Democratization or Vulgarization - The Impact of Facebook on Cultural Capital
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Robert V. Kozinets, 2008. "Technology/Ideology: How Ideological Fields Influence Consumers' Technology Narratives," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 34(6), pages 865-881, October.
- Kristine de Valck & Roberts Kozinets & Andrea Wojnicki & Sarah Wilner, 2010. "Networked Narratives: Understanding Word-of-Mouth Marketing in Online Communities," Post-Print hal-00458424, HAL.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Carmela Milano, 2015. "Democratization or else vulgarization of cultural capital? The role of social networks in theater’s audience behavior," Working Papers CEB 15-004, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Carmela Milano & Sandra Rothenberger, 2018. "Democratization or Vulgarization - The Impact of Facebook on Cultural Capital," Working Papers CEB 18-011, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Rydén, Pernille & Ringberg, Torsten & Wilke, Ricky, 2015. "How Managers' Shared Mental Models of Business–Customer Interactions Create Different Sensemaking of Social Media," Journal of Interactive Marketing, Elsevier, vol. 31(C), pages 1-16.
- Inyoung Chae & Andrew T. Stephen & Yakov Bart & Dai Yao, 2017. "Spillover Effects in Seeded Word-of-Mouth Marketing Campaigns," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 36(1), pages 89-104, January.
- Yadav, Manjit S. & de Valck, Kristine & Hennig-Thurau, Thorsten & Hoffman, Donna L. & Spann, Martin, 2013.
"Social Commerce: A Contingency Framework for Assessing Marketing Potential,"
Journal of Interactive Marketing, Elsevier, vol. 27(4), pages 311-323.
- Manjit Yadav & Kristine de Valck & Thorsten Henning-Thurau & Donna Hoffman & Martin Spann, 2013. "Social Commerce: A Contingency Framework for Assessing Marketing Potential," Post-Print hal-00907919, HAL.
- Wee-Kheng Tan & Ching-Hsiang Lin, 2021. "Why do individuals word-of-mouth destinations they never visited?," Service Business, Springer;Pan-Pacific Business Association, vol. 15(1), pages 131-149, March.
- Schau, Hope Jensen & Dang, Yan Mandy & Zhang, Yulei Gavin, 2017. "Learning to navigate the American retail servicescape: Online forums as consumer acculturation platforms and consumer gift systems," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 72(C), pages 178-188.
- Hong, Soonkwan & Vicdan, Handan, 2016. "Re-imagining the utopian: Transformation of a sustainable lifestyle in ecovillages," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 69(1), pages 120-136.
- Bastos, Wilson, 2020. "“Speaking of Purchases”: How Conversational Potential Determines Consumers' Willingness to Exert Effort for Experiential Versus Material Purchases," Journal of Interactive Marketing, Elsevier, vol. 50(C), pages 1-16.
- Maise Soares Pereira & Ivan Lapuente Garrido & Celso Augusto de Matos, 2015. "Firm-Created Word-of-Mouth Recommendation: is it Also Worthwhile?," Brazilian Business Review, Fucape Business School, vol. 12(3), pages 91-118, May.
- Yap, Kenneth B. & Soetarto, Budi & Sweeney, Jillian C., 2013. "The relationship between electronic word-of-mouth motivations and message characteristics: The sender’s perspective," Australasian marketing journal, Elsevier, vol. 21(1), pages 66-74.
- Zahra MajlesiRad & Abdol Hamid Haji pour Shoushtari, 2020. "Analysis of the impact of social network sites and eWOM marketing, considering the reinforcing dimensions of the concept of luxury, on tendency toward luxury brand," Future Business Journal, Springer, vol. 6(1), pages 1-19, December.
- Kozinets, Robert V., 2019. "YouTube utopianism: Social media profanation and the clicktivism of capitalist critique," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 98(C), pages 65-81.
- Lena Steinhoff & Denni Arli & Scott Weaven & Irina V. Kozlenkova, 2019. "Online relationship marketing," Journal of the Academy of Marketing Science, Springer, vol. 47(3), pages 369-393, May.
- Nguyen, Hang T. & Chaudhuri, Malika, 2019. "Making new products go viral and succeed," International Journal of Research in Marketing, Elsevier, vol. 36(1), pages 39-62.
- Eyal Eckhaus & Zachary Sheaffer, 2018. "Managerial hubris detection: the case of Enron," Risk Management, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 20(4), pages 304-325, November.
- Zongshui Wang & Hong Zhao & Yan Wang, 2015. "Social networks in marketing research 2001–2014: a co-word analysis," Scientometrics, Springer;Akadémiai Kiadó, vol. 105(1), pages 65-82, October.
- Ziad Abdelmoety & Spiros Gounaris, 2015. "Exporting B2B Solutions: The Impact and Contribution of Using Social Media," Athens Journal of Business & Economics, Athens Institute for Education and Research (ATINER), vol. 1(1), pages 23-40, January.
- Veronica Scuotto & Manlio Del Giudice & Elias G. Carayannis, 2017. "The effect of social networking sites and absorptive capacity on SMES’ innovation performance," The Journal of Technology Transfer, Springer, vol. 42(2), pages 409-424, April.
- Aysha Fleming & Claire Mason & Gillian Paxton, 2018. "Discourses of technology, ageing and participation," Palgrave Communications, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 4(1), pages 1-9, December.
More about this item
Keywordssocial networks and Facebook; arts consumer research; theater management; cultural capital; vulgarization; democratization; structural equation modeling;
All these keywords.
- D23 - Microeconomics - - Production and Organizations - - - Organizational Behavior; Transaction Costs; Property Rights
- D83 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty - - - Search; Learning; Information and Knowledge; Communication; Belief; Unawareness
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:sol:spaper:2013/267649. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/cebulbe.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Benoit Pauwels (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/cebulbe.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.