Time to dispense with the p-value in OR?
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Kelley, Ken, 2007. "Confidence Intervals for Standardized Effect Sizes: Theory, Application, and Implementation," Journal of Statistical Software, Foundation for Open Access Statistics, vol. 20(i08).
- Gigerenzer, Gerd, 2004. "Mindless statistics," Journal of Behavioral and Experimental Economics (formerly The Journal of Socio-Economics), Elsevier, vol. 33(5), pages 587-606, November.
- Larry V. Hedges, 1981. "Distribution Theory for Glass's Estimator of Effect size and Related Estimators," Journal of Educational and Behavioral Statistics, , vol. 6(2), pages 107-128, June.
- Coelho, V.N. & Grasas, A. & Ramalhinho, H. & Coelho, I.M. & Souza, M.J.F. & Cruz, R.C., 2016. "An ILS-based algorithm to solve a large-scale real heterogeneous fleet VRP with multi-trips and docking constraints," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 250(2), pages 367-376.
- Kristof De Witte & Rui Marques, 2010. "Designing performance incentives, an international benchmark study in the water sector," Central European Journal of Operations Research, Springer;Slovak Society for Operations Research;Hungarian Operational Research Society;Czech Society for Operations Research;Österr. Gesellschaft für Operations Research (ÖGOR);Slovenian Society Informatika - Section for Operational Research;Croatian Operational Research Society, vol. 18(2), pages 189-220, June.
- Armstrong, J. Scott, 2007. "Statistical significance tests are unnecessary even when properly done and properly interpreted: Reply to commentaries," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 23(2), pages 335-336.
- Browne, Richard H., 2010. "The t-Test p Value and Its Relationship to the Effect Size and P(X>Y)," The American Statistician, American Statistical Association, vol. 64(1), pages 30-33.
- repec:spr:scient:v:102:y:2015:i:1:d:10.1007_s11192-014-1251-5 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:spr:scient:v:90:y:2012:i:3:d:10.1007_s11192-011-0494-7 is not listed on IDEAS
- Leung, Stephen C.H. & Zhang, Zhenzhen & Zhang, Defu & Hua, Xian & Lim, Ming K., 2013. "A meta-heuristic algorithm for heterogeneous fleet vehicle routing problems with two-dimensional loading constraints," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 225(2), pages 199-210.
- Jan M. Hoem, 2008. "The reporting of statistical significance in scientific journals," Demographic Research, Max Planck Institute for Demographic Research, Rostock, Germany, vol. 18(15), pages 437-442, June.
- Jérémie Gallien & Adam J. Mersereau & Andres Garro & Alberte Dapena Mora & Martín Nóvoa Vidal, 2015. "Initial Shipment Decisions for New Products at Zara," Operations Research, INFORMS, vol. 63(2), pages 269-286, April.
- Eugene Demidenko, 2016. "The p -Value You Can’t Buy," The American Statistician, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 70(1), pages 33-38, February.
- Vlado Kysucky & Lars Norden, 2016. "The Benefits of Relationship Lending in a Cross-Country Context: A Meta-Analysis," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 62(1), pages 90-110, January.
More about this item
KeywordsStatistical decision making; Inferential statistics; Statistical evidence; p-values; Aggregation of statistical information; Effect sizes; Confidence intervals;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:spr:cejnor:v:26:y:2018:i:1:d:10.1007_s10100-017-0484-9. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.