017-08, Center for Research in Economics, Management and the Arts (CREMA).
- Maddox, Bryan, 2007. "Worlds Apart? Ethnographic Reflections on "Effective Literacy" and Intrahousehold Externalities," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 35(3), pages 532-541, March.
- Kodila-Tedika, Oasis, 2018. "Does Masculinity Matter for Female Leaders? Evidence in cross-section countries," MPRA Paper 84776, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Adebayo B. Aromolaran, 2004. "Female Schooling, Non-Market Productivity, and Labor Market Participation in Nigeria," Working Papers 879, Economic Growth Center, Yale University.
- Martin Dribe & Maria Stanfors, 2009. "Education, Work and Parenthood: Comparing the Experience of Young Men and Women in Sweden," Journal of Family and Economic Issues, Springer, vol. 30(1), pages 32-42, March.
- Suzanne Duryea & Alejandra Cox Edwards & Manuelita Ureta, 2002. "Las mujeres en el mercado laboral de América Latina y el Caribe en los años 90: Una década extraordinaria," IDB Publications (Working Papers) 53118, Inter-American Development Bank.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:spr:demogr:v:44:y:2007:i:1:p:59-77. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Sonal Shukla or Springer Nature Abstracting and Indexing (email available below). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.